digiZoid ZO2.3 Impression & Discussion Thread
Apr 24, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #481 of 1,021

Quote:
Yea, they havent changed the box. If you have volume control, you have the 2.3, no other previous version had that, only the Bass boost contour levels

2.1 had only high gain but with volume control (LOD not possible to use, too loud at lowest vol setting + hissing with most IEMs and also slightly with some very sensitive headphones)
2.2 had also volume control but gain was set too low (mostly ok for LOD use with IEMs)
2.3 introduced high and low gain with only volume controllable with low gain

Volume control with high gain is partially why I like my ZO2.1 but I'm also a 64 ohm headphone user + using it out of headphone jack of my soundcard in which case the hissing is not audible whatsoever.

Apr 24, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #482 of 1,021
I've never thanked anyone for noting the usage of 'myriad' before. Thank you for the note. I'm just glad I got something right! Sound impressions and reviews are one thing, editing, writing, and the construction of a lucid sentence are things I often struggle with.
Quote:

Kudos for using "myriad" properly :)

Apr 25, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #484 of 1,021

Quote:
First ever BA I've paired up with the ZO2 -> so much fun :D!
The honour goes to the Dunu I 3C-S
Single BA driver.

Red contour setting.
BA's need it. lol

My aurvana 3s are dual BA drivers. I love the combo so much. They already have a bit of bass though, so although I keep the zo at red 24/7, they don't need that much for the normal person.

Apr 25, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #487 of 1,021
OK I got my ZO2 in the mail today. Sooner than I expected!

Paired it with my DBA-02 MKII. ****load of bass.

I do have a complaint though- there is a fair amount of hiss when I use it headphone-out. Any way of reducing this? I don't have a line-out dock, and I prefer not to use one.

Apr 25, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #490 of 1,021

Quote:
OK I got my ZO2 in the mail today. Sooner than I expected!

Paired it with my DBA-02 MKII. ****load of bass.

I do have a complaint though- there is a fair amount of hiss when I use it headphone-out. Any way of reducing this? I don't have a line-out dock, and I prefer not to use one.

Put it in low gain mode.

Apr 25, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #492 of 1,021
I have also heard some high praises, mucho jealous of you, though my Aurisonic AS-1b's should be in in a week or two, I have a feeling the combo will pair together quite nicely. Haven't heard anyone really talking about the combination yet though, but like.....15mm driver in a IEM that is quite well praised and I will also have the ability to tune the bass response to my liking even more with the B part of the IEM's and the ZO2 (When I use it over the Pico Slim I just picked up)
Quote:
Gonna give digizoid another shot and will have mg7 in 2 days. I hear high praise for this combo. How bout sennheiser hd25s.(70 ohm version)

Apr 25, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #493 of 1,021
When doing some more comparisions today between ZO2.1 and ZO2.3 it's as if both the mids and highs remain more forward together with a stronger bass, it's the whole range that sounds more forward which is what I like about ZO2.1, it's just much more engaging to listen to. I'm a bit worried how future updates will sound like now that I know what it COULD sound like in ZO2.1. I admit ZO2.1 has some issues that is problematic for a lot of users but damn I love this sound signature of ZO2.1. Sounds more like "live performance"-like to me, a bit Grado headphone sound over it while ZO2.3 is more relaxed sounding, less in-your-face / more distant sounding. I like it when vocals are very up-front and take lots of space and it doesn't quite give me that feeling on ZO2.3 at least when comparing with M-Audio Q40 headphones, on ZO2.1 they are on the more forward / in-your-face side and on ZO2.3 it sounds relatively neutral in this aspect, maybe ever so slightly on the "distant"-side.

Apr 25, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #495 of 1,021

Quote:
I have also heard some high praises, mucho jealous of you, though my Aurisonic AS-1b's should be in in a week or two, I have a feeling the combo will pair together quite nicely. Haven't heard anyone really talking about the combination yet though, but like.....15mm driver in a IEM that is quite well praised and I will also have the ability to tune the bass response to my liking even more with the B part of the IEM's and the ZO2 (When I use it over the Pico Slim I just picked up)

i absolutely love aurisonics, but i only have regular version.  Main reason i picked up mg7 (80 bucks used) is the praise they receive, and i need something while i send my asg1 in for the 1.2 revision.  Im patiently waiting the second release, supposedly with a 15 and 10 mm driver.  dont see how that can be anything but basshead material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back