DFW Meet #6. January 2008! (Dallas + Ft. Worth)
Jan 3, 2008 at 7:00 PM Post #31 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by luvdunhill /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this is going to sound crazy, but I'm waiting on 8 stainless steel screws flat socket cap screws, as I accidentally got 8 alloy steel (why, 'cause alloy sounds cooler) and they're black
frown.gif
I just couldn't post pics in this condition!!

then, just maybe I'll post pics... the psu is a bit out of sorts now, as I'm waiting for a few more caps to get here... but soon enough
smily_headphones1.gif

Lol! I just bought several for my new amp/DAC. I had to drive at least a block and a half to find 'em.
tongue.gif

Jan 3, 2008 at 7:01 PM Post #32 of 134
I still have my favorite vinyl somewhere, and can bring along... definitely will NOT be to everyone's liking...

this and that.

Jan 3, 2008 at 7:15 PM Post #33 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol! I just bought several for my new amp/DAC. I had to drive at least a block and a half to find 'em.
tongue.gif

I needed some of these:

IMG_0019.JPG

I posted a WTB and you didn't speak up then!
cool.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by pabbi1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still have my favorite vinyl somewhere, and can bring along... definitely will NOT be to everyone's liking...

this and that.

looks interesting... I'm up for a listen! I hope you don't mind a trip through the wash with 'em. You never know where records like that have been
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 3, 2008 at 7:39 PM Post #34 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by luvdunhill /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMG_0019.JPG

Ah, my hardware store doesn't carry the flat head cap screws, just the socket head cap screws.

That second album looks good Al.

Jan 3, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #35 of 134
All virgin vinyl, as both were played twice, once to transfer to cassette, the other straight to CD. Good time from a dark age...
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 4, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #37 of 134
Newbe here reporting from the DFW area!

I don't think that I have anything exciting to share, as I just have an 8-yr old DIY Choy amp, along with a desk version which is another DIY, a variation of this one:
HeadWize - Project: A DC-Coupled, Selectable-Gain Headphone Amplifier by Chester Simpson

I ordered and just received all parts to build my own MINI^3, and if I have time during weekends I might finish this on time for this meeting.

As for headphones, I just have the Senn 580's (just today replaced the 10-yr original cable with one from the 650) and my portable IEM, the Tripple 10's.

For source, I have an original Apple Shuffle 1G, a 2nd gen 8G Nanao, and a brand new 16G iAudio7.

Hope to see you there and learn more
biggrin.gif

Will

Jan 4, 2008 at 12:42 PM Post #38 of 134
Welcome wquiles. Come with whatever you have, but by the time you leave you'll be rearranging your finances in your head to figure out what's the best rig you can afford. We're like pushers, the first listen is free.
biggrin.gif

Jan 6, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #39 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome wquiles. Come with whatever you have, but by the time you leave you'll be rearranging your finances in your head to figure out what's the best rig you can afford. We're like pushers, the first listen is free.
biggrin.gif

That is something I am actually afraid off !!!

Will

Jan 7, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #40 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by wquiles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is something I am actually afraid off !!!

Will

Don't fear it . . . Give in. Begin to let control of your wallet go
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 7, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #42 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigizzy75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why do I always have to go back to campus right when the meets are going to be plano (sigh)

That first week of classes is so overrated...
tongue.gif

Jan 11, 2008 at 6:05 AM Post #43 of 134
I feel like I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting for this meet--man, the days pass slowly! Hoping to pin down a modest pair of SR-404's & 006t from here, in Dallas, before the 26th. Even more, can't wait to hear the Blue Hawaii & HE60's again, Pabbi1. That afternoon with plaidplatypus & your gear was something else. I don't know what I was thinking waiting 'til the last minute to get into the game.

Jan 11, 2008 at 4:13 PM Post #44 of 134
Bummer, I have to send my regrets for this one. The day job requires me to be in Japan that day. I need to win the lottery or something to rid me of the "work problem".

And I have this killer amp on a breadboard, too...
biggrin.gif
I guess the world will have to wait for the Florida fest.

Pete

Jan 11, 2008 at 4:24 PM Post #45 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by pmillett /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bummer, I have to send my regrets for this one. The day job requires me to be in Japan that day. I need to win the lottery or something to rid me of the "work problem".

And I have this killer amp on a breadboard, too...
biggrin.gif
I guess the world will have to wait for the Florida fest.

Pete

Nice avatar, Pete.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back