DFW Meet #6. January 2008! (Dallas + Ft. Worth)
Jan 20, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #91 of 134
Well, we're doing interviews for a position that only comes up every 5 or 10 years... and since it would be pretty difficult to buy gear without a job...
rolleyes.gif

Seriously though, I am totally bummed that I won't be able to make it! I'll try to send some estrogen your way.
smily_headphones1.gif

Those L3000s look nice!

Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's all this work stuff? Haven't you people heard of calling in sick!
confused.gif

This is after all a Head-Fi meet, let's not let our priorities get askew.

One week and counting!
cool.gif

Jan 20, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #92 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by fierce_freak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, looks like you guys are going to have some top-flight gear there...have fun!

The 580's that I bought from you will be there
icon10.gif

Jan 20, 2008 at 1:01 PM Post #93 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasp3r /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The 580's that I bought from you will be there
icon10.gif

Kasp3r don't talk to that guy, he's been seen at the park wearing a raincoat on clear days.
tongue.gif

Jan 20, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #94 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by pabbi1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, and Alex, I am working the v3 to death - just real difficult to leave the he60 / Cambridge / BH unloved. Might even be criminal. Gotta move this thing to the workplace office, just to stop the conflict.

I have an *excellent* solution to this problem, which I'm about 90% finished implementing on my KGSS. I'm very, very impressed so far. Anyways, you'll see it at the meet
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 21, 2008 at 12:17 AM Post #95 of 134
Now, this I gotta see - oh, my aching wallet.

There has been a really disturbing development - I'm finding the MillettMaximus, with Alex's cable (HD600) more, uh, FUN than my stats.
confused.gif

Oh, and I have a really HEAVY box for you - filled with BIG finned aluminum.

Now, if Alex would just build out his BH...
tongue.gif

Jan 21, 2008 at 1:34 AM Post #96 of 134
Quote:

There has been a really disturbing development - I'm finding the MillettMaximus, with Alex's cable (HD600) more, uh, FUN than my stats.
confused.gif

Oh, and I have a really HEAVY box for you - filled with BIG finned aluminum.

Now, if Alex would just build out his BH...
tongue.gif

Or you sell off all of the electrostatic equipment and make room for the new monster project!
biggrin.gif

-Alex-

Jan 21, 2008 at 3:11 AM Post #97 of 134
Quote:

only about $80
smily_headphones1.gif
Problem is it's rejecting all my unbalanced sources now... Works great with my balanced source. Problem is, it's a lose-lose to break in new equipment using a turntable as source
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 21, 2008 at 2:38 PM Post #98 of 134
Quote:

confused.gif

Wait a second. Is the "MilletMaximus" in reference to this beautiful looking machinery?

Jan 21, 2008 at 9:13 PM Post #99 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironman64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait a second. Is the "MilletMaximus" in reference to this beautiful looking machinery?

Yep, that is she - a fetching wench. And, LOTs of fun.

Jan 21, 2008 at 10:31 PM Post #100 of 134
something popped up on Audiogon that I'm going to try and get before the meet. Contacting the guy, asked for him to call me, so we'll see how it goes. Good thing is that the item is in Houston
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

wait, I never posted my gear?
icon10.gif

edit: anyone coming to the meet from Houston that might be willing to help broker a deal if need be?

Jan 22, 2008 at 5:19 PM Post #102 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by luvdunhill /img/forum/go_quote.gif
edit: anyone coming to the meet from Houston that might be willing to help broker a deal if need be?

^^ bump ^^

any Houston-ites coming up to Dallas, or Austin head-fi-ers that might be there this week?

Jan 22, 2008 at 8:42 PM Post #103 of 134
Alex:

They new SR-007 cable arrived today from Japan. Not surprising, they changed those tiny foil connectors to be much more robust, insulated wire connectors. Obviously, this makes installation 1,000x easier. I may try my hand at it before Saturday, or bring it along. With all the DIY madness, someone should have a soldering station at the meet in case anything goes awry
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 22, 2008 at 11:33 PM Post #104 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by luvdunhill /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With all the DIY madness, someone should have a soldering station at the meet in case anything goes awry
smily_headphones1.gif

Word.

Will anyone be there, well, except Steve, that WON'T have a soldering iron and dmm?

I'll bring mine for sure, as we have to solder a few hp connectors...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back