trose49

Banned
?????????
?????????
?????????
?????????

confused.gif

Jul 21, 2007 at 2:08 AM Post #4 of 43
you don't know what it is or you don't know how to order one?

try this for info: http://laroccoaudio.net/diablo.html

I don't think he is done with it yet though. But sexy it is.

Jul 21, 2007 at 2:20 AM Post #6 of 43
Based on what is said, it does.

Seriously though, they must have been reading online comments on it being "vapourware". Just read the first part of their PDF document on the Diablo which they released.

All I can say is that it looks incredible.

Jul 21, 2007 at 2:56 AM Post #9 of 43
I'm one of the many who's been waiting for months (Xin is speed demon in comparison) and some have been waiting for well over a year....two? Last word was that the first one was being sent out, but no word yet as to if he's received it.

I don't think you can order them from his website yet. I hope not. You used to be only able to order them through ipastudio, but they're not taking any more orders until all the outstanding ones are filled.

Still hopeful, but....
confused.gif

Jul 21, 2007 at 3:15 AM Post #10 of 43
I lurked through many of the pain and suffering and anticipation for many on head-fi regarding this nice-looking design but after reading the manual for the Diablo there is a major sticking point....battery.

They decided to go with a Lithion Ion which can be dangerously close to be useless if the battery is run to full depletion and the expected run time is 50 hours. This is a far cry from what I am used to with the RSA TH. I can't tell you how many times I left it on by accident. Larry writes that Larocco or an authorized service center will be required to replace batteries. This will require service...something that skepticism makes difficult. I am not saying I don't want one of these beauts but jeeze Ray Samuels and Jan Meier have really set the bar for the level of customer service we expect and I expect to hear of more heartache if recent history is any indicator of future performance from Larry and crew.

I hope I am completely wrong.

Jul 21, 2007 at 8:27 AM Post #11 of 43
Quote:

I hope I am completely wrong.

Sorry to say so, but I you are not. With all what happened so far, customer service is a big problem with LaRocco. There is no reason to believe the problem will change anytime soon.
Some guys are now waiting for over 2 years for their finished product and an end is not in sight.

Jul 21, 2007 at 9:07 AM Post #12 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by dr.morton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to say so, but I you are not. With all what happened so far, customer service is a big problem with LaRocco. There is no reason to believe the problem will change anytime soon.
Some guys are now waiting for over 2 years for their finished product and an end is not in sight.

True. I find it interesting after following the threads on Storm Audio that there hasn't been a bigger outcry here. Now, I'm not suggesting that the situations are the same because they're not. I also know that Larry's refunded money when asked, so there is no question of theft (I want that clearly stated before I go on). With that said, however, we have a similar situation where people have paid nearly identical sums for a product that was promised and still hasn't be delivered two years later. I was aware that there had been a long waiting prior to pre-ordering mine in early January, but following the threads, and based on posts by Larry, I was truly under the impression that within a couple months we'd have them. I have and love the Larocco PRII. For me, a few month wait for a Diablo was worth it, and would still be worth it if communication weren't so lacking. The last posts from Larry were a few months ago, and based on those and pics he provided, everything looked again to be on track again....then....nothing. A stray post repeating an email from a new assistant (that date has come and gone) and a more recent post saying that the first one was being shipped, but nothing to say yet that it WAS shipped or if and when others would follow.

I waited months for my SinglePower amp to return from an repair/upgrade. Some have waited much much longer to have their amps built. It's frustrating, but communicating with Mikhail is a phone call away. I always felt secure that my amp would return to me and sound better than before (it does). Larry had time to update his website, but not post a simple statement letting anyone know where things stand one way or another. He (and a supposedly new asssistant) don't respond to emails, so it's beyond frustrating. It's a bit scary.

There was a thread here not that long ago on the same topic. I posted similar comments and people leapt to defend him, saying that this is how he always works and don't we love the results. Yes, I love the results of what I have, but that doesn't make anything else right or defendable.

I'm waiting for my amp. I'm hoping it will be everything I suspect it may. I don't know how many other head-fiers have ordered a Diablo (I see a few names I recognize on the other site), but I do wonder why so few speak up. No one really posts in the Diablo thead on the site we ordered them from anymore. Why? I suspect that Larry or at least Duncan would respond to some form of mass questioning. I dunno. Just my two cents, as they say.

Jul 21, 2007 at 5:50 PM Post #14 of 43
I'd have to be skeptical about the Diablo being serviced by Larocco Audio. Larry has an abysmal history of customer service to begin with. Secondly, he is no longer partners with Phil Larocco, who did all the design work for the Larocco Audio amps. So now Larocco Audio is Larocco Audio in name only. Makes me wonder how long it'll take for Larry to close up shop after the Diablo is finally released.

Jul 21, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #15 of 43
The last promise date on Diablos of 7/5 came and went with no word from Larry at Larocco Audio. It's all bad in Diablo-land for those who have money in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back