Oh wow, that's gotta be intense!

whip on the Chinese accent:
heaaaar yeahh!
(hell yeah)

^you must really love the zo, zo much.

zoMG..
biggrin.gif

Apr 21, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #438 of 1,021
I’m using my ZO2 all the time,I bought it 2 months ago so I guess this is the ZO2.3 version?Unlike most people I don’t use it on portable devices or out of a phone jack.
I use it on a “transportable system”  consisting of a 10’ Lenovo netbook  and a Hotaudio WOW usb dac.I connect the line out of the dac to the ZO2  and the headphones I use are the Yuin G1A.The whole set up fits in a small leather bag!
I use Crunchbang Linux as an OS for the netbook and control the volume from the computer's audio player (i use VLC and Decibel playing Flac and ALAC files)
It works very well,I get some great bass from the Yuins.I use the high gain mode though. In low gain the sound volume sometimes is not enough as Yuins are not that easy to drive (impedance 150 ohm).And if I raise the volume too high on the media player then ZO starts to distort.
But on HG no such problems and I’m happy with the sound.All in all I really like the ZO.

Apr 21, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #439 of 1,021
Quote:
I’m using my ZO2 all the time,I bought it 2 months ago so I guess this is the ZO2.3 version?Unlike most people I don’t use it on portable devices or out of a phone jack.
I use it on a “transportable system”  consisting of a 10’ Lenovo netbook  and a Hotaudio WOW usb dac.I connect the line out of the dac to the ZO2  and the headphones I use are the Yuin G1A.The whole set up fits in a small leather bag!
I use Crunchbang Linux as an OS for the netbook and control the volume from the computer's audio player (i use VLC and Decibel playing Flac and ALAC files)
It works very well,I get some great bass from the Yuins.I use the high gain mode though. In low gain the sound volume sometimes is not enough as Yuins are not that easy to drive (impedance 150 ohm).And if I raise the volume too high on the media player then ZO starts to distort.
But on HG no such problems and I’m happy with the sound.All in all I really like the ZO.

I would seriously consider using foobar instead of VLC..IMO VLC sound terrible...check out this http://www.head-fi.org/t/555263/foobar2000-dolby-headphone-config-comment-discuss sounds great! And if its because of the crap stock theme then use one of this guys themes! http://br3tt.deviantart.com/art/Slate-1-1-279317532?

Loving the Z02...and only had it a couple of days! 

Apr 21, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #440 of 1,021
Danny i use Linux OS so no foobar2k.Foobar is only for Windows.
I run Crunchbang Linux on the netbook which is a light weight OS.I use a variety of music players on this other than VLC,like Decibel and Audacious.Sounds good to me.I know that Foobar is better than VLC on Windows.
But is there a difference between the SQ of VLC compared to other audio players on Linux OS?Don’t know about that.

Apr 21, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #441 of 1,021
Quote:
Danny i use Linux OS so no foobar2k.Foobar is only for Windows.
I run Crunchbang Linux on the netbook which is a light weight OS.I use a variety of music players on this other than VLC,like Decibel and Audacious.Sounds good to me.I know that Foobar is better than VLC on Windows.
But is there a difference between the SQ of VLC compared to other audio players on Linux OS?Don’t know about that.

Ahh sorry I didnt know you couldn´t use foobar on Linux! Never had an apple laptop or computer so wouldnt know! 

Apr 22, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #443 of 1,021

Quote:
I'm really looking forward to experiencing one of these myself, as soon as I find one haha

Be sure to report back if you do get hold of one :)

Apr 22, 2012 at 9:26 AM Post #444 of 1,021

Here is the set up i use ZO a lot.Lenovo S-10-3 netbook with 256GB OZC SSD,HotAudio WOW usb dac and Yuin G1A.And yes i use Koss clips for the G1 b/c i find them more comfortable than the Yuin clips.

ZO build quality is good enough IMO.
Polycarbonate is strong material and ZO feels like a tough little gadget and not like something that will break easily.The 2 jacks are tight and feel sturdy.Surely this is not a fancy-blingy device and the finish isn’t perfect-i can see that the ZO is build for SQ foremost and i like that.
As for the price ZO is actually made in USA right?And not somewhere in China like so many portable amps..Thus a higher price is to expect.
Considering all these (US build,great bass+control over the the quantity of it,drives G1A fine, polycarbonate case,small size) 115 $ is an OK price for me,money well spent esp taking into account that Digizoid is a very small company..
I’m using it alot for watching TV shows too on my TV.I connect the ZO to the line-out of my Crystal Audio MediaMatchbox media player.Again i use HG and control the volume from the source-it works well and gives a nice full-bodied sound for Fringe and Torchwood!In the end a very usefull device.MizMoxie-good job!

Apr 22, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #446 of 1,021
I use it for everything.

Playing a game on 360 or ps3? Hook it up to the headphone out of my tv and into my Aurvana 3s.(wanting to get an optical out)
Watching a movie? Headphone out to my Vmodas
In the car? Hook it up to the aux-in.
Browsing youtube on the laptop? Headphone out.
Want my surround system to make my living room 4 rooms away in an addition vibrate? In line from the source.
Want to make everyone in my class regret ever buying beats ever and feel disappointed by their ignorance? Archos 48 500gb with gonemad eq -> ZO2.3 -> Vmodas

Apr 22, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #447 of 1,021

Just ordered this for use with my Sony Z1060 and Z02.3, also have the Fiio L5 so will see which i like best, probably just use 3.5mm as it can reach higher volumes 
biggrin.gif

Love the musicality of this amp...crazy synergy with my CKS77, never thought such big bass with such detailed sound could exist! 
eek.gif

Apr 22, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #449 of 1,021
I don't get what you're saying. A toslink cable would fit into the ZO2, but al digizoid ZO products so far are only able to accept analog input, toslink would be digital. So it would fit in but nothing would happen, maybe some hiss
Quote:
Can the Digizoid Zo 2.3 work with toslink? I've heard that anything besides straight head-phone jack out doesn't work with the Zo.

Apr 22, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #450 of 1,021

Quote:
I don't get what you're saying. A toslink cable would fit into the ZO2, but al digizoid ZO products so far are only able to accept analog input, toslink would be digital. So it would fit in but nothing would happen, maybe some hiss

So the Zo 2 doesn't have a DAC? How do people use it for gaming and movies then? Headphone jack?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back