Did or Will You Recable Your Headphones?
Jun 3, 2006 at 11:55 PM Post #16 of 35
I'm not sure if you can call it recabling, but I swapped the cables on my HD-650. I also recabled an old pair of Pioneer headphones when I was younger, and more recently did my Triport.

Jun 4, 2006 at 1:15 AM Post #18 of 35
It is not proper that this interesting for all of us Poll
was moved from Headphones Forum to this Forum.

When someone starts a thread in the Headphones Forum, e.g.
"Cardas or Equinox cables for my DT880s"
such a thread is never moved to this Forum (Cables/Tweaks, ...).

I suggest that this Poll should be moved back to where it belongs.

Adam
biggrin.gif

Jun 4, 2006 at 1:48 AM Post #19 of 35
I miss the "I won't recable unless the stock cable breaks" option...

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Jun 4, 2006 at 1:51 AM Post #20 of 35
Does reterminating a single ended four cord cable to a balanced configuration count?

Jun 4, 2006 at 4:29 AM Post #21 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser
Does reterminating a single ended four cord cable to a balanced configuration count?

Of course not, silly - that's just replugging!
wink.gif

Grinnings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Jun 4, 2006 at 12:09 PM Post #22 of 35
I only recabled my K1000. I went from stock -> Stefan AudioArt Hardwired -> Nordost Solar Wind -> Nordost Valkyrja

Each cable made a huge improvement, especially Nordost. I'm surprised nobody else tried them.

Jun 4, 2006 at 7:31 PM Post #24 of 35
If the CD3000 can be improved upon a lot, then yes. But I don't think that I would replace it unless the stock cable breaks for some reason, because I'm happy as hell as it is.

Jun 6, 2006 at 11:35 PM Post #26 of 35
Well, my stock cable broke (for HD 600) so I thought I might as well replace it with a premium cable (I got the new Cardas). I actually ordered a HD 650 cable from the sennheiserusa website at the same time I got the Cardas, sennheiser still hasn't charged me for the cable nor processed my order. It's been 2 months and still no HD650 cable from sennheiser. I hope they just cancel my order cause I don't want it anymore...

Jun 6, 2006 at 11:49 PM Post #27 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by geforcewong
Well, my stock cable broke (for HD 600) so I thought I might as well replace it with a premium cable (I got the new Cardas). I actually ordered a HD 650 cable from the sennheiserusa website at the same time I got the Cardas, sennheiser still hasn't charged me for the cable nor processed my order. It's been 2 months and still no HD650 cable from sennheiser. I hope they just cancel my order cause I don't want it anymore...

u can just call them now and ask for the cancellation..

Jun 7, 2006 at 5:24 AM Post #29 of 35
I voted "no" because I assume this poll is for those who recable as a tweak.

However, I will recable if a cable is damaged. Also, I play to put a different cable on the HD-650. Not as a tweak, but so I can drive them balanced. Might do that with a few other cans, too.

Jun 9, 2006 at 12:22 AM Post #30 of 35
If this Poll was left in the Headphones Forum
where I started it, I am almost sure that the 'No' option would have been winning!
One little 'manipulation' and you can change the results of ANY poll!
Isn't this something? As an experiment you could put it back and see what happens!?

The location of this Poll is 'invisible' to a regular Head-Fi'er.
I, myself, never come to this Cables ... Forum.

Adam
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back