did I just buy a pair of fake monster turbine pro coppers?
Sep 14, 2010 at 5:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

buffalowings

Went way too far, too many times.
received my monster pro turbine coppers today in the mail, when I opened it up, I found two packs of supertips, one containing the gel super tips and the other containing either the foam eartips or the standard eartips (without gel) anywho, is this right? I also found the adapter packaged in a rather short piece of foam taped around the shiny gunmetal part, but just long enough to cover the gunmetal only. everything else checks out though, the adapter, the length of the entire cable plus the earbuds, the size of the serial number, the fine details on the box (thinner shadows, smaller fonts etc etc) note: I bought them from onecall.com, an authorized dealer for monster, do I have anything to fear?

james

Sep 14, 2010 at 5:57 PM Post #3 of 12
that's what I am comparing mine to, in the pic with the eartips, he only shows one pack of supertips while I received two (though they contained different eartips)

James

Sep 14, 2010 at 6:01 PM Post #4 of 12
well, I'm going to believe I got a different batch from others, but if anybody knows othewise, please tell me!

Sep 14, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #7 of 12
the headphones are too small to take a detailed picture of, especially with my old digital camera, the box as well, everything checks out, except for two packs of supertips instead of one, and the rather sparse foam padding for the adapter

james

Sep 14, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #8 of 12
If you bought them from onecall, fear not! I have heard some minor rumblings of fake Turbine Pros here and there, but nothing concrete as of yet. I'm not even 100% sure that fake Pros even exist yet. Honestly.

Sep 14, 2010 at 7:11 PM Post #9 of 12

Quote:
If you bought them from onecall, fear not! I have heard some minor rumblings of fake Turbine Pros here and there, but nothing concrete as of yet. I'm not even 100% sure that fake Pros even exist yet. Honestly.

Look at post #2.

Sep 14, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #10 of 12

Quote:
Look at post #2.

Damn lol. Thanks man. Disregard the second half of post number 8. Are the MD's still safe? Jesus christ, that's the only thing about Monster IEMs (or any big name popular headphone really) beware of fakes. A fake pair of Beats Tour IEMs is what got me started on my head-fi adventure. If they hadn't been fake, I probably would've convinced myself and others that they were the greatest phones on earth and still be rocking them, just ignorant and happy as could be. But, since they were fake, I got my $$ back and bought some Pro Golds from onecall. Best thing I ever did. Then I came to head-fi to read about them. Then I got hooked and went a little crazy in the FS forums. That's how this whole thing got started for me. Buying that fake pair of Beats Tours set me on the path of righteousness!

Nov 6, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #12 of 12

Quote:
received my monster pro turbine coppers today in the mail, when I opened it up, I found two packs of supertips, one containing the gel super tips and the other containing either the foam eartips or the standard eartips (without gel) anywho, is this right? I also found the adapter packaged in a rather short piece of foam taped around the shiny gunmetal part, but just long enough to cover the gunmetal only. everything else checks out though, the adapter, the length of the entire cable plus the earbuds, the size of the serial number, the fine details on the box (thinner shadows, smaller fonts etc etc) note: I bought them from onecall.com, an authorized dealer for monster, do I have anything to fear?

james

That's what you should have received.  I wouldn't worry about about buying them from OneCall, I'd be more concerned on E-Bay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back