Diablo's are Surfacing!
Dec 4, 2007 at 3:40 AM Post #766 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnoshroom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*** And if anyone is interested in a selling a black PRII (In Mint condition) PM meh.
smily_headphones1.gif

Who's meh, and why would someone want to PM them
wink.gif

Dec 4, 2007 at 4:07 AM Post #767 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Judgement day was yesterday.

Photo gallery at: John Amato's Photo Galleries at pbase.com

iRiver H130 (30gb) silver and black

Portable amp ratings so far: *1. Xin Reference 22,000uf, *1. Ref. 12,000uf *2. iBasso D1 *3. Micro IV*4. Mini IV *4. SM LE (neutral and expansive). *5. SR71 (an all around excellent amp) *6. iBasso P1 (full, neutral sound) *iBasso T2 *7. C & C Box (good decay, tilted up high frequency, slightly synthetic) *8. iBasso T1 (huge surprise in all areas, neutral frequency) *9. XTRA X-1 (warm not neutral, very musical) *10. LD M+ These amps are enjoyable to listen to and present a slightly different interpretation of the musical signal.

Portable monitor ratings: *1. PortaPros (modified-a great value) *2. Amadana P-117 bamboo *3. V-Moda Remix *4. UM2 (respond to top quality amplification) *5. OVC 8+

Source: Favorite portable desk use: D303 optical out, D-EJ955, D-EJ1000, D-EJ2000, 25s, 25, D-303, D-777 and others (optical out if available)
Digital Conversion: Altoid tin Monica Dac I, Altoid tin Monica II Asynchronous Reclocking Dac, The Elaborate Dac with reclocking and Audio Note nickel double C core output transformers, AN silver interstage transformers and silver input transformer.
Headphone Amplifiers: iBasso D1, IV Micro, IV Mini, Xin Reference, SM3B, SuperMacro V LE, SM3 V6 Xin (IV all switches), XRTA X-1, LD Micro +, LD Micro Tube, C&C Box, iBasso P1, iBasso T1 and T2. Woo 3 Modified-Siemens 6922 driver, 7236 power tube, Woo 6 -
Headphones: HD650, Ultrasone 750, PortaPro modified, Equation RP-21, Westone UM2, OVC V8+, OVC TC20, OVC T25, OVC T100, V-Moda Bass Freq, V-Moda silver Remix, JBL 220 Ref, V-Moda Red Roxx

Testers: Hickok 539C (digital meters), Hickok 539C like new, TV 7A, 7B, 7D, TV 10, Hick. 6000, 600 & orig Hickok 1924, Sencore LC102. All calibrated.

I just want to say, holy crap that's a long sig.

Dec 4, 2007 at 4:50 AM Post #768 of 805
Thanks, it took me a while to get it typed out. :^)

Dec 4, 2007 at 9:08 PM Post #769 of 805
jamato, which top quality amps have you put the UM2's to test on. I currently use mine with Ray's Toma and find the sound to be excellent but now I'm wondering what else I might be missing!

Look out wallet, this is how it all starts:-0

I have never once thought about using my 1/4" adapter and trying them on my MG Head!!! Think how depressed I'm going to be if the UM2's destroy my K701's:frowning2:

Dec 7, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #770 of 805
OMG! How did this thread end up on page 4:-0 LOL

I'm waiting for the tide to turn on more arriving operational as the opposed:wink:

Dec 7, 2007 at 11:47 PM Post #771 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Podster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
jamato, which top quality amps have you put the UM2's to test on. I currently use mine with Ray's Toma and find the sound to be excellent but now I'm wondering what else I might be missing!(

I used them with my different Xin amps and much of what you see in my listing of amps but they just don't inspire me. I enjoy the PortaPros more.

Dec 8, 2007 at 12:16 AM Post #772 of 805
I here ya, when at home I like listening to my PX-100's more than any of my IEM's. THX

Dec 8, 2007 at 1:14 AM Post #773 of 805
Thought I would just add my 1st thoughts. serial number 1041 . Charged up straight out of the box, Red light started on charge after approx 3 hours light dimmed then went off. plugged back in to check light came on in dim, stayed on for 10mins went off.
Looks wise this is one hell of an amp. Build quality case, knobs, cool blue leds , just come back from the pub and only amp anyone has commented on " what is that "
Earphones tested with etys 4rp , shure 530 , UE 10 triple fi and my custom UE 11.
Panorama not sure where I like it best mono left right. Left right adds the detail.
Infairness to the etys they sound awesome, but must confess the UE 11 brought tears to my eyes. The fullness of the sound is amazing. Source is an ipod classic with alo cryo dock.
What is interesting cannot go past 2 on the volume otherwise its way to loud.
Will get a few more hours on it and do a comparison with my other portables.
Must confess more of a 2 channel hifi buff hence do not post. I will try and do a test against my wilson maxx 2 and halcro dm88 with meridian transport.
Hope this is of interest
Mike

Dec 8, 2007 at 1:28 AM Post #774 of 805
Quote:

OMG! How did this thread end up on page 4:-0 LOL

I'm waiting for the tide to turn on more arriving operational as the opposed:wink:

Mine is still working perfectly...all lights are working, sounds great, and knobs are working perfectly.

Dec 8, 2007 at 4:48 AM Post #775 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikesyxthsense /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will try and do a test against my wilson maxx 2 and halcro dm88 with meridian transport. Hope this is of interest
Mike

Choo, choo. Do you guys hear something? Oh, right, it's the hype train.
wink.gif

Anyway, if this amp is going to make your UE11 sound better than MAXX2's, man, I wouldn't know what to say to that.
redface.gif

Dec 8, 2007 at 8:03 AM Post #776 of 805
So far so good. Only problem is the charging LED does not work. So at the moment I am running the amp till it runs out, charging for 3 hours and playing till it dies again. I plan on sending it back to Larry after the holidays are over for him to further diagnose.

I'm still deciding if my Hornet sounds as good.... The knobs give very precise control over the volume/bass/pana. Case is built like a tank... and goes well with my iMod Photo Black YoTank.

Sound... is awesome. But the blue led is soooooooo friken bright that when using the amp at night with the lights off, the Diablo becomes a LED flashlight. Electrical over the led work
wink.gif

Dec 8, 2007 at 8:06 AM Post #777 of 805
I concur with AlchemyDept.... this amp compared to something like Xin / RSA Portable Series/ PRII / Or any other portable amp would be a valid comparison. Anything else is futile

Of which, now I'm waiting for my Xin SuperMacro I ordered from back in March...
smily_headphones1.gif

All to listen to EAT STATIC in my HD650's with some brain bumpin bass. Ummm Umm Umm.

Dec 8, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #778 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine is still working perfectly...all lights are working, sounds great, and knobs are working perfectly.

And you know Nick I'm puttin' a little back each month too, I figure by the time I have put that 5 bones in a box the Diablo it will have overcome this thread and it's initial launch woes
wink.gif

Dec 8, 2007 at 8:40 PM Post #779 of 805
Quote:

And you know Nick I'm puttin' a little back each month too, I figure by the time I have put that 5 bones in a box the Diablo it will have overcome this thread and it's initial launch woes
wink.gif

Yeah, but will it have ever overcome lack of availability?
biggrin.gif

Dec 8, 2007 at 11:32 PM Post #780 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by RCM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, but will it have ever overcome lack of availability?
biggrin.gif

I truly hope so RCM as I've felt from first glance the Diablo is one of the sweetest looking portables I've seen to date, I love the design concept of the Diablo 4 sure and tank build never hurts
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back