DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way hybrid universal IEM
Sep 16, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #421 of 1,058
  Yup can only be worn down. Lol rontant haven't you bought enough already? Which IEMs are you waiting for currently?
tongue.gif

Oh no.... CKR9 is definitely way out of my league.  I was just asking you for fun. I am currently waiting for dgs100. :)

Sep 16, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #422 of 1,058
@rontant gonna get himself a. JIMO iem ...lol

is that a new iem I do not know about?

Oh no.... CKR9 is definitely way out of my league.  I was just asking you for fun. I am currently waiting for dgs100. :)

I see you're from Singapore. This is good news. I even got mine shipped from a singaporean distributor. You could easily audition them right? and compare them to dgs100..that'd be so cool man 
beerchug.gif

Sep 16, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #423 of 1,058

is that a new iem I do not know about?
I see you're from Singapore. This is good news. You could easily audition the ckrs right? and compare them to dgs100..tha'd be so cool man 
beerchug.gif

Never heard about JIMO. Maybe it is an one-and-only-custom-made IEM for Wokei.

Yes, yes, there are two shops in Plaza Singapura that sells CKR9 for S$248 but I don't dare to step inside. 

Sep 16, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #425 of 1,058
Sep 16, 2014 at 8:30 AM Post #428 of 1,058
Really? Hmmm interesting. 
eek.gif

Sep 16, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #430 of 1,058

+ 1 I do not know how to really describe the bass. Its not basshead bass for certain. You have to listen to it to experience. Its very deep but very tight as well as it should be. On tracks that do not have midbass but only lower /subbass ( Like acoustic songs) you could feel the rumble but retains the perfect clarity of the mids. Its more of a quality bass than quantity bass (not that quantity is not enough); it is always poised and composed to produce deep bass but controls it with confidence with fast decays but still lingers with some reverbs for me how AT tuned it to strike the balance of decay and reverberation is damn perfect for my taste. 
Yup I also felt IM50 had messy bass; needs more quality, I prefered the IM70 way more to IM50. But to me ckr9s are way ahead of the IM70 themselves. I haven't heard IM02/03/04 yet.
Oh yeah ckrs9 are not $300. I got them for $210 and I read from the thread today someone may have gotten it for $190 if I'm not mistaken. I'd just wish you can try them in length and give a review. I hope more credible people get to listen to them. As of right now I know only Ericp10,vlenbo and Earfonia. 

Back to DGS100. I will wait for more impressions to come in. Since its a more in your face sort of sig, it might be similar to ckr9s. Its said to have decent amount of bass, I am curious how they will compare. If they are any close I will get one after I get my budget amp and Cayin C5s 
biggrin.gif

The bass is, not the mids. Making it a different earphone again compared to the ckr9s. :p The mids might sound similar though, based on his description of these hybrids. However, how do they compare? I do not even know.

They are also dual driver like CKR9 but with detachable cable ....look alike ...nah ...they look like Thor's hammer ..

They are to compete with the ckr10s as they might cost more than $300.

Sep 16, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #431 of 1,058
Mine are finaly on the way!

It would be very interesting to know how they sound on mobile phone or any other output with higher impedance, as these iems have a quite low impedance of 12 ohm. I'm a bit worried they will sound unbalanced on my phone or Ipod Nano 6.

Sep 16, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #433 of 1,058
Getting clearer every hour still and the bass settled more , it is pretty balanced now and midrange has a naturalness especially in the vocals :heart_eyes::kissing_heart:, treble is still not to my liking but balanced as well if the get abit more extended then it will be awesome :ok_woman: and for soundstage it is sounding bigger every time might I say in the havi b3 pro 1 territory :sweat_smile:

Sep 16, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #435 of 1,058
Getting clearer every hour still and the bass settled more , it is pretty balanced now and midrange has a naturalness especially in the vocals :heart_eyes::kissing_heart:, treble is still not to my liking but balanced as well if the get abit more extended then it will be awesome :ok_woman: and for soundstage it is sounding bigger every time might I say in the havi b3 pro 1 territory :sweat_smile:
75 hour mark you ddefinitely notice the treble ggetting more extension

Users who are viewing this thread

Back