DFW Meet #6. January 2008! (Dallas + Ft. Worth)
Jan 17, 2008 at 5:01 PM Post #76 of 134
if anyone is placing an order to Mouser before the meet, I'd love to stick a few dollars worth of parts on your order to evade my "accountant".
biggrin.gif
We can settle up at the meet.

Jan 17, 2008 at 5:22 PM Post #77 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks.

You'll be able to hear the difference in SE and balanced with my β22, as it has both outputs.

Also my DAC is an Opus, but no USB input. Still you can get a good idea of the SQ. Mine is dual differential (two DAC boards) with a Zapfilter MkII discrete output stage.

Just bring the headphones you want to try, and you can get a good idea of two of your possible choices.

I also want to introduce people to the Joshua Tree stepped attenuator, I love this thing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pabbi1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, just maybe... the Balanced Millett Max with an Opus DAC, which will be at the meet...

Very cool - looking forward to the meet. I plan to be there starting at noon on Sat once I come back from my girl's gym class
wink.gif

Will

Jan 17, 2008 at 6:46 PM Post #78 of 134
swt61 at this rate, I'll have to be tied on top of your car. I hope you have rope!

Jan 17, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #79 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasp3r /img/forum/go_quote.gif
swt61 at this rate, I'll have to be tied on top of your car. I hope you have rope!

I prefer bungie cords.
tongue.gif

Jan 17, 2008 at 11:21 PM Post #81 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by shellylh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would love to attend the meet but (unfortunately) I have to work that weekend.
frown.gif

This is a damn shame - estrogen is a key component to a headphone meet...
wink.gif

Jan 19, 2008 at 5:03 AM Post #82 of 134
Thank you for the heads-up but I am working that weekend!
frown.gif

Jan 19, 2008 at 2:04 PM Post #83 of 134
What's all this work stuff? Haven't you people heard of calling in sick!
confused.gif

This is after all a Head-Fi meet, let's not let our priorities get askew.

One week and counting!
cool.gif

Jan 19, 2008 at 2:09 PM Post #84 of 134
Quote:

confused.gif

One week and counting!
cool.gif

Well said - life is all about making the right priorities
wink.gif

I am perhaps the most excited since this will be my very first Head-Fi meet. I told my wife not to make "any" plans for me for that Saturday, almost a month in advance!

Jan 19, 2008 at 6:13 PM Post #85 of 134
I finally joined the Stax crew after picking up Toddathan’s SRS-4040A. First, let me say I’m overjoyed to finally have the house sound I’ve become enamored with over the last year. But as much as I enjoy the Stax sound, I have my own critiques for this system. So I’m curious to find out at the meet how much of it can be attributed to the pairing of an amp and headphone noted for their warm tones and tapered highs.

I was hoping to bring the Zero DAC/Preamp for comparisons (from the thread that seems to occupy the front page of the amplifier forum), but I doubt it will arrive in time—maybe next time.

Headphones:
Sennheiser HD-580 (650 cable)
Stax SR-404

Amps:
Stax SRM-006t

Other:
Zero DAC/Preamp (possibly, but not likely)
TBAAM (in case anyone needs a quick USB/optical switch)

Cables:
1m Zu Oxyfuel IC (RCA)
1m Optical Toslink (POF) open to anyone who needs one if the Zero doesn’t arrive
3m generic 3.5mm-3.5mm IC
5m Stax extension cable (pro)
Sennheiser H-81435 (3.5mm) broken—somewhere one of the strands has separated, but you never know when someone might want to splice it, use the leads, etc. for parts. Free to anyone interested at the meet

Jan 19, 2008 at 7:56 PM Post #87 of 134
Quote:

confused.gif

One week and counting!
cool.gif

Yes, I postponed neck surgery (what's a little paralysis as opposed to a head-fi meet anyway?) just for this occasion... cause afterwards, I can't drive for 8 weeks - like death to a Texan...

Oh, and Alex, I am working the v3 to death - just real difficult to leave the he60 / Cambridge / BH unloved. Might even be criminal. Gotta move this thing to the workplace office, just to stop the conflict.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back