Diesel VEKTR (by Monster)
Jul 20, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #31 of 46
Quote:
This came too!

IMO, these look much better!  If they sound alright, I may consider these and possibly the N-Tune (I'm into steampunk-inspired stuff).

But seriously, they need to chill with the idiot marketing speak.  None of these new cans have Dre's face on the package, so they need to get used to writing copy that makes a damned bit of sense.  Any more of this your "if your tongue could taste sound, you'll swallow whatever ******** we say" crap and I'll have to write them off.

Jul 20, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #32 of 46
These headphones still look like cheap plastic (Unlike the German Maestro or DBI 700 pro). It is really too much to ask Monster to improve the build quality of their headphones?

Jul 20, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #33 of 46
Quote:
It is really too much to ask Monster to improve the build quality of their headphones?

Hahaha!  LOL!!! 
biggrin.gif
  Yes, it is.

Sep 10, 2012 at 3:41 AM Post #35 of 46
Quote:
  1. Ultra performance folding headphone co-developed by Italian fashion designer, Diesel and Monster
  2. High-Def triangular cable for tangle free life
  3. Touring case provides secure protection for your ear gear while on the go
  4. Includes cleaning cloth with advanced Aegis Microbe Shield
  5. ControlTalk Universal for hands free control of your music and phone calls

I bet the cleaning cloth is fire resistant.

Sep 11, 2012 at 4:05 AM Post #37 of 46
Haha well I actually like the look of these and the beats (of which I have a pair that are in the process of selling) but after hearing much better cans i think ill pass:)

Sep 11, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #40 of 46
Another fashion accessory? cool. 

Jan 8, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #41 of 46
No review on diesel yet?

Jan 9, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #42 of 46
Just received and put on the Vektr. I'd like to hear other people's thoughts.

On a daily basis I use Triple.fi 10s and Ultrasone Ed.8s, I could try a comparison sometime if anyone is interested, but I'm not sure I'm qualified to write a comprehensive review.

Jan 9, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #43 of 46
Since sound is so subjective and dependant on listener,
I always prefer this method of comparison in description to guage where a headphone is at so yes any comparisons are welcome.
Also, are the headphones "louder" than normal?
This is the case with the monster DNA and I am assuming it is because of
Much lower impedance than usual 32ohms.

Jan 9, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #44 of 46
I have only spent a few hours with them, but I can make a few initial comments.

1. These are the only headphones I've ever turned on EQ in order to turn the bass DOWN. I prefer a slight V, or to have my Fiio on bass boost 1. But with these I turned the bass on the Fiio off and also turned on EQ in VLC in order to only tone down the low end.
  2. They have lower impedance than the Ed.8s. My Fiio set to 20 is about the max comfortable listening level with the Vektrs, with the Ed.8s it's significantly less loud... about my average long session listening level.
  3. They're comfortable for the most part, but the on-ear style combined with the decent clamp force gives me the sensation my ears are popping. You can literally hear/feel the popping sensation when you pull them off your ear, I suppose that's the drawback to getting a good seal, I wonder if other on-ear phones have similar issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back