Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Aug 22, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #4,291 of 7,332
on the diana v2 (and prob phi) i was able to get a more enjoyable sound by using something to create a 1/8-3/16" gap between the pad and the cup, held in place by the pads magnetic connection, on the bottom of the pad next to the magnet.

i had used the edge of a rubber "foot" i had laying around. i posted pics earlier in the thread.

gives a little warmer sound and better soundstage to my ears.

Aug 22, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #4,292 of 7,332
on the diana v2 (and prob phi) i was able to get a more enjoyable sound by using something to create a 1/8-3/16" gap between the pad and the cup, held in place by the pads magnetic connection, on the bottom of the pad next to the magnet.

i had used the edge of a rubber "foot" i had laying around. i posted pics earlier in the thread.

gives a little warmer sound and better soundstage to my ears.
I believe that's because you broke the seal.

Aug 23, 2021 at 1:40 AM Post #4,293 of 7,332
Aug 23, 2021 at 1:54 AM Post #4,294 of 7,332
I have similar issue on my V2 right driver. How is it going with support?
I just got an email back from them with an RA form, I'm going to send them in for repair. I suggest you do the same if you're near certain you have an issue. Best of luck!

Aug 24, 2021 at 1:33 AM Post #4,295 of 7,332
After much research on this thread n Abyss’s youtube (amp) recommendation, i finally bought the GSX mini and Diana v2 to pair up! Initial impression - blown away by their synergy.

Had an audition between Diana Phi n V2 before finally deciding on V2. Both are great but sound different in presentation.

Attachments

• 45605093-B49B-452A-87A2-F4BD44CFA71F.jpeg
    45605093-B49B-452A-87A2-F4BD44CFA71F.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Aug 24, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #4,296 of 7,332
After much research on this thread n Abyss’s youtube (amp) recommendation, i finally bought the GSX mini and Diana v2 to pair up! Initial impression - blown away by their synergy.

Had an audition between Diana Phi n V2 before finally deciding on V2. Both are great but sound different in presentation.
Nice! i had that same color GSX, but matched with the Phi. :)

Aug 24, 2021 at 2:34 AM Post #4,298 of 7,332

Ugh. Now I have to buy a gsx mini :frowning2:

Aug 24, 2021 at 2:35 AM Post #4,299 of 7,332
Satin Black looks amazing in real life than in photographs. I only have one complaint - which is the heat from GSX mini, it is quite warm.
that was quite a given here as I had it during winter. :)

Aug 24, 2021 at 3:30 AM Post #4,300 of 7,332

Nice, I see yours is fresh with new updates. I especially like the grain on the headband leather they're using now.

I was heavily considering the GSX Mini for my Diana as well but found an XI Broadway on the classifieds instead.
Im still interested in trying out the Mini to compare the tonality vs the Broadway.
The guys at Abyss mentioned the Broadway having more bass extension but Eric uses the Mini personally.

Congrats though, Im planning on sticking to my Diana (or at least an Abyss) for the long run.

Aug 24, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #4,301 of 7,332

Great matching set up!

Aug 24, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #4,302 of 7,332

How are you finding the new leathers, comfort wise?

Aug 24, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #4,304 of 7,332
Are the pads of your Diana Phi's quite loose, and easy to knock off when being handled? Coming from the AB1266 which clamped the pads with near-excessive force, its slightly annoying when they drop off the Phis. Not exactly a deal-breaking issue though :)

Aug 24, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #4,305 of 7,332
Are the pads of your Diana Phi's quite loose, and easy to knock off when being handled? Coming from the AB1266 which clamped the pads with near-excessive force, its slightly annoying when they drop off the Phis. Not exactly a deal-breaking issue though :)
For the short time I had mine before I shipped them off to be repaired they were very strong magnets, I had to pull with considerable force to get them off. I think you should look into (possibly?) replacing your pads if they're old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back