Disappointed in Sennheiser MX 471
Jul 25, 2011 at 9:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

fredm

New Head-Fier
After liking my Senn HD201, I bought the  Sennheiser MX 471.  They show some serious sibilance/treble harshness on many songs. I guess I thought at the same price point of the HD201 I would get equal quality.

what price level do i need to look at to get the same clarity and quality of the HD201 in a in ear phone?  

My main critic is mids and highs. I am not as bass critical as most I read about on here. 

Jul 27, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
what price level do i need to look at to get the same clarity and quality of the HD201 in a in ear phone? 

Are you for real? quality of the hd 201? They are really poor cans.

Jul 27, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #4 of 5
The first thing I have to ask is: are you using the included foams and/or any of the ear sleeves? Many people seem to look past the fact that earbuds too need the right fit to get the best sound, and most Sennheiser earbuds require the use of foams in order to sound like they should.

If you are using the accessories and the MX471 still isn't working out, I'd suggest looking at other options like the Blue Ever Blue 328R ("the Black") or the AKG K317. The BEB's have a smaller housing like the Senns, while the AKG's housing is a bit larger and it's a lanyard design. Both earphones excel in the midrange though their presentations differ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back