DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread
Feb 20, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #91 of 605
Fiio e11 user REALLY eager to check this thing out. Heard great things about the ZO2. 

Feb 20, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #92 of 605
  Fiio e11 user REALLY eager to check this thing out. Heard great things about the ZO2. 

The big question is whether it will honor the ZO 2 - that's a big question.  Much like M Audio's new headphone - will it honor the Q40? 

Wish they had allowed us some beta testing on this. 

Feb 20, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #93 of 605

The big question is whether it will honor the ZO 2 - that's a big question.  Much like M Audio's new headphone - will it honor the Q40? 

Wish they had allowed us some beta testing on this. 

How do you mean this? I'm curious.

Feb 20, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #94 of 605

How do you mean this? I'm curious.

Will the ZO3 be as good as the ZO2 is my point.  Just because it's made by Digizoid is no guarantee it will be as good.  That's all I'm saying.

Feb 20, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #95 of 605

Will the ZO3 be as good as the ZO2 is my point.  Just because it's made by Digizoid is no guarantee it will be as good.  That's all I'm saying.

Ohhh. I was confused by the "honor" verbiage, haha. Was wondering if there was some question that the ZO3 would be worth it.

I never know if it's worth waiting around for the next version when the current might be just fine. Then again, I have an e11, so heck, is there a reason to change away from it at all?

Feb 20, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #96 of 605
  Ohhh. I was confused by the "honor" verbiage, haha. Was wondering if there was some question that the ZO3 would be worth it.

I never know if it's worth waiting around for the next version when the current might be just fine. Then again, I have an e11, so heck, is there a reason to change away from it at all?

Honestly, I never loved the ZO standalone as an amp, but with it piggybacked with either the E11 or BK, it added such an amazing thump. 

Maybe I didn't give it enough time but just loved the double amp setup so much.

Feb 20, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #97 of 605

Honestly, I never loved the ZO standalone as an amp, but with it piggybacked with either the E11 or BK, it added such an amazing thump. 

Maybe I didn't give it enough time but just loved the double amp setup so much.

That seems... superfluous. Plugging an amp into an amp? I've never heard of doing that. Why not just get a more powerful amp? 

Feb 20, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #98 of 605
That seems... superfluous. Plugging an amp into an amp? I've never heard of doing that. Why not just get a more powerful amp? 

It's kind of like the ZO treated as a pre amp and the E11 as the amp. We preamp things all the time, why not portables? Same principle.

Reason for doing it was to get the amazing bass boost of the ZO. At the time a number of guys were doing it so I gave it a shot. Liked it and had no distortion so ran my portable setup that way for a few months. Then I found vintage amps, lost interest in portables (at the time was using a portable setup for my at home solution) as my home setup and the rest is history.

No single portable can have the punch of what I heard/felt back then with the ZO / E11 combo but the Arrow 3G is close. Very.

Anyway, I'm open minded to new ideas and enjoyed the quality of bass it gave.

Feb 21, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #99 of 605
ZO3 will probably be better in this regard, it's more powerful than ZO2.3 and this is a huge deal for ZO, if any amp benefits by better amping the ZO certainly does like the "double-ampers" have already noticed. The ZO2.1 was already louder than ZO2.3 and the difference is clear. The ZO2.1 provides even more solid bass, it's more punchy, harder impact. The quantity they add is pretty much the same in the different steps but the ZO2.1 certainly have a harder punch to it at the same level as ZO2.3. ZO3 should be probably even more powerful than ZO2.1 so this could be interesting.

Feb 21, 2014 at 8:30 AM Post #100 of 605
ZO3 will probably be better in this regard, it's more powerful than ZO2.3 and this is a huge deal for ZO, if any amp benefits by better amping the ZO certainly does like the "double-ampers" have already noticed. The ZO2.1 was already louder than ZO2.3 and the difference is clear. The ZO2.1 provides even more solid bass, it's more punchy, harder impact. The quantity they add is pretty much the same in the different steps but the ZO2.1 certainly have a harder punch to it at the same level as ZO2.3. ZO3 should be probably even more powerful than ZO2.1 so this could be interesting.

Now we wait............

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #101 of 605
Yes, was hoping for an update as well for ZO3. I may try and pick up a ZO 2.1 in the meantime but does anyone know the battery life cycle on these... 300-1000 cycles ?
Can the battery be removed and a new one inserted or are they pretty much sealed on production ?

Mar 2, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #104 of 605
If anyone has a ZO2.1 for sale let me know.... I may try one of those in the meantime.

Mar 21, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #105 of 605
Come on Digizoid...we need an updaaaaaate !
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back