?????????
?????????

confused.gif

What?
rolleyes.gif

Jul 21, 2007 at 7:49 PM Post #17 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The last promise date on Diablos of 7/5 came and went with no word from Larry at Larocco Audio. It's all bad in Diablo-land for those who have money in it.

Thats what I was looking for thanks Sky.

I really didnt think you needed a decoder ring for this one but Head-fiers are a unique group. Me included!
tongue.gif

Jul 22, 2007 at 7:25 AM Post #18 of 43
given that larry's excuse around the beginning of the year was that he couldn't get any machine shops to do the work they'd promised in a timely fashion and that he therefore went out and bought his own cnc machine (don't those cost ~$1million?) and that they'd be shipping shortly, ya gotta wonder if these fantastic stories belie a dsm diagnosis lurking underneath it all. as curious as i am about the amp, there's no way i'd go near the thing. and it costs as much as a decent home amp! if you need a phil larocco design the lisa would be more tempting to me. but seriously, given that the meier move is available for $235 (with a dac) why bother with this other device? i'd be surprised if the differences in sound quality turn out to be all that large, and if you're using it for portable use where it can be hard to pick up the most subtle nuances buy the amp and some good cans and get to the music already!

Jul 22, 2007 at 9:05 AM Post #19 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm one of the many who's been waiting for months (Xin is speed demon in comparison) and some have been waiting for well over a year....two?

I paid for mine Sept 1, 2005 and there were nine others signed up before me. I am in for the long haul, but the lack of information on something that has been pre-paid for over 22 months is frustrating. I haven't given up on the Diablo, but my anticipation for the thing faded a while back. These days, it is the August general release of the Xin Reference that has attentions.

Jul 22, 2007 at 9:10 AM Post #20 of 43
At least there are References in the hands of some people like me and pictures to prove it. I was one of the first 10 back in Aug 05 but sold my seat at that table later.

Jul 23, 2007 at 10:05 AM Post #21 of 43
lol, I remember a LOOOOONG time ago hearing about the Diablo and thinking I'd love to have one. But I couldn't afford it at the time (pre order). It would have been perfect for my mobile rig to and from college everyday. Then a funny thing happened as time went by: I GRADUATED. LOL. Pathetic.

Jul 23, 2007 at 8:41 PM Post #22 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
.... ya gotta wonder if these fantastic stories belie a dsm diagnosis lurking underneath it all.

Axis I or II?
eek.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by mogata /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I paid for mine Sept 1, 2005 and there were nine others signed up before me. I am in for the long haul, but the lack of information on something that has been pre-paid for over 22 months is frustrating. I haven't given up on the Diablo, but my anticipation for the thing faded a while back. These days, it is the August general release of the Xin Reference that has attentions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SR-71Panorama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol, I remember a LOOOOONG time ago hearing about the Diablo and thinking I'd love to have one. But I couldn't afford it at the time (pre order). It would have been perfect for my mobile rig to and from college everyday. Then a funny thing happened as time went by: I GRADUATED. LOL. Pathetic.

That sorta says it all, or at least too much of it all
frown.gif

Jul 23, 2007 at 8:47 PM Post #23 of 43
......and here I thought this thread was to announce a 2nd Anniversary Party for Diablo donors.

Jul 24, 2007 at 7:19 PM Post #25 of 43
Well, a few people, including a few recognized names from head-fi, are starting to post again on the Diablo thread at ipastudio, requesting action. Don't know if it will do any good, but that seems to be the only way to get any kind of response, so the more posts there, the better.

Jul 24, 2007 at 11:49 PM Post #26 of 43
I honestly am willing to bet that it (the protype I assume exists) sounds fantastic. Very fantastic, I would bet. The sad thing is that from now on, few, if any people will be willing to pre order anything from Larrocco. I like the look and specs of their headcode, but there is no way I would fork over that cash. I trust them not to steal money and all, but I would be in the dark about when they feel like getting around to making it.

Jul 25, 2007 at 12:05 AM Post #27 of 43
Well, I don't know how kosher it is to paste a post from one website to here, so apologies in advance if needed, and mods feel free to remove it, but it's relevant to the topic. Here's the latest word (today):

"OK, Larry has been in touch....and the Diablo is looking very good but not quite ready to ship.

He will update this thread later today."

Going back to Trose's original post: ?????????????????????????
mad.gif

Jul 25, 2007 at 12:28 AM Post #28 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, I can't believe you all do not have your Diablo yet? I wanted one and it was really easy to get my hands on it, all I had to do was contact the dealer and voila! I got my very own.
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

dia11.jpg

That thing is worthless! I can't even see a place to plug the headphones in, nevermind the lack of a volume control.

Jul 25, 2007 at 6:34 AM Post #29 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That thing is worthless! I can't even see a place to plug the headphones in, nevermind the lack of a volume control.

Steve, that thing makes beautiful music and has a very fast sound!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back