Disappointed with koss ksc 75
May 12, 2007 at 3:45 PM Post #61 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by gigabyte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm burning in it by playing audio normally but my friend told me that there is a software to burn in headphones. Do you know it?

Some people play pink noise. I just play music. Just start listening to them. If you want you can play music over night.

May 13, 2007 at 5:57 AM Post #62 of 69
I bought this Koss with a very cheap price: just 15$ in vietnam so i think may be it's fake?
The box looks like this:
c43f_1.JPG

In the box, it writes: lifetime warranty.
The headphone jack is yellow.
Cable length is about 1,2 m.

May 13, 2007 at 6:59 AM Post #63 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by gigabyte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought this Koss with a very cheap price: just 15$ in vietnam so i think may be it's fake?
The box looks like this:
c43f_1.JPG

In the box, it writes: lifetime warranty.
The headphone jack is yellow.
Cable length is about 1,2 m.

looks like the same packaging I got with my 75's

May 13, 2007 at 12:04 PM Post #64 of 69
These are real image of my koss box:
69703022ro0.jpg

47724871ca1.jpg

18259711cs5.jpg

In last pic, it writes "made in china". Is this normal?
I have just give it to my friend and he have the same feeling like me.
I doubt that this is a fake one >_<. Any idea?

May 13, 2007 at 12:56 PM Post #65 of 69
made in china is normal dude
biggrin.gif

honestly, its not easy to differentiate the genuine and the fake headphone by looking at the cover. last time, i and a lot of other forumers (in other hardware/audio forum) , have bought the fake CX300. it was 99.9% alike the original one. the only difference that the fake cannot make is the sound. but it was too late, coz most of us never own a CX300 before, and we only revealed it when compare with the original one at Sen retailer shop after get informed.
Sen, Sony and Creative (especially ep630 and ep480) are some of brands that have a lot of imitation. the ratio for Koss is less,but it doesnt mean zero
biggrin.gif
anyway, i bought it already. try to burn in it first, to see how it improve. the genuine one will take around 1 week. pairing with headamp is always recommended with ksc75.

May 13, 2007 at 1:23 PM Post #66 of 69
It's difficult to sift through all the opinions on a typical post around here and attempt to find the truth. If this helps, I think Kramer's comments have been very lucid and on point. There doesn't appear to be any chance you have fakes - your pics look totally legit. So, do please go back and study Kramer's comments. Your answer is there if you find one. The only caveat to add is to give it some time before you decide to start drilling on them. They don't need burn-in, but it may take some effort to discover how to wear them so that they sound the best, and you may need a transition into a different level of listening as Kramer suggests.

Good luck.

Dec 6, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #67 of 69
Obviously there are people for every type of stereophones (consider thtat Not all of them took some kind of musical apreciation at school).

Once upon a time i did test this with one of my friends, who had just bought a new LG smartphone (amazing phone by the way), and we did the test with the earpads included in the purchase. These earphones he was used to listen music were compared VS my so amazing KSC75's. Fo the test I took my small Xperia 8 and played some Armin Van B. songs either using the original LG's (the cheapest they make outthere) against the Koss 75's... and he just said:  "What...? They sound exactly the same!"  ME, and ALL THE OTHER FRIENDS SURROUNDING US JUST BROKE LAUGHING A LOT...!!! 

Well, in this case, it is the same amazing situation... amazing is the koss sound, but more amazing is someone stating the KSC75 don´t sound great!!!   LOL!!

I think the comment of faked koss may apply then to this. Because believe me... there´s no way a KSC75 is lack of quality digital sound!!!
I can tell this because of this example, look the package of these koss. I cannot asure that koss send or sell their products like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/163684-KOSS-KSC75-SportClip-Headphones-Earphones-for-Mp3-cd-radio-Tablet-/360506127523?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item53efd6f4a3

Take care and please better buy from authorized dealers!

Sep 3, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #68 of 69
I admit this is probably a daft question, but I've never used headphones off a smartphone, only a rather good but now very old Sony digital walkman that could drive Senn PX100s with ease. I'm about to get a Lenovo K3 Note smartphone and am hoping these 75s are a lot easier to drive than the PX100s, which didn't gel at all well over a Samsung S4 mini I tried them with. I don't like ear canals, earbuds are ok in the comfort stakes but I really prefer over ear headphones like these Koss 75s. Have never heard them so I'm asking how good they perform with a good quality smartphone, but not a dedicated music player like the Sony?

Thanks,

Hal55

Users who are viewing this thread

Back