DIABLO?
Aug 26, 2007 at 5:00 PM Post #34 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just get a LISA III. :p

Oh I dont think I would ever buy a Diablo I am just wondering what the new updates are and ALL those people that sent money. I would love to review one though.

Aug 27, 2007 at 1:28 AM Post #35 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just get a LISA III. :p

aren't these 2 amps both designed by phil? i wonder how different the circuit is or for that matter the sound. wouldn't phil have built some sort of a prototype of his design? has this ever been discussed with him?

Aug 27, 2007 at 6:32 AM Post #36 of 43
The Diablo is a sort of commission work of Phil.
The idea came from Duncan the ipod studio owner. He wanted to offer a sort of portable stylish small headphone amp with only the "best" components used. That is why the damn thing is so expansive.
Seeing Phils other designs makes me wonder if the Diablo is truley his hearts child.
And taking all the recent development in account (Xin Reference, LISA III etc.) I doubt that the Diablo will still be top dog.

Aug 27, 2007 at 1:47 PM Post #38 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dept_of_Alchemy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That thing is sexy, how much does it cost again?

Same as the LISA III, I think. Notice how it's the LISA III, and not IIII? The PRII is the LISA II. I think the PPA is the LISA I. Notice the Diablo not there?

Aug 27, 2007 at 3:53 PM Post #39 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh I dont think I would ever buy a Diablo I am just wondering what the new updates are and ALL those people that sent money. I would love to review one though.

There have been zero updates as far as I know, only communications via Duncan that Larry assures him the Diablos are nearing completion/are in the final stages/will be worth the wait/sound great/blah blah blah. I can only hope. Larry has not directedly posted any updates since March, but managed to update his website.

The Lisa III is much larger than the Diablo, so they're not the same at all.

Aug 28, 2007 at 10:32 AM Post #40 of 43
I paid over two years ago, still don't have it, and I would advise not to buy one. Larry doesn't respond to emails, and still hasn't shipped a power supply unit that I was supposed to have in March 2006. The amp will probably be good, but Larocco's customer service is the worst I have ever experienced... ever!

I have pre-ordered Phil's new amp the Lisa III through Triad Audio, and Brad at Triad has a good reputation. If you don't mind it's size, go for it!

Aug 28, 2007 at 3:55 PM Post #41 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by lexnasa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I paid over two years ago, still don't have it, and I would advise not to buy one. Larry doesn't respond to emails, and still hasn't shipped a power supply unit that I was supposed to have in March 2006. The amp will probably be good, but Larocco's customer service is the worst I have ever experienced... ever!

I have pre-ordered Phil's new amp the Lisa III through Triad Audio, and Brad at Triad has a good reputation. If you don't mind it's size, go for it!

Good call... the Diablo looks promising but after hearing the Lisa III I just don't see it measuring up. If people could get past the size and use the Lisa III for desktop and transportable applications I don't think there is a better option.

Aug 28, 2007 at 4:50 PM Post #42 of 43
Well said.

I also paid for the Diablo long time ago. One reason behind the decision was that I always admire the case work of Larry.

Well, looks like it will be a very long wait. So, for the time being, the LISA III is my new favorite, and Jesus, it is GOOD. VERY GOOD.

F. Lo

Aug 28, 2007 at 5:29 PM Post #43 of 43
I agree, everytime I listen to the Lisa III I'm amazed at it
smily_headphones1.gif
I also agree that Larry does wonderful case work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back