DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition).
May 30, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #586 of 1,451
Getting the fit right on the Answers might take a bit of patience.
I've found that once they're in your ears, if they are not feeling or sealing right, 'dialing them in' can help.
If you twist them while they're in your ear like they're the volume control of your amp, it alters the angle of the nozzle and influences how they fit and sound.

I get the best fit and after a while, I can hardly feel them in my ears. They're the most comfortable IEMs I've used which is strange considering they're also the largest I've used.

May 31, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #587 of 1,451
Recently I bought a pair of DITAS (The Answer) to pair with my FiiO X5/E12 +HS6 stack. I like them very much, however the DITAs have a noisefloor/hiss when turning on the E12. Changes in settings on the X5/E12 do not seem to have any affect, hiss does increase when turning up the volume but not linear. When using just the X5 there is no noisefloor/hiss.

Are the DITAs supposed to be sensitive IEMs and therefore power amping (E12) causing the hiss? Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

The E12 always had noise floor with sensitive IEM's. I bought it twice and twice returned it because of hiss.... It is well built and very good but with the hiss its just not made for IEM's....

Jun 1, 2014 at 3:32 AM Post #588 of 1,451
The E12 always had noise floor with sensitive IEM's. I bought it twice and twice returned it because of hiss.... It is well built and very good but with the hiss its just not made for IEM's....

Thank you for sharing. Sold my JDS Labs C421 just to buy the E12/HS6 stack, now I wish I hadn't :rolleyes:

Jun 3, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #589 of 1,451
I just received my Answer non-truth edition this afternoon.  Out of the box I'll say I am very happy with the sq and the build quality of the earphones. As others have already said these are very natural sounding.

Also thanks to Dita for the vary fast shipping to Canada:)

Jun 3, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #590 of 1,451
  I just received my Answer non-truth edition this afternoon.  Out of the box I'll say I am very happy with the sq and the build quality of the earphones. As others have already said these are very natural sounding.

Also thanks to Dita for the vary fast shipping to Canada:)

Congrats, give it time and find the right tips for you.  I settled on foams and I never use foam with any other IEM. 

Jun 3, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #591 of 1,451

Congrats, give it time and find the right tips for you.  I settled on foams and I never use foam with any other IEM. 

Thanks:)   I just tried the small and large bore tips as well now.  It's definitely between the large bore and reference (medium bore) for me, probably the reference though.
What foam tips are you using with yours?  Mine didn't come with any and they don't list foam tips in the manual.
I see in you sig. your Answers are up for sale, are you not happy with them?
So far I'd say these are definitely a keeper for me.

Jun 3, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #592 of 1,451
  Thanks:)   I just tried the small and large bore tips as well now.  It's definitely between the large bore and reference (medium bore) for me, probably the reference though.
What foam tips are you using with yours?  Mine didn't come with any and they don't list foam tips in the manual.
I see in you sig. your Answers are up for sale, are you not happy with them?
So far I'd say these are definitely a keeper for me.

I am using comply tips right now.  There was something in the treble and not enough mids for me with the silicon tips.  With the comply, it solved both those things.  I also feel the bass is probably the best I have ever heard in an IEM.  

I am selling them to fund the Truth :)

Jun 3, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #593 of 1,451

I am using comply tips right now.  There was something in the treble and not enough mids for me with the silicon tips.  With the comply, it solved both those things.  I also feel the bass is probably the best I have ever heard in an IEM.  

The Truth:) Nice... It was a tough decision between the Truth and the Answer version for me.  Instead of the Truth I also ordered the Heaven VI and the JVC FX850.  I am not a huge treble lover though and from what I've read the Answer might be better suited to me.  I do think that I would prefer the Truth cable though with the sound sig. of the Answer.
 You'll have to give us a comparison once you get your Truth:)  But please don't tempt me too much as I've spent too much recently already. lol. 

Jun 4, 2014 at 4:54 PM Post #595 of 1,451
I am very curious to see the different setup people use for their iem.

I'm using my dx90 LO to Headamp Pico Power for my Answer non Truth. It's sound phenomenal. It doesn't seem to pair as well with my Filio X5 though. I am going to have to try my Concero HP, although I bet it will sound similar to the dx90 as they use the same ess chip. I'm very impressed with these iems, buy far my favourite so far.

Edit. Holy smokes the Concero HP playing through Amarra definitely adds to the sub bass quantity. Along the lines of my SE-846. They still are very well balanced though, the mids are not drowned out at all, they are still very clear and detailed. I didn't think these would be capable of this kind of sub bass:)

Jun 5, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #596 of 1,451

Hi,
I was just wondering which model of Comply are you using? The T-400's? As I am thinking about ordering some.  Thanks

Jun 5, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #599 of 1,451
  Right on. If the TX-500's fit then I would assume that the TX-400 would probably have been too hard to get on.  I'll order the TX-500's then in medium though.

Thank You.

Yeah, I forget which set of phones I actually purchased the TX-500s for but I had them and they fit perfectly. They don't fall off or anything. They aren't as 'stiff' or 'thick' as Complys that I've used in the past, so I feel like they're a really great fit, sound-wise. for the DITAs. I don't even roll them before insertion. I just push them in and let them conform to my ear canal. Easy insertion. I've very happy with them. I hope you are too. 

Jun 5, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #600 of 1,451
  Yeah, I forget which set of phones I actually purchased the TX-500s for but I had them and they fit perfectly. They don't fall off or anything. They aren't as 'stiff' or 'thick' as Complys that I've used in the past, so I feel like they're a really great fit, sound-wise. for the DITAs. I don't even roll them before insertion. I just push them in and let them conform to my ear canal. Easy insertion. I've very happy with them. I hope you are too. 

Sorry, I should have asked earlier.  Would you usually use a medium or a large?  I find medium in the Shure as well as Westone star tips fit me best.  I've just read though that the Comply's are squishier and you can go up a size. So I'm not sure if I should go with a Large instead.

Thank You.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back