Diablo 3 was announced today ;)
Jun 29, 2008 at 4:42 AM Post #16 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by TSi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
uhm... they are each in their own respective departments... so it wouldnt matter with annoucements... its not like announcing one thing will screw up or delay another game from another department.

Oh... they might. Remember SC: Ghost? They concentrated on WoW too much at that period.

But yeah. Both Diablo III and SCII will definitely be in my "To Buy" List. Maybe next year they'll announce Warcraft IV? Who knows?
rolleyes.gif

Jun 29, 2008 at 4:45 AM Post #17 of 57
Well, considering the absurd amount of cash flowing in from World of Snorecraft: The Online Chinese Sweatshop Simulator, I'm not surprised that they offered Ghost up for sacrifice.

Jun 29, 2008 at 5:14 AM Post #18 of 57
why are they releasing so many games when I thought my gaming days have ended... Here I come uni fails! But knowing blizzard they should take a couple of years to release this :]

Jun 29, 2008 at 5:16 AM Post #19 of 57
OMG! OMG! OMG!

Jun 29, 2008 at 9:30 AM Post #21 of 57
Diablo II was a game that was able to revive from its ashes so many times pre and post LOD without being complete "wow, you accomplised a lot of things... that arent worth anything" wow'ish type of bs.

D2 was a great game like SC was and blizzard knows how to create games and will hopefully pour all that knowledge into this new instalment!

Jun 29, 2008 at 10:02 AM Post #22 of 57
Right after my first attempts to play 3D
tongue.gif
following my trend as always
wink.gif

3diabolos.gif

Jun 29, 2008 at 3:58 PM Post #23 of 57
Yeah.. the renewable gameplay with d2 was nice. There was just something about it.. the mood.. the music.. the design and feel of the areas... gah. That is the magical essence they need to recapture. I think the guy who did the Diablo 2 soundtrack has stopped working with Blizzard (a shame, it really is an AMAZING album) and I feel like that man personally made the most of the magical feel to Diablo 2. I'm scared.

Jun 29, 2008 at 5:01 PM Post #24 of 57
Have any of you though about addiction?? I'm scared, really scared, not only for me but for young people in general.

Remember how people were addicted when WoW got out?

Now we'll have SC2 coming out, which will be an absolute shock, here in Canada and USA, but most of it in Asia (Korea, China, etc.).

And then Diablo 3 will be out as an overlapse with SC2. This is gonna be mad. And people are already playing WoW like mad.

Jun 29, 2008 at 5:37 PM Post #25 of 57
Im sure it will be fun and polished but I am not a fan of the WoWish look in terms of color palette and geometry of the environments and models. I always had this idea in my head that Diablo 3 would be even darker and grittier than the first two (especially Diablo 2). Oh well, it still has a ways to go and the video only shows what I believe is the first part of the game. It will probably get darker in terms of mood and feel and probably visually as the game progresses.

Jun 29, 2008 at 6:23 PM Post #27 of 57
Watching the trailer and if that is the first layer of the dungeon... not much to fear. There's probably a LOT of world to visit this time around and this level doesn't go too far from the first two installments.

Jun 29, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #28 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luminette /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah.. the renewable gameplay with d2 was nice. There was just something about it.. the mood.. the music.. the design and feel of the areas... gah. That is the magical essence they need to recapture. I think the guy who did the Diablo 2 soundtrack has stopped working with Blizzard (a shame, it really is an AMAZING album) and I feel like that man personally made the most of the magical feel to Diablo 2. I'm scared.

I watched the gameplay video, and if the music they played in that is similar to the soundtrack, it should be pretty good! I've been out of the gaming world since at least this past december, but I think D3 will drag me back in... who knows if that's good or bad!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back