DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition).
May 10, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #361 of 1,451
Whoa! I was going to order from price japan but the price has gone up by $145 in the last 2 days! Seems strange?

Looks like the price raise finally hit Japan... Dang, if I had known PriceJapan had them at $500, I would've jumped on them. I think it's a bit unfair to sell the headphones to some people at $500 and then suddenly jack up the price to $650.

May 10, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #362 of 1,451
Looks like the price raise finally hit Japan... Dang, if I had known PriceJapan had them at $500, I would've jumped on them. I think it's a bit unfair to sell the headphones to some people at $500 and then suddenly jack up the price to $650.

So do i! I won't be buying at that price unfortunately, for me it's not just the increase it's the extra import fees i will incur. Very dissapointing, seems a bad buisiness model to be honest.

May 10, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #363 of 1,451
qeme3eme.jpg

e8esuzug.jpg

A couple of photos from the Tokyo show, i wish i had taken more now.
I also took a couple of the Dita team but they didnt turn out as well as the photo on page one of this thread.

May 10, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #364 of 1,451
Sure, i bet it was awesome but we are really talking about the hugo's Sig here.

I am hanging out for the Calyx M but all impressions so far aren't very good. Any one try it at the Tokyo show ?

Tried it. I think we will get to a few reviews. It's not my cup of tea but it's an interesting player.

May 10, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #367 of 1,451
So do i! I won't be buying at that price unfortunately, for me it's not just the increase it's the extra import fees i will incur. Very dissapointing, seems a bad buisiness model to be honest.

Well to be fair to dita, the lower price of $500 you guys saw was in fact an introductory special price, and the current price is the price that was intended. So it was very much planned to be like that at the start. Besides, this is product is aimed at the top end of the market, and performs just as such, and it just wouldn't make too much sense to price it that much lower right? And yes, even in Singapore, where the owners are from, the introductory special price ended on the last day of april.

May 10, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #370 of 1,451
  just curious, how would one order the secondhand dita answer (truth edition) off fujiya avic? tenso? not that i have the money to right now, but i love the way these look and apparently they sound great as well.

I'm not so sure about second hand units, I haven't seen any around, but if you're using tenso I'm sure their customer service can help you with communications to any japanese sellers 

May 11, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #371 of 1,451
Well to be fair to dita, the lower price of $500 you guys saw was in fact an introductory special price, and the current price is the price that was intended. So it was very much planned to be like that at the start. Besides, this is product is aimed at the top end of the market, and performs just as such, and it just wouldn't make too much sense to price it that much lower right? And yes, even in Singapore, where the owners are from, the introductory special price ended on the last day of april.

Ah I wasn't aware that that was actually a special price. I thought at some point they decided that maybe they were getting enough attention to raise the price but I'm glad that's not the case. Yeah, I guess I can't complain much when a $650 product is competing at the $1K level haha. I'm just feeling the regret for not learning about how good these were until after the special price was over.

May 11, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #373 of 1,451
Actually I was thinking about getting that second hand set but I have no idea how to purchase that from the U.S. It doesn't show up on PriceJapan and I tried making an account on their website but they don't accept credit card payments or PayPal so that doesn't work either. Do you have any suggestions?

May 11, 2014 at 12:29 AM Post #375 of 1,451
Sigh that's too bad. Doesn't seem like getting a used pair is an option that I have so I've mentally prepared myself to commit the full $650. Wallet is hurtin bad haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back