Differences between Aune USB/DAC MK2 SE and Aune X-1
Jun 22, 2012 at 8:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jums

100+ Head-Fier
Hi there,

Looking to buy an amp/dac with usb input, and can also function as a dedicated amp from source e.g. zunehd. I narrowed a few down to the mk2, it being good value, functional and good sq, appearance. However, I recently stumbled upon the x-1 whilst browsing on eBay to purchase the mk2, they both are priced respectively at around £100, and both function as USB/DAC, so my query was what are the differences between the two? Does one work better in one department than the other? Is the x-1 the successor to the mk2 se? Which one should I go for to pair with fa-011? Are there things I have missed? Are there any newer, better products put there for a similar price e.g. yulong u100?

Cheers,
Jums

EDIT: since the Fa-011's dont need huge amounts of power for volume, but do benefit sonically from an amp, would it be a better idea to get a smaller portable amp, such as a d-zero/fiio e17, e10 than a full size amp/dac like the aune? i'm not going to be taking the fischer's out of the house regularly if at all where there isnt a power supply, but having something smaller may be better. This all depends on whether, for the same price, I can get something smaller without impacting on sound. So will a smaller amp/dac like the d-zero impact on sound? or will the size of a full size not be discouraging enough to warrant better sound?

DOUBLE EDIT
: also, does anyone know if I can access line-out capabilities from zunehd by using charger cable to the usb input on amp? otherwise, isnt the DAC function pretty redundant when using zune (not computer) if i cant use line-out capabilities? or does the zune have a good enough dac to just use the headphone out and use the aune/or whatever as just an amp? I use my zune about 70% of time listening to music, and the rest is solely the computer. since my soundcard is crappy, i'll need a dac/amp for that.

Jun 29, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #8 of 8
i thought that some of these product might perform okay for budget products, but really very underrated because popularity is low.
Buy one and write review here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back