Diablo 3 was announced today ;)
Jun 30, 2008 at 2:16 AM Post #33 of 57
LMAO @ horrify
biggrin.gif

HDtrailers on gametrailers.com

Just when I thought I was completely done with gaming... Now I want a new computer
tongue.gif

Jun 30, 2008 at 4:47 AM Post #34 of 57
i've not played diablo other than watch my mates at it. however, i am excited as i love the windows and mac coincidal release. great work as always from blizzard. i will check it out. im not a warcraft person but diablo may be further up my creek

Jun 30, 2008 at 11:39 AM Post #35 of 57
I probably spent more time playing DII than any other game. A lot of hours were spent playing DII multiplayer in the dorm (like much of the floor would get in) in college instead of studying

Metal Gear Solid 4 made me buy a new TV and a Playstation 3. Diablo III will probably make me buy a new computer! This is an announcement I've been waiting for for a long time!

Jun 30, 2008 at 4:50 PM Post #37 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks good. But I wish that Blizzard would concentrate their focus on releasing a single game at a time, Starcraft II is taking a looooong time to be released.

-Ed

Word.

Hopefully, Starcraft will come out soon so that I can wait for Diablo III playing it.
cool.gif

Jun 30, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #38 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks good. But I wish that Blizzard would concentrate their focus on releasing a single game at a time, Starcraft II is taking a looooong time to be released.

-Ed

I thought that was what they gained in the EA acquisition, after all nobody knows how to churn out (terrible) games every year like they do.

Jul 1, 2008 at 2:37 AM Post #41 of 57
Well, looks like I need to get a copy of XP to prepare for this one.

Diablo II was an abysmal mess (I don't mean not fun, but a slow, unstable, game for about a year, and a a terrible B.net UI even today), and Blizzard is now king of the PC gaming world due to learning from it. I don't think this will be less than stellar.

Blizzard has been one of a few companies that truly survived by exploiting human creativity; delivering engaging games...as apposed to say, EA, exploiting fresh-from-college workers, delivering games that will never be made to run properly, asking illegal hours and then not paying for it...

Jul 1, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #42 of 57
I am so stoked for this: So much that I looked for my diablo copy today after discussing some fond memories of diablo and diablo ii with a co-worker; alas I couldn't find it so I snagged one on ebay (hope it ships fast).

I remember so vividly the chill that ran down my spine while playing Diablo as a teenager in my room with the lights out. Hearing out of the silence, in a dark empty chamber "mmmmm....fresh meat," I was hooked from then on.

Oh so many years lost playing DII. Cant wait for DIII.

Jul 1, 2008 at 4:40 AM Post #43 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by cerbie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, looks like I need to get a copy of XP to prepare for this one.

Diablo II was an abysmal mess (I don't mean not fun, but a slow, unstable, game for about a year, and a a terrible B.net UI even today), and Blizzard is now king of the PC gaming world due to learning from it. I don't think this will be less than stellar.

Slow? LMAO... I dont know if you only play single player, but this game is FAST, esp group leveling, dueling, and w/e... its a ****load faster than WoW or many other hacknslash rpg games.
Unstable? I have no idea what your talking about... there are obviously flaws (like duping and stuff) but then they have released patches and stuff.
Terrible Bnet? Remember, THIS BNET WAS FREE, no one is paying 20$ a month to get more stuff up, unlike WoW. There are rarely any server crashes, game crashes or whatnot.

Jul 1, 2008 at 4:49 AM Post #44 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh... they might. Remember SC: Ghost? They concentrated on WoW too much at that period.

ghost was made for ps2 and xbox... it was rather sad cause then NEXT GEN consoles were coming along, so they decided to redo the coding and everything, and in the end... WoW became so popular that they moved many of the people back INTO the WoW team taht they had to scrap SC Ghost.

Remember... ghost was their 1st try at "current" console gaming (other than starcraft on n64), so basically they flunked, considering how much shooters came out the past 2-3 years.
Then they tried their hands at classic gaming... on gba again... and failed again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khanate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's not the same development team. And each team is concentrating on making a great game and are probably going to succeed.

yeah, the D2 dev team went and made hellgate london (or w/e its called) so basically the dev team for D3 is a whole new team.
SC2 has their own team, and so does WoW, so nothing should be interfering with each other.

Jul 1, 2008 at 5:18 AM Post #45 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by TSi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ghost was made for ps2 and xbox... it was rather sad cause then NEXT GEN consoles were coming along, so they decided to redo the coding and everything, and in the end... WoW became so popular that they moved many of the people back INTO the WoW team taht they had to scrap SC Ghost.

Remember... ghost was their 1st try at "current" console gaming (other than starcraft on n64), so basically they flunked, considering how much shooters came out the past 2-3 years.
Then they tried their hands at classic gaming... on gba again... and failed again.

SC: Ghost was never an in-house Blizzard project. They subbed it out to Nihilistic and the first E3 launch came from that. Then Blizzard pulled Nihilistic from the project and gave it to Swinging Ape. There was another E3 launch, but the game continued in dev hell until Blizzard bought out Swinging Ape and ostensibly shelved the project due to the console generation transition.

Rather, the studio that Blizzard killed off to do content work for WoW was Blizzard North. Not that there was much left after the mass defections in 2003.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back