Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Feb 12, 2024 at 6:25 AM Post #7,036 of 7,443
I never got impressed by M15 sound when paired with any high end headphones. Not even with easy to drive Meze Elite.

For IEM, it is an excellent device for the price (and size) though.
I have the same conclusion. I have the M15 but only use it for IEM. It is for convenience being that this dongle is small. I have mentioned this before. The MR scales up really well. The MR imho actually needs more power if it is to perform to its potential. Sure the M15 can power it up. My Sony WM1AM2 can power it up better. But it will not sound as good as a stand alone amp and dac. I remember seeing ABYSS in their video claiming to power the MR up with the Apple dongle. Sure it probably will. But imho it will be an injustice to the MRs potential

Feb 15, 2024 at 12:24 PM Post #7,038 of 7,443
Diana TC’s have landed! Interested to compare them to my MRs.

Feb 15, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #7,039 of 7,443
Deleted… <_<

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2024 at 10:14 PM Post #7,040 of 7,443
Diana TC’s have landed! Interested to compare them to my MRs.

The TC’s bass is so unbelievably tactile and textured and they’re super detailed overall, but MAN are vocals forward on this set.

Feb 15, 2024 at 10:20 PM Post #7,041 of 7,443
Feb 15, 2024 at 10:24 PM Post #7,042 of 7,443
Too beaucoup?
I’m trying to decide.. maybe a tad too much. I have the Dekoni pads coming in which are supposed to even out the sound a bit. We will see. It’s funny cause the vocals are one of the things I really like about these, but they are just so in your face.

Feb 15, 2024 at 10:26 PM Post #7,043 of 7,443
I’m trying to decide.. maybe a tad too much. I have the Dekoni pads coming in which are supposed to even out the sound a bit. We will see. It’s funny cause the vocals are one of the things I really like about these, but they are just so in your face.
Maybe give a pair of the vegan pads a try (I saw one up for sale in the classifieds), they definitely mellow out the top end just a bit.

Feb 15, 2024 at 10:30 PM Post #7,044 of 7,443
Maybe give a pair of the vegan pads a try (I saw one up for sale in the classifieds), they definitely mellow out the top end just a bit.
I’ve been using the vegan bass ported. I’ll try the regular ones tomorrow.

Feb 17, 2024 at 5:00 AM Post #7,045 of 7,443
So. I'm looking for an end game open back headphone to compliment my Denon d9200's. I'm pretty sure that I am leaning towards a set of Diana's but I'm not sure which version would be best for me ! I do love bright and open with good bass but realise that the Diana's will be a completely different sound to dynamic headphones.
I have read so much about the Diana's and intend to audition some of the different versions in the next few weeks which I am really looking forward to.
Does anyone else have the Denon d9200's and also a set of Diana's that they think have a similar sound ?
I absolutely love the d9200's and think they are so underrated in the headphone world but I just want to have a high end open back to compliment them and have a different perspective to my listening.
I will be pairing them with a Violectric V380 mk2 running Qobuz from a macbook air m1 and a self build fanless windows computer.

Feb 17, 2024 at 11:07 AM Post #7,046 of 7,443
So. I'm looking for an end game open back headphone to compliment my Denon d9200's. I'm pretty sure that I am leaning towards a set of Diana's but I'm not sure which version would be best for me ! I do love bright and open with good bass but realise that the Diana's will be a completely different sound to dynamic headphones.
I have read so much about the Diana's and intend to audition some of the different versions in the next few weeks which I am really looking forward to.
Does anyone else have the Denon d9200's and also a set of Diana's that they think have a similar sound ?
I absolutely love the d9200's and think they are so underrated in the headphone world but I just want to have a high end open back to compliment them and have a different perspective to my listening.
I will be pairing them with a Violectric V380 mk2 running Qobuz from a macbook air m1 and a self build fanless windows computer.
I can't speak to the complementary nature when compared to the Denons, but I just wanted to throw my experience out there. I ordered both the Diana MR and the Empyrean II to trial against one another and ended up deciding - fairly quickly - that the Empys were far more enjoyable for me personally. Biggest reasons were comfort and soundstage. My head and the MR didn't jive well, and the MR - while very great with detail retrieval and an absolute monster at displaying lead guitar - sounded much more intimate to me. Not necessarily claustrophobic, but it was immediately obvious how much more "grand" and spacious everything sounded with the Empy. Just my 2 cents though and other folks' mileage may vary :)

If you pick them up I look forward to hearing your impressions!

Feb 17, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #7,047 of 7,443
I’ve been using the vegan bass ported. I’ll try the regular ones tomorrow.
Well, after becoming accustomed to the sound of the TCs, the reservations I had about it are gone. What a fantastic pair of headphones, absolutely love them! I think I may prefer the sound of the regular vegan pads to the bass ported, at least for some stuff. Great cans!

Feb 17, 2024 at 11:16 AM Post #7,048 of 7,443
Well, after becoming accustomed to the sound of the TCs, the reservations I had about it are gone. What a fantastic pair of headphones, absolutely love them! I think I may prefer the sound of the regular vegan pads to the bass ported, at least for some stuff. Great cans!
I think I'm a much bigger believer in brain burn-in as opposed to gear burn-in! :o2smile:

Feb 17, 2024 at 11:20 AM Post #7,049 of 7,443
I think I'm a much bigger believer in brain burn-in as opposed to gear burn-in! :o2smile:
Same here. They just clicked for me last night while listening to some Agalloch and Sade. 🤩

Feb 19, 2024 at 9:07 PM Post #7,050 of 7,443
IMG_1678.jpeg

Trying out my Dianas with the Woo Wa7 gen 3. My TCs sounded surprisingly good on it, but the bass was blown out and lost a lot of that beautiful texture that I love so much. The MRs are getting along just fine though. 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back