DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread
Aug 17, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #241 of 605
Seem like most of the talk is on FS. Does the FS+ starts shipping yet?

Aug 19, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #245 of 605
Regarding the crackle/popping sounds — Since it only seems to occur while you are actively using your phone/tablet, then chances are they're being generated by your audio sources, and not the cable or ZO. To be sure, could you please answer the following questions: 

1. What volume settings are you using on both your audio source and ZO?
  2. What app(s) are you using to playback music and what other apps do you have running in the background while listening? Are you using the phone's built-in NFC feature (or any other wireless features) to communicate to other devices or access cloud-based music libraries? 
  3. Have you tried putting your devices into airplane mode?

Hi, thanks for your reply, I'll try those steps later.

I do believe there is something wrong with the zofs, even without a source plugged into the amp I still hear noise and static, almost like interference, it's certainly not my earphones as I've tried two now, I hear nothing when connecting these direct to the source.

The other issue is if I plug in the input and just touch the other end of the cable I hear loud static noises, I never had this issue with the zo2, if I then go ahead and plug this into my source I'm hearing quite static and slight noise, the noise I could ignore but the static shouldnt be there.

I have just ordered another 3.5mm cable just to see if it help, I don't have high hopes as I've tried 3 already.

I can also confirm I have this issue as well:

"The first thing I notice before I get to playing music is a constant static hiss. The next thing is clicking noises any time you press the button. When an animation occurs, like switching to a different setting, you hear clicking during the whole thing. There also must be some kind of timer running, because there are two distinct clicks about every 3 seconds. Present with or without a source plugged in, and without any USB plugged in, it's definitely coming from the ZO."

Aug 20, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #248 of 605
  I pre ordered my zofs on June 29th.  I am still w/o it.  It is getting a little frustrating.

I feel your pain, same with me. And not many have mentioned they received their ZOfs, how many are they shipping per week, Five?, I don't know the background of this company but seems like a single guy working part time from his garage, imagine if the ZOfs turns having a defect, we will have to wait months to have them repaired :frowning2:.

Aug 21, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #249 of 605
I had excellent cust svc with my first purchase so im hangin in there. What these small companies need to realize is that when u slack in the communication dept and keep changing dates, it gives the impression that something is wrong... Which in turn erodes our confidence. Only takes two min to update the blog/thread.

Aug 21, 2014 at 6:26 AM Post #250 of 605
I imagine the delay is due to a software problem (that is now sorted out). I received mine and it sounds really excellent with my DT1350's, both in the sub bass and treble departments. It really is an enhancement on the Zo2. However now it won't boot up.....completely dead.

It's disappointing for sure but the customer service has been first class, I'm returning the unit for the software update to be completed and it'll be sent back to me (all postage at their cost).

I imagine they've been under immense pressure to get these shipped so I'm not totally surprised as it's a new product and may not have been 100% tested etc. The point is, they're making it right and I can't ask for more than that.

It's worth the wait.

Aug 21, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #251 of 605
  I imagine the delay is due to a software problem (that is now sorted out). I received mine and it sounds really excellent with my DT1350's, both in the sub bass and treble departments. It really is an enhancement on the Zo2. However now it won't boot up.....completely dead.

It's worth the wait.

Yep, been working with MizMoxie to diagnose it for the past week. There's at least one bug, maybe two. Until they confirm a fix, do not let your device get low on battery -- I'd charge it every 4hr or so of use.

If yours does happen to lock up, you can recover it. First plug it in to charge for a little bit -- the indicator won't flash but it seems to do something. Next, unplug it and get a 1.25mm (or .05" SAE) hex key to open it up. Disconnect the battery (you can flip the board out to get a good grip on it) to reset it and it should turn back on.

Aug 21, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #252 of 605
What is the software update for? can someone do a quick test for me? plug in your earphones to the ZOFS, plug one end of the source 3.5mm into the amp and just touch the other end of the cable, do you hear static/noise ?

Aug 22, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #253 of 605
For the next launch of a future product I'd suggest a beta-test period of smaller pool of users, that's a good way to ensure it works as intended plus you'd get feedback on it as different users tend to put it into different scenarios that may not necessarily have been the case in the lab.

Aug 22, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #254 of 605
You're right of course. We offered, at least I did via PM a few months ago.

So far I have had no issues but haven't used it much nor gotten the battery low. Which by the way seems like it has good life.

Aug 22, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #255 of 605

You had me going there with that build up and then boom!

Any comparisons between ZO2 and this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back