Digizoid Zo
Jun 27, 2010 at 10:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

WillHughes

100+ Head-Fier
So there doesn't seem to be a thread on the "Digizoid Zo" (http://www.digizoid.com/the-zo/)

It's a pretty cheap device and the reviews I have seen don't seem to put the Zo into use with high-end headphones...

Has anyone had any experience with the product? I was planning on picking one up but I am really new to amps / high-end audio. Can anyone tell me their experiences and or whether or not the Zo would handle headphones like the HD650. Or better yet, what would be a limit to which the Zo would power?

Planning on running the Zo with my 5G iPod Nano and on my computer. Probably a stupid question but I am curious because the Zo is reasonably cheap and appealing.

Thanks in advance,

Will

Jun 27, 2010 at 12:34 PM Post #3 of 11
Can Skullcandy even be considered audiophile?

Jun 27, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #4 of 11
haha man this thread is off to a terrific start. It's basically your standard headphone amp with a bunch of built in equalizer, which will help headphones...especially your lower end IEMS that are sold at your typical brick and mortar stores...think Skullcandy, Beats, etc...compensate for their bass rolloff.

just based on the all the jargon (the website advertises as a subwoofer. really. really.) I'd stay away from this product. When I see descriptions like "world's first speakerless subwoofer" it's an automatic red flag.

Hell, it might sound decent, but I don't like a product that advertises something that it isn't. You're more likely to get a better deal going with a FiiO E7 (or perhaps even a CMOY with bass boost) for the money.

Jun 28, 2010 at 2:39 AM Post #6 of 11
Yeah thanks, I've decided to stay away from the Zo. Going to get a Headstage Arrow instead, just thought the Zo was worth a look up. Thanks Xan7hos

I'll be running it with RE0's and either HD600 or HD650 depending on what I get in the end

Jun 28, 2010 at 6:25 AM Post #7 of 11

Quote:
Yeah thanks, I've decided to stay away from the Zo. Going to get a Headstage Arrow instead, just thought the Zo was worth a look up. Thanks Xan7hos

I'll be running it with RE0's and either HD600 or HD650 depending on what I get in the end

beerchug.gif

Aug 25, 2010 at 6:28 PM Post #8 of 11
So...has anyone on this forum had any actual experience with this device?
I don't think they would beat a (good portable amp + good phones) rig, but how about with say, the apple earphones or with portable speakers?

Aug 28, 2010 at 9:23 AM Post #11 of 11
Thanks! Unfortunately I did not get a chance to use it with speakers. I had every intention of hooking up a little desktop system but I simply ran out of time. They wanted to review sample back within a certain time frame, and I happened to be really busy with family stuff, so I was a bit more limited than I would have liked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back