DFW Meet #6. January 2008! (Dallas + Ft. Worth)
Jan 11, 2008 at 6:41 PM Post #46 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by pmillett /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bummer, I have to send my regrets for this one. The day job requires me to be in Japan that day. I need to win the lottery or something to rid me of the "work problem".

And I have this killer amp on a breadboard, too...
biggrin.gif
I guess the world will have to wait for the Florida fest.

Pete

This post is useless without pics! And, not of you in Japan...
tongue.gif

Have you finally come to the dark / electrostatic side?

Jan 11, 2008 at 6:44 PM Post #47 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironman64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel like I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting for this meet--man, the days pass slowly! Hoping to pin down a modest pair of SR-404's & 006t from here, in Dallas, before the 26th. Even more, can't wait to hear the Blue Hawaii & HE60's again, Pabbi1. That afternoon with plaidplatypus & your gear was something else. I don't know what I was thinking waiting 'til the last minute to get into the game.

Well, shootout time for sure with the BH, Marc's uber KGSS, and Stave's beta22 (while not electro, still *kinda* cool...
evil_smiley.gif
)

Oh, and the darn lambda Novas came back... looking for a new home...

Anyone bringing HD650?

Alex, cable order incoming...

Jan 11, 2008 at 10:40 PM Post #48 of 134
Pete you'll be missed, but drop the amp off with Alex and we'll muddle through.
tongue.gif

I'd like to give a balanced pair of 650's another try with the β22, since I've been told how well they scale.

The new faceplates for the β22 and Opus are due in Wednesday, so they'll look good, as well as sound good for the meet.

Al, the Lambda transport is sold. Sorry, plaidplatypus bought it today. He needed a transport, because he's getting rid of his Sony DVD.

On the bright side it sounds exactly like the HiFiDIY transport, so at least you can determine whether or not you want to spend money on a dedicated transport.

Jan 12, 2008 at 4:25 AM Post #49 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Al, the Lambda transport is sold. Sorry, plaidplatypus bought it today. He needed a transport, because he's getting rid of his Sony DVD.

On the bright side it sounds exactly like the HiFiDIY transport, so at least you can determine whether or not you want to spend money on a dedicated transport.

I thought Mark was in BFE somewhere? Oh well, I mostly wanted to try that remote... :)

Jan 12, 2008 at 7:22 AM Post #50 of 134
Well, I just finished my very own mini^3 tonight, which means I will be able to take it with me to the meet later this month!!!

This is the high performance version, but with a gain of 2, since I intend to use it mainly with IEM's like my UE Tripple 10's:

IMG_3591.JPG

IMG_3592.JPG

IMG_3593.JPG

IMG_3594.JPG

IMG_3595.JPG

How does it sound? Great! Compared to my old CMoy and desktop amps, this has extremely low noise floor - I can hardly hear anything, even at max volume. I will be listening for a while to get everything burned-in, but so far I think it really sounds good!

Will

Jan 12, 2008 at 11:13 AM Post #51 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by pabbi1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought Mark was in BFE somewhere? Oh well, I mostly wanted to try that remote... :)

Al, I don't really need the remote, you can try it out. Now that Steve doesn't have to worry about the Lambda he can carry some earspeakers up to the meet right?

Jan 12, 2008 at 1:37 PM Post #52 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by plaidplatypus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Al, I don't really need the remote, you can try it out. Now that Steve doesn't have to worry about the Lambda he can carry some earspeakers up to the meet right?

I can carry whatever you want to send to the meet, within reason of coarse.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wquiles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I just finished my very own mini^3 tonight, which means I will be able to take it with me to the meet later this month!!!

Will

Will that's awesome, I've been wanting to hear one with my Denon 1001's!

Quote:

I got mixed up, he's supposed to report for duty at his new job on the day of the meet, if I remember correctly. I had December in my head instead of January.

But thanks to Mark it looks like you can check out that remote after all.
biggrin.gif

Jan 13, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #54 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasp3r /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ooo denon's...need to hear those for sure

No joke! I remember how great it was listening to the AH-D5000's via the HeadRoom and Olive Opus, I believe, last time. Man, I really enjoyed that sound.

Jan 13, 2008 at 5:02 AM Post #55 of 134
Well my AH-D2000's will be there, but don't get too excited. Even balanced...

Jan 13, 2008 at 5:05 AM Post #56 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But thanks to Mark it looks like you can check out that remote after all.
biggrin.gif

Thanks guys - Just seeing if it is a path to replacing my 840c remote while dealing with a warranty hassle, and if it is the remote or the player.

Jan 15, 2008 at 5:07 AM Post #58 of 134
"100 stackable chairs"

need more people, someone go spam the General Section! heh

Jan 15, 2008 at 5:13 AM Post #59 of 134
Unfortunately, a birthday party I can miss was scheduled that Saturday. That, and none of my amps will likely be ready from Head-Amp. Sad face all around. I was really looking forward to my first meet!

Jan 15, 2008 at 5:16 AM Post #60 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by mchang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was really looking forward to my first meet!

That's sad to hear. It would've been nice to meet you too. Maybe you should grab members, like Kasp3r & swt61, from the southern area and have a mini-meet. Aw, heck. Just invite all of us!
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Well my AH-D2000's will be there, but don't get too excited. Even balanced...

Aw, c'mon. From what I've read, a recabled AH-D2000 sounds splendid.
I know he's addressed it before, so maybe Alex can back me up on this one.

Either way, I know there's more than 10 Texans here . . . maybe we should spam the General Forum
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back