DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition).
Jun 5, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #601 of 1,451
  Sorry, I should have asked earlier.  Would you usually use a medium or a large?  I find medium in the Shure as well as Westone star tips fit me best.  I've just read though that the Comply's are squishier and you can go up a size. So I'm not sure if I should go with a Large instead.

Thank You.

Well I always use large in whichever tips I get. I probably wouldn't be the best person to ask. BUT, I agree. These tips are quite squishy and I think they'd conform to any ear canal once inserted. They wouldn't hurt like some other tips I've used that have been too large (like Monster tips). I'm not saying to BUY large tips. but if you do decide to I can't really foresee it being a problem. My natural instinct would be to go for the size you normally get, though. 

Jun 5, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #602 of 1,451
  Well I always use large in whichever tips I get. I probably wouldn't be the best person to ask. BUT, I agree. These tips are quite squishy and I think they'd conform to any ear canal once inserted. They wouldn't hurt like some other tips I've used that have been too large (like Monster tips). I'm not saying to BUY large tips. but if you do decide to I can't really foresee it being a problem. My natural instinct would be to go for the size you normally get, though. 

Ok. Thanks.  I will get the medium as that is what I normally use.  Plus I can only find the  TX-500's in medium on amazon.ca anyways. (Canada's amazon site).

Thanks for the help:)

Jun 6, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #605 of 1,451
Correct me if I'm wrong, AFAIK the diameter of the inner tube of the 400s and the 500s of comply are the same, but the 500 inner tube is made with a much more flexible material different from 100-400 so can accommodate larger bores.

I've tried the 400s on the DITA. Fits almost perfectly, but maybe 500 would be even a better fit.

Jun 6, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #606 of 1,451
Do any of you know of a non foam tip similar in length to the westone stars but wit a larger bore ?

Jun 6, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #607 of 1,451
Well, my re plug mini project has stalled.

(To recap, I'm fitting a slimline plug to my Answers so I can keep my Cleave iphone bumper)

My brand new Furutech plug decided to fully disintegrate. Not too happy as it cost me AU$50 and because I sourced it from Japan, will be a hassle to send back.

I'm now waiting on a bunch of Double Helix plugs (look almost identical and also use Bronze and Rhodium bits).

Cross fingers this time...

Jun 8, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #608 of 1,451
Just wanted to post a heads up that if anyone is considering purchasing one of the Dita Answer IEMs, and is counting on the fact that there's a 'return policy' if for some reason something is objectionable... it will cost you 35% in restocking fee to do so. For the Truth at $999 (easy math) it's a whopping $350! According to Dita this is for return shipping, and 'administration charges'. 

Sort of a buy at your own risk situation it seems. Just wanted everyone to know because it doesn't mention this crazy high fee on their website in the returns policy- it just says there is one. 

Jun 8, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #609 of 1,451
  Just wanted to post a heads up that if anyone is considering purchasing one of the Dita Answer IEMs, and is counting on the fact that there's a 'return policy' if for some reason something is objectionable... it will cost you 35% in restocking fee to do so. For the Truth at $999 (easy math) it's a whopping $350! According to Dita this is for return shipping, and 'administration charges'. 

Sort of a buy at your own risk situation it seems. Just wanted everyone to know because it doesn't mention this crazy high fee on their website in the returns policy- it just says there is one. 

Interesting and a bit excessive. Guess they rather you just sell it on the market than return it.

Jun 8, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #610 of 1,451
They also won't accept any responsibility and refuse a refund if the package get lost, according to their website. 
rolleyes.gif

Jun 8, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #611 of 1,451
  They also won't accept any responsibility and refuse a refund if the package get lost, according to their website. 
rolleyes.gif

I imagine the buyer's CC or Paypal will protect in that case - they wouldn't be the ones providing the refund anyway. Or insurance.

Jun 8, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #612 of 1,451
You would think it would be insured through the shipping company. I am glad I got my Answers without any issues.
I ordered a pair of JVC FX-850 from a seller off of Amazon last Monday and on Friday the tracking said that they had been delivered with a signature to someone in California. This persons name wasn't even close to mine and I live in Canada, not the U.S. The seller has not responded to my emails yet and it has now been about 48 hours. I was told if they weren't delivered by Monday I would get a refund. I am just hoping they gave me someone else's tracking no by mistake and that the seller hasn't responded because it is the weekend.

Jun 8, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #613 of 1,451
You would think it would be insured through the shipping company. I am glad I got my Answers without any issues.
I ordered a pair of JVC FX-850 from a seller off of Amazon last Monday and on Friday the tracking said that they had been delivered with a signature to someone in California. This persons name wasn't even close to mine and I live in Canada, not the U.S. The seller has not responded to my emails yet and it has now been about 48 hours. I was told if they weren't delivered by Monday I would get a refund. I am just hoping they gave me someone else's tracking no by mistake and that the seller hasn't responded because it is the weekend.

My TRUTH arrived within two days of ordering so no complaints what so ever from me. In general i think their service is exemplary. 

That is rotten bad luck re the JVCs. I hope for your sake it is a mistake and they do respond. I had a similar thing happen with my Noble 4 order. It got delivered and signed for some 3000 klms from where i live but it did get sorted in the end.

I have had my TRUTH for a month and half now and am absolutely loving the sound. They are the most natural sounding IEM i have owned and the bass is terrific. Getting a consistently good seal is an issue though. I think i need a long large sized tip. Something like westone star (but they won't fit) Anybody have suggestions ? 

Jun 8, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #614 of 1,451

My TRUTH arrived within two days of ordering so no complaints what so ever from me. In general i think their service is exemplary. 

That is rotten bad luck re the JVCs. I hope for your sake it is a mistake and they do respond. I had a similar thing happen with my Noble 4 order. It got delivered and signed for some 3000 klms from where i live but it did get sorted in the end.

I have had my TRUTH for a month and half now and am absolutely loving the sound. They are the most natural sounding IEM i have owned and the bass is terrific. Getting a consistently good seal is an issue though. I think i need a long large sized tip. Something like westone star (but they won't fit) Anybody have suggestions ? 

I agree. I ordered my Dita Answers a little over a week ago on a Friday evening and they ended up getting here on the following Tuesday at about noon.  So it took around 1 1/2 business days.  Plus they shipped with Fed Ex, which I have always had good luck with, they never just leave the package at the front door like some other couriers.

I would love to hear how the Truth sound and would like to hear some more comparisons to the Answer version which have already become my favourite iem... I do like the look of the Truth cable.  I might eventually order them in the future, but I spent far too much money this past two weeks on ear gear.

I hope the JVC's get here as well.  I ordered them because they are unique; having a wooden driver I read the timbre is very good, plus the wooden exterior looks very good IMO.  But if they don't arrive by tomorrow the rep from Amazon said I will get a refund, but I would still prefer the 850 though.

I find the best way to get a good seal is the way they show in the manual.  Face the cable straight down, and then rotate them in so that the cable is at a horizontal position after, then loop the cable over the ear.  The only time the seal changes for me using this method is if I open my jaw, but as soon as I close it the seal becomes good again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back