digiZoid ZO2.3 Impression & Discussion Thread
Jun 27, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #661 of 1,021
They gave me my tracking number and it's gonna be here friday, so I'm also quite happy. When I emailed them about this tweak in the first place, Cindy responded that they are glad to hear from me again. Top-Tier service for a top tier budget product. Can't wait for them to expand or come out with their next version
Quote:
Very cool...I'm pretty big on customer service, and so far Digizoid gets an "A" from me. 

Jun 27, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #662 of 1,021
Quote:
They gave me my tracking number and it's gonna be here friday, so I'm also quite happy. When I emailed them about this tweak in the first place, Cindy responded that they are glad to hear from me again. Top-Tier service for a top tier budget product. Can't wait for them to expand or come out with their next version

Same here...I'm sure I'll be a customer for a while

Jun 28, 2012 at 10:16 AM Post #663 of 1,021
My ZO2 should be here today :) . That's an entire day earlier than expected. I'll let you guys know how it performs. Many great things may happen if it's as great as I hope. I would seriously be able to get rid of my more expensive portable amps. I love the smartVektor sound signature a lot, even without bass contour levels being above green. 
Quote:

Same here...I'm sure I'll be a customer for a while

Jun 29, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #665 of 1,021
Huh? Check out their website for specs, digizoid.com/zo

Also, this will help you get more bass out of those MG7's and also help the audio sound better with it's smartVektor technology even if you don't boost the bass any using it's contour levels.

This amp is about 6 months old so it's probably gonna get replaced by the next version at some point, but probably good for another 8 months or so minimum, it's a pretty solid item, I'd still recommend buying it even in a few months. Their hasnt been any word yet about a new version, just lots of speculation of what to expect from it.
Quote:
what specific thing does this amp?

I have a sansa fuze player with headphones Mg7(32 ohm) and I feel that not all the potential out: s

soon will come out a new Digizoid?

EDIT: I forgot to add something I wanted to say besides responding.

I was waiting at a garage for my car to get inspected this morning and had just gotten my ZO2 back from digizoid after they did some tweaks for me to pair it better with sensitive IEM's. This thing performed wonderfully. The hiss i was hearing is virtually gone, only being present when in high gain with no music, which I would never listen to music that loud anyways. The bass is ridiculous on my Aurisonics AS-2 prototypes. I just kept bumping up the contour level and it kept not messing up the music at all, but just extended the luscious bass quality and quantity. My head was rumbling so much it felt weird when I took my CIEM's out of my ear. I was listening to Phaeleh's Fallen Light album all the way through and man does it hold a special place in my heart for all it's lovely sub-bass and how great it all sounded.

Jul 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #666 of 1,021
Question for you guys, can the ZO2 be used as an EQ only, without the amp function?

Say for (an extreme) example: I have my amp, amping the HE-6, and I wanna use the ZO2 as a bass boosting only, leaving the amping strictly to my real amp. Possible?

Realistically, I'm cutting down my headphones and only using my HE400 which isn't a basshead can, but there are times I want to have bass emphasis (more subtle), but still using my NFB5 DAC/AMP without any extra power/double amping.

Sep 4, 2012 at 4:35 AM Post #667 of 1,021
woof!
biggrin.gif

Sep 4, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #668 of 1,021
Quote:

Deserved bump, I still don't know how I will be able to part from the DigiZoid amps ever, might be something which will stay with me and headphones I'll buy will have to be usable with it. xD

Sep 4, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #671 of 1,021
Well for me with ZO I can get the exact bass amount I prefer which is why I love it so much, 32-level bass adjustments just can't be beat. Change headphone, tune bass contour level to your liking, set & forget, new headphone => repeat. Now try the same with 1 - 2 step bass boost adjustments, you might be lucky and the headphone might have a suitable amount of bass for the settings but chances are very high it won't match for all headphones. :)

Sep 4, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #675 of 1,021
Very true. It hardly adds any bulk at all. It's a great little device
Quote:
im picking the digizoid mainly because of the portability 
wont make my portable be like a brick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back