digiZoid ZO2.3 Impression & Discussion Thread
Jan 18, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #61 of 1,021

Quote:
Theres definitely a difference and I know im in high gain. Purple is low gain at max volume pink is high gain. Ive been in pink this whole time, It seems theres a problem with my amplification but untill someone else tries using the zo2 with full sized headphones out of an iphone or ipod I wont know for sure.

I have an iPhone 4 and multiple generations of iPod. I can use them at about 65% volume and full sized headphones and it's honestly an uncomfortable volume level when in high gain mode! Please make sure your battery is fully charged, take it out of high gain mode, and put it back into high gain mode. This may solve your problem. When the battery indicator goes on, it automatically goes out of high gain and into low gain, but the lightbar stays pink. So you may think you're in high gain as per the lightbar color, but you may not be.

Jan 18, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #62 of 1,021

Quote:
This is my initial experience with the unit (v2.3) as well. I have not tried it with different IEMs, but my W4s become muffled (lose attack, clarity, and air) when I hook up the ZO on any setting (H/L gain & H/L boost). With that said, I have a few comments: One, I'm willing to give this device some time to see if the sound gets better. Two, with electronic or bass fun music, the ZO is almost a must. It's like digiZoid's advertising implies: A subwoofer shows up to the party with the ZO. But unless the sound quality improves or the veil lifts, my ZO is going to be used with very few genres.

As for those of you experiencing the soundstage reduction, we have been able to replicate your problem. It has to do with the plugs not being fully inserted into the ZO's jacks. Try using the supplied cables and see if it fixes the problem. 

Jan 18, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #64 of 1,021

Quote:
I have an iPhone 4 and multiple generations of iPod. I can use them at about 65% volume and full sized headphones and it's honestly an uncomfortable volume level when in high gain mode! Please make sure your battery is fully charged, take it out of high gain mode, and put it back into high gain mode. This may solve your problem. When the battery indicator goes on, it automatically goes out of high gain and into low gain, but the lightbar stays pink. So you may think you're in high gain as per the lightbar color, but you may not be.

Wow so I've been stuck in low gain this whole time, well that explains why it only worked well on earphones. Thanks for helping me out it seems that solved the problem. Distortion is gone as well. 

Jan 18, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #65 of 1,021
IMO I think it has to do with what type of Headphones you use, when it comes to lack of sound stage, clarity. Some work great, others not so. Thing is the ZO2 v1 never had this problem once you used it for a few days. Sadly I did the same and nothing changed, yes well aware of getting jacks fully in.  I am glad some people are happy with v3, I was not and because of that, I sold my 2 ZOs.  I hope down the road something else comes from DigiZoid I can buy, and I thank MizMoxie for all her hard work. 

On to the next Amp. JDS C421.

Jan 19, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #67 of 1,021
What request form is this that your talking about?

Jan 20, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #70 of 1,021
Got V-Moda M80s for Christmas. A cowon Q5W in yesterday(amazing btw) and I'm thinking this will top off my needs. The other M80 owner in this thread, please elaborate or post more impressions :D

Jan 20, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #71 of 1,021
It is a truly remarkable revolutionary product, not evolutionary, but one of the few products that comes arround every ten years or so that is in fact REVEOLUTIONARY. Listening to a track, connected to the zoid, then un connected, you would think that you were actually listening to two differenct tracks....Only two slight disadvantages, sometimes, you can hear a mild hiss, and I do wish it were just a little bit more powerful, I get so excited listening to it with my M-50, that I keep turning it up, and you do readh an overload point where you are begging for more, but the sound starts to fall apart and crackle, - this is at ultra high - probably " unsafe levels " But the other 95 % of the time, it esentialy doubles the dollar value of the headphone you have on - makes a 4 150 SOUND LIKE A $ 300, AND SO ON......You will be truly amazed. Only thing I wish were actually changed, is the accompanying connector wires could have a better strain relief on them as the unit is intended to be portable, and should have a more durable set of connectors.

Alex

Jan 20, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #72 of 1,021

Quote:
Got V-Moda M80s for Christmas. A cowon Q5W in yesterday(amazing btw) and I'm thinking this will top off my needs. The other M80 owner in this thread, please elaborate or post more impressions :D

With my M-80s it gives enough bass for me between levels 2 and 4 depending what i'm listening for. It definitely boosts the bass and seems to make the whole thing sound a bit richer (i wouldn't know what to call it). I watched The Pacific with it all the way up and everytime it played thunder I had to take my headphones off before I realized it was from my headphones. 

Jan 20, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #74 of 1,021

Quote:
Is it just me, or does someone else use it on the highest bass level at all times?

Probably just you. :)

With ZO2.3 in low gain which adds slightly less bass boost I'm at like yellow - orange range with Q40 headphones which is the highest I've used so far. With XB500 headphones with ZO1 I used only the 2nd from lowest level, HTF600 with ZO2.1 about 5th to 6th level (yellow or the step before it turns fully yellow).

Well if I had less bassy headphones I would obviously use max though, maybe no bass boosted headphone to M50 or so in quantity headphones I'd imagine going to max. as I think for me aprox 12~13dB or so boost is what I want in bass. ZO I think adds depending on headphone/source etc a bit probably like 9~12dB boost. I can't imagine a XB500 user wanting to use max level though, then we'd be talking about like 25dB boost in bass response... wowza, Beats by Dre would suddenly seem bass neutral in comparision!

Jan 23, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #75 of 1,021
As far as bass levels, i can only bump it up about 4 clicks when connected to my hd650's, then with bass heavy songs it starts to distort. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back