[dilemma] westone es5 or UM Miracle for my needs?
Sep 19, 2011 at 6:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

underhysteria

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for one which has a warm sound signature with punchy but not overpowered bass. I've narrowed down to these two since they are geared towards to the neutral side. I listen to almost everything so im looking to invest alot in my IEMs in order to complement most of the genres :). My previous IEM was the um1.. loved its warm sound but its treble and bass are totally off the hook for heavier songs (not an audiophile to begin with so my explanation is simple to begin with).

These are the type of songs I often listen to

Current mainstream pop
Instrumental (mainly piano and strings)
Melodic Death Metal (lots of instruments involved so i assume a IEM with a bigger soundstage is required?)
Classic (least priority)
My piano recordings

Looking forward towards your suggestions.. thanks :D

Sep 19, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #2 of 3

Quote:
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for one which has a warm sound signature with punchy but not overpowered bass. I've narrowed down to these two since they are geared towards to the neutral side. I listen to almost everything so im looking to invest alot in my IEMs in order to complement most of the genres :). My previous IEM was the um1.. loved its warm sound but its treble and bass are totally off the hook for heavier songs (not an audiophile to begin with so my explanation is simple to begin with).

These are the type of songs I often listen to

Current mainstream pop
Instrumental (mainly piano and strings)
Melodic Death Metal (lots of instruments involved so i assume a IEM with a bigger soundstage is required?)
Classic (least priority)
My piano recordings

Looking forward towards your suggestions.. thanks :D

That describes the Westone ES5's perfectly for me. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 19, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #3 of 3
The Westone ES5 are recommend because it is close match to the above requirements list and sound better for these genres music. The UM Miracle is more on neutral but ES5 tuned to Westone house sound signature ( little warm n neutral ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back