Diana Krall Hater's Club
Feb 20, 2009 at 12:28 PM Post #76 of 144
See, I rather like Krall. I'm not completely over the moon about her, but I don't think she's bad.

The thing is, I also love the other types of jazz (and most music for that matter), but stuff like Krall and Norah Jones are more listenable to me more of the time compared to older jazz, especially after work/uni when I just want to relax and not have to think about the music I'm listening to constantly. Yes, some of it does get repetitive, but then rock hasn't really been that innovative in recent times now has it? Its very difficult these days to be creative since something you've thought of is probably done and out there already.

Is it seriously worth starting a thread to say you hate something though? If you don't like it, don't listen to it. Maybe I should start a thread saying I hate the Westone 3 because I auditioned it against my IE8 and didn't like it. I studied music theory and that other related rubbish during my piano studies, and it annoys the absolute crap out of me every time people try and dissect music from every angle and talk bollocks to sound sophisticated. This is why I don't read album reviews; I just find tracks by a certain artist, listen to it, and either move on with my life or dig deeper and find more related tracks. Music was never meant to be something complicated and analytical; It was meant to be enjoyed, not dissected like a lab rat. You either like it or hate it, and move on to something else. Analyzing audio equipment, on the other hand, is completely different. Its like somebody buying a beautiful, rare Ferrari, but rather than drive it and enjoy it (which is what it was designed for), they simply leave it parked in a garage and talk to friends and families ABOUT the car, but never use it for its true purpose. Enzo Ferrari would be turning in his grave.

I feel better now having vented that and got it out of my system.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 20, 2009 at 1:23 PM Post #78 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, c'mon. Don't be a player hater.

Who Do You Think You Are?
icon10.gif

Player? I see, you're... Living A Little, Laughing A Little.

Instead of player, I think you mean... Goon Squad! Watch Your Step. Clowntime Is Over. Do You Know What I'm Saying? I Hope You're Happy Now.

Quote:

Be a hater, hater.

I think they're... Too Far Gone. (The) Ugly Things. Let Them All Talk. All The Rage. We Despise You.

(Wow, that was fun. Responding in Elvis Costello song titles. We should do this more often.)

Last Post. (<-- The perfect EC song to end this nonsense.)

Feb 20, 2009 at 1:34 PM Post #80 of 144
I'm votin Wmcmanus moderator of the year. No pepper spray and clubs...heehehehe

BTW...I played some DK last night to try out my upgraded Woo and WOW fantastic SQ and her voice is very nice but after one song I was like..NEXT! A little boring, but good background, bourgeois "soiree" music.

Feb 20, 2009 at 2:32 PM Post #82 of 144
Never go on Head-Fi when drunk (especially perusing the FS forums, big trouble). It's like going food shopping when hungry.
eek.gif

Feb 20, 2009 at 2:36 PM Post #83 of 144
I happen to love her, for many reasons. Too each his own.

One thing that is undeniably indisputable though. Her recordings are clean and good for checking out equipment.
She uses state of the art equipment (like David Sanborn).

"Live in Paris" is my least favorite recording of hers.

Feb 20, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #86 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by DC2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those guys always get the good chicks.
rolleyes.gif

Yea, it's a real conundrum sometimes. I guess they are attracted to power, which I find a bit twisted.

Feb 20, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #87 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that you Elvis?

Elvis has left the planet!

Feb 20, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #89 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Never go on Head-Fi when drunk (especially perusing the FS forums, big trouble). It's like going food shopping when hungry.
eek.gif

Sage advice sir. Sage advice...lol

I don't know olblueyez. For me, there is just something about a woman with a mustache...

Feb 20, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #90 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx 23
Is it seriously worth starting a thread to say you hate something though?

I think you are taking it too seriously. Her popularity, image, and "easy listening" sanitised music make her and her ilk an easy target for mockery. When we say we hate her, we actually mean we cannot take her or her music seriously.

By the way, you are thread crapping. If you can't post any hate- don't post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back