Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Apr 13, 2024 at 3:06 PM Post #7,276 of 7,340
I'm looking to swap a new pair of suede bass ported pads for regular suede pads. I'm based in Europe. Pm me if you're interested :)
Do you think the ported vegan are "too much" of thick sound?

Apr 14, 2024 at 11:33 AM Post #7,278 of 7,340
My kitchen scale says the MR weighs 424 grams. Are the declared 360 without pads?
Quite light anyway, for a full size planar.

Apr 15, 2024 at 8:45 AM Post #7,280 of 7,340
Hello, anyone here have both the Diana MR and TC? The used TC price already close to brand new MR right now and i wonder is the TC an overall better headphone than MR or they just complement each other?

Apr 15, 2024 at 8:49 AM Post #7,281 of 7,340
Hello, anyone here have both the Diana MR and TC? The used TC price already close to brand new MR right now and i wonder is the TC an overall better headphone than MR or they just complement each other?
TC is vastly superior both technically and tonally, for me. It scales like mad if you upgrade amps too. MR won't scale quite so high but it's a wonderful headphone.

I found the treble a little bright, but it's certainly less fatiguing overall than TC, as TC is a very detailed headphone. MR has a darker, warmer signature and that's what a lot of people latch onto with MR, because it's quite different from the rest of Abyss lineup. However, MR also has fantastic resolution, imo.

For me, TC is a flagship headphone. MR isn't quite there overall.

Hope that helps.

Apr 15, 2024 at 8:50 AM Post #7,282 of 7,340
Do you think the ported vegan are "too much" of thick sound?
Not at all, IMO (and they more than make up for it in comfort, especially if you wear glasses).

Apr 15, 2024 at 12:22 PM Post #7,284 of 7,340
TC is vastly superior both technically and tonally, for me. It scales like mad if you upgrade amps too. MR won't scale quite so high but it's a wonderful headphone.

I found the treble a little bright, but it's certainly less fatiguing overall than TC, as TC is a very detailed headphone. MR has a darker, warmer signature and that's what a lot of people latch onto with MR, because it's quite different from the rest of Abyss lineup. However, MR also has fantastic resolution, imo.

For me, TC is a flagship headphone. MR isn't quite there overall.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the impression, the thing is currently i dont have a high end amp to drive the TC, at my current state i can only get portable/transportable option. So is tc still the right option?

Apr 15, 2024 at 3:07 PM Post #7,286 of 7,340
How do the Superconductor cables sound compared to stock? I wonder if it justifies a $1,000 price difference?
I own Diana V2, Phi, and TC along with a SC cable In my opinion, the SC cable is a must-have for the TC and Phi. Versus the stock cable, the SC cable provides greater resolution, deeper bass, improved sound stage, and imaging. These improvements are slight but very noticeable as a whole. For me the SC cable was worth the purchase.
But, with the V2 the difference is minimal. In fact, I prefer the stock cable on the V2.
I have not heard the MR so I can't comment on any possible improvements.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 12:39 AM Post #7,287 of 7,340
I was trying to decide, so I listened to both at Canjam. TC technicalities are spectacular, but I couldn't listen to more than one song on them. The treble is too much for me. I personally had to get vegan pads for even the MR treble to settle down for my ears. I Love The MR and I've listened to all the Diana models.

Apr 16, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #7,290 of 7,340

Users who are viewing this thread

Back