Dec 14, 2007 at 1:43 PM Post #781 of 805
Nice to meet you.
My heart is doing nervously.
This be because it is my 2nd note.
Permit my strange English.

I obtained DIABLO recently.
I tried to listen to it promptly.
I liked the sound of DIABLO.
However, regrettably as for my DIABLO, BASS does not change at all.
Everybody of DIABLO is how?

Dec 14, 2007 at 2:41 PM Post #782 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Podster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I truly hope so RCM as I've felt from first glance the Diablo is one of the sweetest looking portables I've seen to date, I love the design concept of the Diablo 4 sure and tank build never hurts
wink.gif

The huge initial failure rate is hardly a "tank build"

Dec 15, 2007 at 3:30 AM Post #784 of 805
So do the screws on the front and back of the Diablo allow for access to the insides?

Dec 15, 2007 at 3:57 AM Post #785 of 805
jamato8, Visually, it looks like in order to access the insides of the Diablo you must remove the screws and then crack the top half of the case off. The internal knobs do not allow for the insides to slid out like an RSA portable amp. Or, the screws could be pressure locking the top half in place via a type of sandwich force between the two side plates.... Donno, I'm not dissembling mine as I still need to send it back to Larry to repair the charging LED.

Unless you guys wanted to start a paypal fund and send over some money... then I'll be more then happy to dissemble my diablo completely with videos, pictures, and posts
wink.gif

Dec 15, 2007 at 5:37 AM Post #786 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnoshroom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
jamato8, Visually, it looks like in order to access the insides of the Diablo you must remove the screws and then crack the top half of the case off. The internal knobs do not allow for the insides to slid out like an RSA portable amp. Or, the screws could be pressure locking the top half in place via a type of sandwich force between the two side plates....

This is known as precision?

Dec 15, 2007 at 5:49 AM Post #787 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnoshroom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
jamato8, Visually, it looks like in order to access the insides of the Diablo you must remove the screws and then crack the top half of the case off. The internal knobs do not allow for the insides to slid out like an RSA portable amp. Or, the screws could be pressure locking the top half in place via a type of sandwich force between the two side plates.... Donno, I'm not dissembling mine as I still need to send it back to Larry to repair the charging LED.

Unless you guys wanted to start a paypal fund and send over some money... then I'll be more then happy to dissemble my diablo completely with videos, pictures, and posts
wink.gif

So how much? :^) I would think the screws do something and that taking them out would hardly void the warranty but then maybe it would.

Dec 15, 2007 at 5:13 PM Post #788 of 805
We took out the screws at the Florida meet, but you cannot get to the insides, except for the front and the back plates without cracking open the glue. As previously stated, it says right on the webpage that the unit is not user serviceable or able to be modified by anyone but the manufacturer, If you crack it open, I assume you are doing so at your own risk, due to the manufacturer's disclaimer.

In other words, it's like the guys in the DIY forum trying to mod the iPod Nano. They are "entering at there own risk" and some of them are on their 3rd Nano.
Due to the availabilty of the Diablo and the price, you'd have to have a pretty big expendable wallet and some serious cuhones.
eek.gif

Dec 16, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #790 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The glue makes me wonder if it's manufacturer serviceable.
eek.gif

My guess would be a small bead of hot glue in a few strategic spots.... easy enough to take apart if you know where the glue is.....

Jan 11, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #792 of 805
Ok, So how is this amp doing?? Curious minds want to know.

Jan 11, 2008 at 2:51 AM Post #794 of 805
Well I have mine...had it for a while and have nothing to complain about at the moment. I received one...it was the wrong color...and then the lights stopped working. Emailed and got a quick response...and replacement.

My newest one is black with silver knobs...looks wicked! It supposedly has a bass mod, filter mod, and battery charger mod...whatever that means. Perhaps upgrages from the first releases and some of the problems were addressed.

I do know that I have been able to compare the new one to my first versoin and it seems to sound better. The low gain on the new one is actually usable...but I still think I prefer it set to high. I have yet to fully burn it in...maybe 75 hours on it...but this latest one sounds great.

I am listening to it with my LiveWires and just love the combo. The only full sized cans I have at the moment are some SR60s...but wow, these babies came to life! I still want to find some higher end full sized cans to use with my set up...just not sure if I want open or closed.

My only other amp was a Hornet M....and I definitely prefer the Diablo. The Hornet had a harsher sound to it...and the Diablo seems to be more balanced. Bass is rock solid too.

Will give more feedback after I've listened to it a bit more.

RIDE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back