Dita Audio Flagship - "The Dream"
May 15, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #286 of 569
The Dream is supposedly on sale in Japan since the 13th.
I will have to go to e-earphones in the next few days to check them out again.
If they are available to try, I will finally be able to start my comparisons to decide which to get, the Dream, the Jomo Flamenco or the 64 audio U18. I will throw into the mix the Mason 2 as it has been recommend we do for what I am looking for, and the Katana.

May 16, 2017 at 4:34 AM Post #287 of 569
The Dream is supposedly on sale in Japan since the 13th.
I will have to go to e-earphones in the next few days to check them out again.
If they are available to try, I will finally be able to start my comparisons to decide which to get, the Dream, the Jomo Flamenco or the 64 audio U18. I will throw into the mix the Mason 2 as it has been recommend we do for what I am looking for, and the Katana.

I'm going to be the villain and say 'Why not both' :p

I have both the dream and the flamenco, and now I find that they complement each other very well. There are times when I will choose to take the Flamenco, and others when I feel that the dream is more well suited for the day's needs.

I was intending to get the A18 as well..or was, till I found that I now need to re-terminate all my wires to 4.4, having decided to fully invest in in the 4.4 plug system from 2.5.

May 16, 2017 at 5:40 AM Post #288 of 569
I'm going to be the villain and say 'Why not both' :p

I have both the dream and the flamenco, and now I find that they complement each other very well. There are times when I will choose to take the Flamenco, and others when I feel that the dream is more well suited for the day's needs.

I was intending to get the A18 as well..or was, till I found that I now need to re-terminate all my wires to 4.4, having decided to fully invest in in the 4.4 plug system from 2.5.

Well, I might eventually get more than one of them, but I will get one first, let the honeymoon period pass, and then flirt with the others to see if they could please me with something different.

Note that after a first hour comparing the 64 and the Jomo, i have slight preference for the Flamenco as it seems a little more lively to me.

May 16, 2017 at 6:14 AM Post #289 of 569
Well, I might eventually get more than one of them, but I will get one first, let the honeymoon period pass, and then flirt with the others to see if they could please me with something different.

Note that after a first hour comparing the 64 and the Jomo, i have slight preference for the Flamenco as it seems a little more lively to me.

More lively compared to the U18 because of the bass and treble switch?

May 19, 2017 at 12:57 AM Post #293 of 569
How would the sound change going from the stock Truth cable (silver) to the PW1960 4 wires?

Not sure if you can have a 1960s that could fit into a Dream at this moment in time? as Dream have a proprietary 2-pin connection

May 19, 2017 at 8:07 AM Post #296 of 569
Dream has standard 2-pin connectors. In the first releases the cable pins were a bit too small so the fit was loose, but they're being updated now.

With the 4-wire the quantity of the bass is slightly reduced, but it creates a more controlled, tighter bass. Accordingly, the stage is cleaner, and its transparency improved. In general, the image is better defined and more organised. But still, we're talking about a cable that costs more than the Dream.

On a sidenote for Dream owners, a tip I got from Calvin from MS which I can confirm; it is worth continuing to burn the Dream well after 100 hours, to maybe 200 at least. The bass continues to improve its control, which affects the stage as a whole.

May 19, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #297 of 569
Dream has standard 2-pin connectors. In the first releases the cable pins were a bit too small so the fit was loose, but they're being updated now.

With the 4-wire the quantity of the bass is slightly reduced, but it creates a more controlled, tighter bass. Accordingly, the stage is cleaner, and its transparency improved. In general, the image is better defined and more organised. But still, we're talking about a cable that costs more than the Dream.

On a sidenote for Dream owners, a tip I got from Calvin from MS which I can confirm; it is worth continuing to burn the Dream well after 100 hours, to maybe 200 at least. The bass continues to improve its control, which affects the stage as a whole.

So, I guess it's still climbing in rank in your shootout (unless it already came in at #1) :wink:

May 19, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #298 of 569
I would like to add that the 1960+Dream+WM1Z is a match made in heaven for portable audio within a single, stackless system.

I do wish tho, that the past few months did not see the release of so many bank-breaking products at the same time. The Flamenco, Dream, and just a few weeks back the GTX 1080TI graphics card.....

But, as they say, I shall learn to live on air and water to satisfy my desires...

May 19, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #299 of 569
Thank God I have no time for video games :)

Thank you both for the replies.

For now I will wait until the Dream and 1Z have more burn in, and then will see if I can get chances to demo cables, which in Tokyo is actually not impossible, the problem is to try them balanced (and I have not seen the 4 wire in shops).

Any cable i should hunt down that would bring a little more sparkle in the top end?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back