Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Apr 7, 2024 at 4:36 PM Post #7,262 of 7,405
Apr 7, 2024 at 8:09 PM Post #7,265 of 7,405
Is Diana TC most similar to 1266 in sound presentation?
the DTC is the same driver only smaller...obviously due to size the bass on the 1266 is more prominent and the soundstage is wider but as mentioned the DTC is smaller and easier and more comfortable...tradeoffs lol

Apr 7, 2024 at 8:10 PM Post #7,266 of 7,405
i owned the 1266 TC and sold it because of weight/comfort and purchased the DTC -- no regrets.
I did as well and then switched back, the 1266 was too good to do without for me...I did love the DTC

Apr 12, 2024 at 10:31 PM Post #7,269 of 7,405
Soon-to-be Diana MR owner checking in! Planning to replace my Utopia 22.
Why replace? Just compliment. They can definitely coexist.

Apr 13, 2024 at 12:32 AM Post #7,271 of 7,405
I’d love that luxury, but I can’t afford to have them both at the same time.
did acquiring the susvara influence your decision to offload the nutopia? and will you have those and the diana mr around at the same time to compare?

Apr 13, 2024 at 12:43 AM Post #7,272 of 7,405
did acquiring the susvara influence your decision to offload the nutopia? and will you have those and the diana mr around at the same time to compare?
The Susvara is gone. I have learned that one needs to spent at least $5-10k+ in DAC/Amp equipment in order to truly appreciate Susvara the way it’s meant to be. Anything below that is a disservice and, frankly, a waste.

So, no, Susvara wasn’t part of my decision. But listening to the Diana MR gave me a sound that was on par with Utopia in detail but gave the enjoyability of the Susvara, and didn’t require a literal power plant to drive.

Apr 13, 2024 at 1:02 AM Post #7,273 of 7,405
The Susvara is gone. I have learned that one needs to spent at least $5-10k+ in DAC/Amp equipment in order to truly appreciate Susvara the way it’s meant to be. Anything below that is a disservice and, frankly, a waste.

So, no, Susvara wasn’t part of my decision. But listening to the Diana MR gave me a sound that was on par with Utopia in detail but gave the enjoyability of the Susvara, and didn’t require a literal power plant to drive.
glad you found a can that suits your preferences. as for the susvara, well i appreciated it paired with a burson conductor 3x grand tourer. maybe i'm just easily pleased. :relaxed:

Apr 13, 2024 at 1:06 AM Post #7,274 of 7,405
glad you found a can that suits your preferences. as for the susvara, well i appreciated it paired with a burson conductor 3x grand tourer. maybe i'm just easily pleased. :relaxed:
This is an ever-evolving hobby! I think I will end up with the Susvara at some point again, and I’ll definitely try it with the Burson C3XGT 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back