Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Apr 12, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #1,786 of 7,422
Your subjective impression on fit of Diana is stale. The Diana series have undergone continuous evolution toward a more universal fit. Current stock Diana V2 and Diana Phi fit appreciation out of the box is in the high 90 percentile range, better than most any other headphone. For the 1 or 2% of customers who have head shapes or sensitivities outside this, we have solutions.
Other than comfort, soundwise i didnt like the Phi when i got it few months ago , but now i am interested in the V2 with the DMS mod and i would love to see what improvement other than the new pads you have done , also is there any plans to improve the 1266 design ?

+ is there new padding in the headband of the V2 ?

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #1,787 of 7,422
I have purchased a Diana (non-Phi) as I want a slightly warm neutral sound signature. I am not confident in the sound staging of the Diana however, some reports quite wide and others very narrow.

Buying expensive headphones blind, can end in a disappointing outcome.

Time will tell.

sound stage is very wide, not as wide as the TC but as wide as or wider than the susvara

Apr 12, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #1,788 of 7,422
I have a v2 going thru a Rme Adi-2 DAC and Phonitor E. I find the soundstage pretty wide. Not as wide as my HD800 but to be fair thats what the Senns are known for.

As far as comfort I personally don't have an issue. I find them great whether I'm listening to music, gaming or watching a movie.

I bought them without hearing them due to no place in Vancouver having them to demo. I had a good idea of what to expect and wasn't disappointed when I did recieve them. They are amazing and compliment the music. Truly a fun pair of cans.

Just my 2 cents.

Apr 12, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #1,790 of 7,422
Thanks yagislav and dRnRcR for your replies regarding Diana soundstage. I will have Diana in the house in the next few days and am looking forward to listening to a new top end headphone. I have owned and listened to a lot of headphones over the years and the "improvements" with the higher tiered headphones are often very marginal, more often it is different flavour (sound signature) as opposed to technical gains. Sometimes it is an improvement in one area and a compromise in another. I have a few headphones that I am satisfied with now, (fill specific roles) however I was lacking a spacious open headphone for those times when it is practical to use one. I am hoping that the Diana fills this gap and provides a listening experience at an appropriate level of technical capability without losing that fun/engaging factor which is so important. Enjoying the music is what it is all about.

Apr 12, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #1,792 of 7,422
The DMS Mod earpad help with the pressure above the ears. I can find that I do get a hotspot on the top of my head. I do think its getting better with more wear and use though. It's a non issue.
you say that it's a "non issue" now, but it must have been an issue for you if you needed to employ the "dms mod" (whatever that is) in order to alleviate the pressure that you were feeling above your ears

Apr 12, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #1,793 of 7,422
Do you find it necessary to keep repeating the same thing over and over. We get it, the Diana wasn't comfortable for you, move on.

Apr 12, 2020 at 10:49 PM Post #1,794 of 7,422
Do you find it necessary to keep repeating the same thing over and over. We get it, the Diana wasn't comfortable for you, move on.
i don't find it necessary but i think that it's a point worth repeating for folks who are interested in this headphone, particularly if they are considering purchasing it without an audition. i'm not the only one who has posted about this issue here, which i regard as a design flaw in a headphone that i otherwise admire. i hope you enjoy yours and i'll move on at a time of my choosing, thanks

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2020 at 11:03 PM Post #1,795 of 7,422
Troll on.

Apr 12, 2020 at 11:04 PM Post #1,796 of 7,422
some find it comfortable some do not...some find the lcd-4 too heavy some do not...some think the 1266 TC is a torture device others like me find it surprisingly comfortable and easy to wear...all subjective

Apr 12, 2020 at 11:23 PM Post #1,798 of 7,422
I'll use the ignore button at a time of my choosing, thanks.

Apr 12, 2020 at 11:48 PM Post #1,800 of 7,422
you say that it's a "non issue" now, but it must have been an issue for you if you needed to employ the "dms mod" (whatever that is) in order to alleviate the pressure that you were feeling above your ears
Just to clear this up, I actually got the DMS earpad because it was reported by many users here that it gave added bass due to the shape and fitment of these modded earpads. I didnt have a problem with fitment before, I wanted a bit more bass. But after I received it and used it for a few weeks, and swapping back to the stock pads, I find there is more bass with the stock pads contrary to what people were saying.
I mentioned that a few pages back to give my insight to other Diana v2 users.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back