Did or Will You Recable Your Headphones?
Jun 3, 2006 at 10:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35
I don't know whether it was, but it might be
interesting to see what percentage of owners of high-end cans
have recabled or will be recable their cans in the near future with the help of experts,
e.g. diy'ers, HeadRoom, .... or by yourself.

If you recabled in the past or recable in the near future at least one of your headphones vote 'Yes'.
If you own several high-end and/or low-end cans, and you have recabled just one of them, vote 'Yes'.

I you haven't recabled and you don't plan to recable your cans vote 'No'.

If you are not sure whether you will recable any of your cans in the near future vote 'I'm not sure'.

Also if you own headphones which are all, say, under $50, click on 'My cans aren't suitable for recabling'.

Anonymous and Confidential!

Adam
580smile.gif

Jun 3, 2006 at 10:23 PM Post #3 of 35
I have no plans to recable at all. Spending on source upgrades, speaker setup and gettign further into vintage, esoteric, homemade and other electrostatic headphones negate the possibility entirely. Besides, the only headphones I have worth doign it to are my HD650 and im already very happy with how they sound.

Jun 3, 2006 at 10:24 PM Post #4 of 35
Cans aren't worth re-cabling (for the most part) unless you're using a pretty high-end system, otheriwse the difference isn't very noticeable. It's just like buying expensive audio cables.

Jun 3, 2006 at 10:32 PM Post #8 of 35
i have "recabled" lots of stuffs.

grado rs-2.
akg k-340
although i did not recable them, my k-1000's are recabled.
senheizer hd-595
all sorts of fun phones...

the stock cable is typpically good for catching under a rolly-chair-wheel, and destroying. even if you dont do it by accident.

Jun 3, 2006 at 10:51 PM Post #10 of 35
I broke the plug on my AKG 81 djs so I recabled them with a half decent 3.5 to RCA cable. I shortened the length to about 50 cm so It could be used with my remote (cowon X5)

Jun 3, 2006 at 10:58 PM Post #11 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by rodbac
I won't sht on the thread, but I need to ask:

Is the "Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)" invisible to some people, or is it just not very popular so few know it exists?

I think this thread could actually go in either the "cables" or the "headphones" forums, but I've moved it for you.

Jun 3, 2006 at 11:41 PM Post #13 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
Cans aren't worth re-cabling (for the most part) unless you're using a pretty high-end system, otheriwse the difference isn't very noticeable. It's just like buying expensive audio cables.

Can I just sign this statement as if I wrote it? huh? please?

Jun 3, 2006 at 11:47 PM Post #15 of 35
I will probably look for a premium cable for my HD600s in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back