Diana Krall Hater's Club
Feb 17, 2009 at 8:15 AM Post #46 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by Signal2Noise /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dunno...she's fairly hawt.

The only thing I don't like about Krall is a number of years ago I attended her concert. I swear the whole set was maybe about 40 minutes long. Tix were roughly $60 CDN a pop at the time. We felt extremely ripped off. But we were sixth row on the floor from the stage and she did look hawt.
smily_headphones1.gif

Elvis played a concert in Sydney in the seventies. Evidently his set only lasted 30 minutes. I arrived at the now demolished theatre in George St shortly afterwards and the place had been throughly trashed by rightly disgruntled fans.

Great way to treat your fans Costello/Krall family.

Feb 17, 2009 at 8:23 AM Post #47 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by leveller1642 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Elvis played a concert in Sydney in the seventies. Evidently his set only lasted 30 minutes. I arrived at the now demolished theatre in George St shortly afterwards and the place had been throughly trashed by rightly disgruntled fans.

Great way to treat your fans Costello/Krall family.

Sounds like you got lucky twice in a row.
wink.gif

Feb 17, 2009 at 8:42 AM Post #48 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No hate here. Not my favorite, but I have several of her albums and quite enjoy them. Now Celine Dion, that's anther matter altogether.

LOL

Feb 17, 2009 at 8:44 AM Post #49 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the point of this club was to hate a musician, not to mock someone for attempting to be a musician
wink_face.gif

LMAO

...I guess I should add something constructive here too... I like Krall. She puts on a good concert, and some of the songs leave me hanging on every breath. Particularly her rendition of "A Case of You". It's pretty spectacular on Live in Paris, but actually live... WOW!

BTW, as with many commercially successful artists, you don't really get to hear them play unless you go to the concerts. She has some serious piano chops!

Feb 17, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #50 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like Krall.

Dude - why come here and poop in the clubhouse? There is another sucky club around here for DK lovers - and they are having a love-in...over here I've got this track on repeat - we're drinking malt liquor - doing speed the air is thick with ganja and my red eyes are illuminating the darkness! YouTube - Public Image: Careering

Feb 17, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #51 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by rocker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Who wants to join the club
cool.gif
?

I do. I'll take Dinah Washington and Billie Holiday over Diana Krall any day. I don't see what her and Elvis Costello have in common music wise so I guess it was all about the sex.

Feb 18, 2009 at 5:23 AM Post #54 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by rocker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HEY! This is a hater's only club - welcome to Neil from the Young Ones!
"I won't say anything because no one ever listens to me anyway! I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record!"

"A Thousand Kisses Deep" is one of my all time favs as far as Cohen goes. Back in the day before wife and several kids....my Sonus Fabers used to do Diana's voice credit. Now the Fabers are gone and so is Diana, replaced with the likes of Jill Scott and Renee Olstead.

Feb 18, 2009 at 3:38 PM Post #57 of 144
I'm in.

Diana Krall
Jazzy, subtle.
BUT.
Lifeless, soulless and emotionless.
I just can't feel anything she sings.
Especially for the genre she chose to expand her music in.

She's just too contemporary to even consider as something to pick up from the "Jazz" section of a music store.

Feb 18, 2009 at 4:25 PM Post #58 of 144
i wanna make a 'Norah Jones' music haters club.

she is a good singer..her voice is amazing...but man..the music in itself put me to sleep..i didnt enjoy it...

i thot it ll grow over me..but man no.

she should try different genres ..her voice is so feminine..i had goosebumps

i love hearing her voice.

Feb 18, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #59 of 144
As we say in Britain - Like watching paint dry. No surprises and tedious to the end. Loved by the middle class masses who like to feel smug about their worthiness, as they leave a copy of her latest borefest laying around to 'impress' friends at yet another soiree. I do tend to see her name banded around a lot here by those reviewing hardware. Just about says it all really, i.e. the production is more memorable than the musical content

Feb 18, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #60 of 144
Jazz stuff relies on a lot of low level subtle details. I hated the whole thing until moving from dynamic to electrostatics. Now I can't get enough of it.

I can see why people will prefer Ella/Nina/ etc, they have a more impressive voice and can grab attention faster. But I somehow don't like their music (the music itself). Their stuff probably sounds better from more generic equipment, just like pop stuff are great playing on car radios (or even boom boxes). So before you hate Krall so much, try it with another rig and see. The speakers on your TV will not do any music justice (well, except may be country music).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back