Diablo's are Surfacing!
Nov 27, 2007 at 10:31 PM Post #661 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope, I don't need further proof. Seems like you've cultivated quite a nice audience to sell the amp nick, go for it man.

Yeah sell it to me! $200.00 plus i will pay extra for shipping and paypal, i mean come on the amp is two years old and in that time the value of the amp has gone down.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 27, 2007 at 11:45 PM Post #662 of 805
You can always count on Vicki and Nate to call people out on what they say. They are not fearful of losing any popularity contests.
tongue.gif

With that said, and I haven't got to say this for more than 3 weeks, I'm going to let 'er rip:

Back on Topic!
eek.gif
(Gosh, I love the new eek emoticon)

Nov 28, 2007 at 12:16 AM Post #663 of 805
Quote:

Nope, I don't need further proof. Seems like you've cultivated quite a nice audience to sell the amp nick, go for it man.

Nate is this now just your General Claim of everyone or just Nick and Myself?

The fact that you like something and want or have to sell it have nothing in common and in most cases causes great heartache to part with something you really like for cash. I had a 2000 Harley Deuce with over $32,000 invested in it and when the baby came it went for $12,000 cold hard cash! Still gives me lumps in my stomach whenever I go in my shed and it's not there.

Granted Im sure Nick wont be losing sleep on this one but he did infact notify me early that he just wanted to hear it and then sell it.

I made him an offer on it but with the failure rate I just didnt want to pay more for it.

Offer still stands Nick!! ??

PAYPAL?

Nov 28, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #664 of 805
Nice avatar, Todd. I approve.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nate is this now just your General Claim of everyone or just Nick and Myself?

I call BS wherever I see it, no specific targets.

On topic (for fear of the wrath of the bikker!): it's really disappointing to hear that even with a two week layoff so few folks have their amps and those that do are hardly experiencing flawless operation.
confused.gif

Nov 28, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #665 of 805
Love your new avatar Todd...shows you have a good sense of humor. But then again we know that from you selling your V-Dock.

Edit-Oops, posted that at the same time as Nate. Great minds think alike, I guess.

Nov 28, 2007 at 2:26 AM Post #666 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... and may also have ulterior motives (battery life report for one), to post anything reliable.

Vicky, you have always been a very nice person. As a matter of fact one of the nicest I have met. I am very surprised at the above statement, it seems to be out of line and un-warranted. Sorry.

Note: I could care less if Larry's company goes under or not. I have not purchased a Diablo nor do I intend to. However it is not the fault of the buyer if he/she gets a Diablo he ordered 2 months ago while a buyer who paid 2 years ago has not. The only one to blame there is the seller.

Nov 28, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #667 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So it is glued you say. Does that mean we cannot reverse-engineer it? Seeing how Larry is not very respectful to his customers, I think that is overdue though.

I wonder if careful application of heat w/ a hair dryer would soften the glue sufficiently to pry it open.

Nov 28, 2007 at 2:28 AM Post #668 of 805
Quote:

Actually, it seems pretty fricken disingenuous of Nick to do what he's doing, some of which is behind the scenes. If this were any other product other than the Diablo it wouldn't matter to me, but this sits bad with me any way I look at it.

Sorry but you acusation is way out of line.

Nov 28, 2007 at 2:31 AM Post #669 of 805
immtbiker;3429552 said:
You can always count on Vicki and Nate to call people out on what they say. They are not fearful of losing any popularity contests.
tongue.gif
...QUOTE]

The problem is when accusations are made based on an opinion or a gut feel. Just because someone thinks something is not right should not be used to make accusations. Specially when they are posted earlier.

It is very dangerous if we allow people to accuse others of wrongful doings w/o any evidence. Just my opinion of course.

Nov 28, 2007 at 2:34 AM Post #670 of 805
It's only out of line if there's nothing to back it up. From what I know of boomy and nate, I'd assume they have good reason for saying what they do. When someone is willing to put their reputation on the line, you should consider the reputation when you weigh the sides.

Nov 28, 2007 at 2:42 AM Post #671 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's only out of line if there's nothing to back it up. From what I know of boomy and nate, I'd assume they have good reason for saying what they do. When someone is willing to put their reputation on the line, you should consider the reputation when you weigh the sides.

Correct, and I did read the post prior to and during. I did not see anything to warrant the accusation. I still do not see it.
confused.gif

Nov 28, 2007 at 2:48 AM Post #672 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sorry, but they're not. I don't need any secret information to see what nick is doing, and in some measure I don't blame him. He's got an amp he probably doesn't want given its near radioactive status and probably fears that if he returns it for a refund he'll never see his money. So from the moment he got the amp (and before) he started talking with multiple buyers about selling it, he's admitted that so no secret there. Whether that's at a loss, full retail or whatever it still doesn't sit well with me that he's running around singing the amp's praises while dropping public hints about how he might sell it, all the while saying it's working fine, even with its less than 50% rated battery life. Tell you what, read through some of his 94 posts in this thread and then get back to me.
cool.gif

On topic: it'd be nice to get a bit more feedback from the man'f as to why the few working examples have FAR less than the claimed battery life. There's no way that a batter is going to magically develop 2.5x the capacity after a few recharges.

Nov 28, 2007 at 3:11 AM Post #673 of 805
The following is what I have read regarding battery conditioning. If it is true, then I thougth it possible for a battery to need a few cycles to get to its potential. Is the article I copied below incorrect?

What is battery conditioning or exercising?

When you intentionally discharge a battery down to a certain minimum voltage and then recharge it this is known as battery conditioning or reconditioning . It is also sometimes referred to as battery exercise. This is particularly important to reduce what some call the memory effect experienced using NiCD batteries if you habitually do not fully discharge them each time you use them. For NiCD batteries this must be done periodically, approximately every 10 charge/discharge cycles or so, or the batteries will begin to lose capacity. For NiMH batteries conditioning is not really needed to reduce any memory effect because that is negligible in this type of battery. However, reconditioning is very convenient for both NiMH and NiCD batteries because brand new batteries are not charged when you receive them and they must be charged and discharged three to five times before they reach their full capacity. In addition, occasionally conditioning rechargeable batteries helps to ensure that they give you years or service and save you as much money as possible, before you recycle them and get new ones.

Nov 28, 2007 at 3:19 AM Post #674 of 805
Quote:

Vicky, you have always been a very nice person. As a matter of fact one of the nicest I have met. I am very surprised at the above statement, it seems to be out of line and un-warranted. Sorry.

Note: I could care less if Larry's company goes under or not. I have not purchased a Diablo nor do I intend to. However it is not the fault of the buyer if he/she gets a Diablo he ordered 2 months ago while a buyer who paid 2 years ago has not. The only one to blame there is the seller.

Quote:

I wonder if careful application of heat w/ a hair dryer would soften the glue sufficiently to pry it open.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tongue.gif

The problem is when accusations are made based on an opinion or a gut feel. Just because someone thinks something is not right should not be used to make accusations. Specially when they are posted earlier.

It is very dangerous if we allow people to accuse others of wrongful doings w/o any evidence. Just my opinion of course.

Quote:

Correct, and I did read the post prior to and during. I did not see anything to warrant the accusation. I still do not see it.
confused.gif

Miguel...when you are quoting back to back to back, the multi feature can be quite useful. You can answer each quote in the same post without inflating your post count.

See above example.

Nov 28, 2007 at 3:34 AM Post #675 of 805
wow, this amp REALLY is the DEVIL, just look how it's turned everyone against one another.... I wouldn't touch this thing with a 10 ft pitchfork!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back