DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition).
May 17, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #422 of 1,451
On the 2.5 trrs termination, I think they are still testing......

No mention of headphones.

damn desicion's decisions did they mention anything on a release date? and for that matter any news about their mythical closed back headphones, getting real close to buying some alpha dogs.

May 18, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #423 of 1,451
Just placed an order for the Truth Edition last night. I promised myself I'd never buy another set of phones without demo'ing them first, but this thread quickly broke my willpower. Sigh.

May 18, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #426 of 1,451
Yes - I missed the Orange County one...

I will bring the V8 Universal along with my DX90

I would like to hear the DITA - did the price just jump? I thought they were around $500 (deceptive version)

May 18, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #427 of 1,451
  Yes - I missed the Orange County one...

I will bring the V8 Universal along with my DX90

I would like to hear the DITA - did the price just jump? I thought they were around $500 (deceptive version)

price on website is listed as $650 for fat cable version. Don't doubt there worth it but at that price I would like to audition them before I pull the trigger.

May 18, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #428 of 1,451
I have received my Answer(Fat cable Edition) yesterday...I am very impressed with its presentation.  Some how I think it sounds better than my AD2000X... However with its clarity listening to badly recorded music can become a huge issue( typical problem with some Japanese Animation music). Now I really want to try the Truth Edition....

May 18, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #430 of 1,451
  I have received my Answer(Fat cable Edition) yesterday...I am very impressed with its presentation.  Some how I think it sounds better than my AD2000X... However with its clarity listening to badly recorded music can become a huge issue( typical problem with some Japanese Animation music). Now I really want to try the Truth Edition....

Now that's the Truth!!  
biggrin.gif

...sorry, had to.

May 18, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #431 of 1,451

Now that's the Truth!!  
biggrin.gif

...sorry, had to.

Good one!

And the truest truth is you'd get a even bigger issue if you attempt those bad records with the Truth Edition, which is vastly more transparent and boasts somehow more aggressive trebles
popcorn.gif

May 19, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #433 of 1,451

damn desicion's decisions did they mention anything on a release date? and for that matter any news about their mythical closed back headphones, getting real close to buying some alpha dogs.

Got an email from them today on the balanced cable - third quarter sometime.

May 19, 2014 at 3:02 AM Post #434 of 1,451
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkSsN4dFj2E

Ali Farka Toure with Ry Cooder.... This sounds freakin great through the DITA The Answer Truth Edition.....

May 19, 2014 at 4:55 AM Post #435 of 1,451
  Neil Youngs -Greatest Hits on the train today with DITA-The Truth, Hifi-M8 and ATH-ESW11. bliss.

You are quite the toter. I LOVED the balanced Dita Truth. I don't know much about the AK240 as I've listened only for a few minutes, but comparing the regular TRS to the TRRS version of the Truth was wonderful. Tone and timbre always were perfect on the Truth, but the balanced version is simply phenomenal. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back