Discussing the HIFIMAN Svanar, Audivina, and EF600 With Dr. Fang Bian
Mar 28, 2023 at 2:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

HIFIMAN's founder and long-time Head-Fi'er Dr. Fang Bian recently visited us at Head-Fi HQ to give the Head-Fi team a sample of what he and the team at HIFIMAN have been working on for the past three years. The first is an IEM which was stealth-launched in Japan last year and has already won multiple accolades; the second is a new junior flagship closed back full-size headphone; and the third is a full-featured, full-powered, all-in-one desktop R-2R DAC, headphone amp, streamer, and headphone stand. Find out what's new in each of these releases and hear our take in this impromptu interview with Dr. Fang Bian.

(We intended to release this prior to CanJam New York, but the timeline was tight with the CanJam New York Preview Video, and then we rolled right into CanJam Singapore.)

Join in the discussion in their individual product threads:
HIFIMAN Svanar | HIFIMAN Audivina | HIFIMAN EF600

Produced by Brian Murphy, Joe Cwik, and Jude Mansilla

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #3 of 22
One of the things I like about this community, is that though our countries will go thru stuff with each other...we audiophiles can break bread across boundaries to share across good music and gear--and leaving everything else aside. I think with people like us here is where the walls can come down and more conversations had.

Mar 28, 2023 at 7:30 PM Post #4 of 22
Mar 28, 2023 at 9:19 PM Post #5 of 22
Vodka for the win!
0D156EC0-D2DB-4FF0-9B21-A1D4F961B1D1.jpeg

Mar 28, 2023 at 11:36 PM Post #7 of 22
One of the things I like about this community, is that though our countries will go thru stuff with each other...we audiophiles can break bread across boundaries to share across good music and gear--and leaving everything else aside. I think with people like us here is where the walls can come down and more conversations had.
fully agree on this, after all we bought the gears to enjoy music anyway, don't see a point to trynna start some "drama" like elsewhere lol

Mar 29, 2023 at 3:08 AM Post #8 of 22
Uniting the world - one pair of headphones at a time.

Mar 29, 2023 at 9:19 AM Post #9 of 22
question for the Fang.... when can we expect the susvara to be offered at the price of $1999 .... and what exactly dictates the price of $6000 for a headphone...

Mar 29, 2023 at 10:25 AM Post #10 of 22
Hifiman’s approach in trickling down technologies from high end models to the budget models, and reducing the prices as sales volume increase, really helped bringing high fidelity to the mass market.
Very astute observation. I cannot disagree with this. Audeze also should be credited somewhat.

I hope it sets an example for other manufacturers (ZMF, Abyss etc.)

Mar 29, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #11 of 22
Very interesting to see Dr.Fang explain its product design.
Their no dout the RE2000 gold is my all time fav Hifiman IEM. :heart_eyes:
Svanar look very promising.

Mar 29, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #12 of 22
I wish I had a shop anywhere near me to try out new headphone gear! I’d love to test out the EF600 with my HE1000!

Mar 29, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #13 of 22
Jude seems fixated on where and when HFM products were announced otherwise he doesnt have that much to say. How was this video not released before NYC Canjam? Just give us the live feed and repackage later if you must. HFM and the consumers wouldve been better served with timelier info. Holy Schiit!

Mar 29, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #15 of 22
I wish I had a shop anywhere near me to try out new headphone gear! I’d love to test out the EF600 with my HE1000!
It's been years since I lived down that way, but at the time Hanson's had a small collection of headphones to demo. Maybe give them a ring and see if that's grown at all. Maybe a decade or so back they had some international brands in their lineup, and perhaps HIFIMAN is in the list today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back