Did I experience crossfeed today?
Jun 9, 2011 at 2:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Marximus

Headphoneus Supremus
I was listening to music today, and switching between my stereo receiver and my headphone amp.  In the course of switching, I switched the right and left RCA cables and put the white on red and red on white of the RCA-to-mini adapter.  I didn't really notice it until I heard certain songs, and I noticed some incredible instrument separation.  Drum beats that were usually in the back and coming through left and right channels equally were super segregated, and some songs sounded as though the musicians were behind me, instead of in front.  I started to suspect something was up when I heard music that was supposed to come through only one channel coming through the opposite channel.  I found the issue and put it back normally, but those couple hours were simultaneously incredibly exciting and freaky.  Does crossfeed do something similar (without screwing up the channels)?  That is, does it increase instrument separation and I guess what you call imaging?  I've been interested in a Headroom amp because of its crossfeed switch.  Does it do something to that effect?

Jun 9, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #2 of 2
I think that crosfeed partially "blends" the channels together to imitate the sound of speakers.you reversed the channels so the soundstage was the exact opposite,so U didnt really experienced crossfeed(whitch only helps witch certain music which has INSANE stereo seperation)
btw are you still enjoying your HD518?Cuz I Do

Users who are viewing this thread

Back