DFW Meet #6. January 2008! (Dallas + Ft. Worth)
Dec 29, 2007 at 10:59 PM Post #17 of 134
I'm sure there'll be a K701 in attendance Kasp3r.

I traded my DT990 for a HiFiDIY CD transport (the one built by n_maher), so I've updated my list. The PS Audio Lambda CD transport is now up for sale, so it might get deleted from the list as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mach46 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
source linn mimik, amp eddie current zana deux, headphones grado rs-2.

Mark right? Glad to hear you'll be there, I'll bring some Funk this time.
cool.gif

Dec 30, 2007 at 5:17 AM Post #19 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by luvdunhill /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Steve:

Can I get next in line for that transport? I want it for the same reason that thrice did
smily_headphones1.gif
I'll at least want to take a good look at it at the meet...

It probably already suffers from fear of abandonment, seeing as it's had three homes in about as many months.

I'll need to provide a loving environment with lots of emotional support to build it's self esteem back up.

So the short of it is, it's probably going to have a long term new home here.
You're more than welcome to put it through it's paces at the meet though, and if my Lambda doesn't sell, it'll be there too for comparison. It's a pretty solid transport in it's own right.

Dec 30, 2007 at 3:33 PM Post #20 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll need to provide a loving environment with lots of emotional support to build it's self esteem back up.

heh, you better keep a watchful eye on it
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 2, 2008 at 5:10 AM Post #22 of 134
I'd like to make Dallas my first ever meet. I hope to have the Pico and PK1 in hand by the end of January, so I'm not walking in like a total noob with toys no one wants to play with.

-mike

Jan 2, 2008 at 5:56 AM Post #23 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by mchang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd like to make Dallas my first ever meet. I hope to have the Pico and PK1 in hand by the end of January, so I'm not walking in like a total noob with toys no one wants to play with.

-mike

Well if the toys don't make it walk in with pizza, and you'll be excepted with open arms.
tongue.gif

Jan 2, 2008 at 9:59 PM Post #24 of 134
I'd like to bring my vinyl setup to this meet... I was thinking of one or two things... either a trip to Half-Price Books on Northwest Highway the day before to grab some records for the meet, or a "re-issue" vinyl give-away of sorts. The way the latter would work is everyone nominate their favorite album (that's available on vinyl obviously) and I'll choose a winner that will receive the record at the meet (well, after the meet and after we all listen to it)... perhaps there would be a few winners, or one for each genre or something. Just a thought, as I'd like everyone to at least try the whole vinyl thing with something they are familiar with. So, post your favorite album in addition to your gear if you care to participate!

Jan 3, 2008 at 2:02 AM Post #26 of 134
Quick story: Rewind 5-6 years when I was 28 and my wife was 33... I used to love going to Waterloo Records in Austin, walking over to the vinyl section, holding up one of the records against my ear and yelling, "HONEY! What are these things?!? How does the music come out?!? I've never seen one before!"

She usually punched me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 3, 2008 at 4:39 AM Post #27 of 134
lol, that's a good one
smily_headphones1.gif
Waterloo still sells new and used vinyl believe it or not.

Hopefully my offer will liven this thread... then again, perhaps not ... if not, then I'll have to pull a few pics of my new DIY amp out!

Jan 3, 2008 at 4:18 PM Post #29 of 134
A bit pricey, but very nice!

Uhm there is a non written rule here @ Head-Fi. You can't tease members with audio p*rn pics, then not deliver! Post the DIY amp pics!

Jan 3, 2008 at 5:59 PM Post #30 of 134
this is going to sound crazy, but I'm waiting on 8 stainless steel screws flat socket cap screws, as I accidentally got 8 alloy steel (why, 'cause alloy sounds cooler) and they're black
frown.gif
I just couldn't post pics in this condition!!

then, just maybe I'll post pics... the psu is a bit out of sorts now, as I'm waiting for a few more caps to get here... but soon enough
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back