DFW Meet #4. January 2007! (Dallas + Ft. Worth)
Dec 24, 2006 at 4:25 PM Post #31 of 161
Hi all,

I just noticed Peter Millet is on your attendee list. Looks like it's going to be a great meet. I'd be really interested in impressions of Steve's modded Zhaolu.

Merry Christmas (Happy Holidays),

~Renato

Dec 24, 2006 at 11:01 PM Post #32 of 161
Renato I'll make sure that everyone knows that I encourage them to take it and plug it into their system. I'd like them to hear it with their own familiar gear as well as my system. I'll have extra single ended and balanced cables on hand too.

Dec 26, 2006 at 2:00 AM Post #33 of 161
Ah i missed the Austin one very disappointed about that. I would like to go but I live in Austin and I dont have a car lol. Good luck to you guys.

Dec 26, 2006 at 7:47 PM Post #34 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasp3r /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah i missed the Austin one very disappointed about that. I would like to go but I live in Austin and I dont have a car lol. Good luck to you guys.

As I posted I'm driving through Austin if you're in need of a lift.

Dec 27, 2006 at 12:48 AM Post #35 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As I posted I'm driving through Austin if you're in need of a lift.

If you're up for it, ill gladly take up on the offer. Ill be glad to help pay for gas or something. As i a newbie i dont have much to offer to this meet,I just started saving up the past month or so, it be neat to check out other head-fiers setups.

Tho if anyone is selling any used headphones, or source equipment let me know
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 27, 2006 at 1:35 AM Post #36 of 161
Quote:

If you're up for it, ill gladly take up on the offer. Ill be glad to help pay for gas or something. As i a newbie i dont have much to offer to this meet,I just started saving up the past month or so, it be neat to check out other head-fiers setups.

Tho if anyone is selling any used headphones, or source equipment let me know
smily_headphones1.gif

I have been trying to sell my HD280s for months.

If you are going with swt61 you'll have to get a room at the Holiday Inn(?) for a couple nights or curl up underneath an overpass somewhere.

Dec 27, 2006 at 2:03 AM Post #37 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by plaidplatypus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you are going with swt61 you'll have to get a room at the Holiday Inn(?) for a couple nights or curl up underneath an overpass somewhere.

How much would you suppose it would cost?

Dec 27, 2006 at 3:14 AM Post #38 of 161
Quote:

LOL, yeah that's true, I forgot to clarify that.

Dec 27, 2006 at 3:17 AM Post #39 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL, yeah that's true, I forgot to clarify that.

How many nights do you plan to stay there? I may have to sleep in a truck bed haha

Dec 27, 2006 at 9:28 AM Post #41 of 161
Quote:

This is somewhat off topic but I don't use PayPal and would like to become a contributing member to Head-Fi. I feel that I've used Head-Fi enough that I need to give something back... OK, I really want the Headroom discount!
evil_smiley.gif

More info here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/announcement.php?f=32

swt61: I am going to drive through there today and see where I can find what motel/hotel and let you know.

-Alex-

Dec 27, 2006 at 1:49 PM Post #42 of 161
Quote:

How many nights do you plan to stay there? I may have to sleep in a truck bed haha

The night before and the night of the meet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
swt61: I am going to drive through there today and see where I can find what motel/hotel and let you know.-Alex-

Thanks Alex.

Dec 27, 2006 at 8:18 PM Post #43 of 161
I am 90 percent sure I will be attending. I will bring the following:

Cans:
Grado SR325i
Sennheiser HD580 (ballanced plugs on 580 cable, 650 cable)

Amps:
Little Dot Micro Tube
Shellbrook Maxi

Source/amp:
Benchmark Dac1

Dec 28, 2006 at 2:31 AM Post #44 of 161
I found 2 places. They are both very close to the place of the meet. One is the Extended Stay Hotel and the other is a Holiday Inn. Both are located off of Dallas Pkwy just like the place of the meet itself. It is only 2 streets south of the meet location. The intersection for both is Parker and Dallas Pkwy.

As far cheaper places like motels you will not find in that area. You can go East a little and there are plenty to choose from right off of US75 (highway). I can easily give directions to these.

-Alex-

Dec 28, 2006 at 3:06 AM Post #45 of 161
Nice, been anxious to check out the new Little Dot Micro Tube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back