DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way hybrid universal IEM
Sep 16, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #436 of 1,058
  Mine are finaly on the way!

It would be very interesting to know how they sound on mobile phone or any other output with higher impedance, as these iems have a quite low impedance of 12 ohm. I'm a bit worried they will sound unbalanced on my phone or Ipod Nano 6.

Just remember.....

Try not to judge them out the box, try at least burning them in for 20 hours, or more. I too thought it sounded pretty ugly out the box. But to my surprise, they completely turned into my favorite from my bunch. A little patients' goes along way!  
darthsmile.gif

Sep 16, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #438 of 1,058
I guess at this point I'm just going to step aside and wait for other impressions 
confused_face.gif
  The sound really grows on you, especially when you listen to these for extended period of time, but once you start switching to other IEMs, the heft of mid-bass extension into lower mids becomes very apparent.

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #442 of 1,058
I guess at this point I'm just going to step aside and wait for other impressions :confused_face:   The sound really grows on you, especially when you listen to these for extended period of time, but once you start switching to other IEMs, the heft of mid-bass extension into lower mids becomes very apparent.

Just take a break. Im pretty sure you wont be the only one who feels this way.

Sep 16, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #445 of 1,058
Can I ask about isolation and comfort?
How it goes on those areas?

I have a vsd3s and gr06 to compare.
They are a very basic iem design. I wear mine over the ear with dual flange tips and they dissappear. They are very light.

Isolation is meh. They are ported on both sides of the drivers. Better than the kc06 but not as good as the tenore

Sep 16, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #446 of 1,058
Twister how much hours do you have :blush:

I think I stopped after 55hrs.  I know I can squeeze in a few more subtle improvements with more burn in (and mid-bass might tame down more), but I seriously doubt it will tighten up in bandwidth.  At this point it's all up to a personal taste regarding sound signature.  The bass of Altone 200 (with a slight boost in quantity) and mids/treble of DGS100 - would have been a perfection
biggrin.gif

Sep 16, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #448 of 1,058

I think I stopped after 55hrs.  I know I can squeeze in a few more subtle improvements with more burn in (and mid-bass might tame down more), but I seriously doubt it will tighten up in bandwidth.  At this point it's all up to a personal taste regarding sound signature.  The bass of Altone 200 (with a slight boost in quantity) and mids/treble of DGS100 - would have been a perfection
biggrin.gif

That's why I'm really satisfied with the comply/foam tips that comes with them, they really tame the mid-bass and gives the realistic sound signature that I seek. The silicone tips are too revealing on the mid-bass for my taste.

Sep 16, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #449 of 1,058

That's why I'm really satisfied with the comply/foam tips that comes with them, they really tame the mid-bass and gives the realistic sound signature that I seek. The silicone tips are too revealing on the mid-bass for my taste.

I'm using only foam tips that comes with it.  As a matter of fact, like these so much, getting a second spare pair: http://penonaudio.com/Black%20-Soft-Foam-Eartips-(SML)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back