DFW Meet #4. January 2007! (Dallas + Ft. Worth)
Nov 30, 2006 at 11:23 PM Post #16 of 161
I am there.

GEAR

Cans...
Grado SR-225
Grado RS-2
AKG K701

Amps...
Darkvoice THD-336i (Retubed)
XP Amp (Built by Mister X)

Sources...
Onkyo DV-S939 DVD Player
iRiver iHP-120 (Rockboxed)
Dell Inspriron e1705 Laptop / Edirol UA-25

Ok so basically everything in my sig.
I'll also be bringing my Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin CD Box Sets
Maybe a few other cds to try out.

Dec 4, 2006 at 7:43 AM Post #17 of 161
I hope to make my first meet. I wish I could have made the Austin one, but oh well. Just have to talk the wife into taking the trip to DFW. Since I am a noob, I only have my CMoy and my 501's. Hope to get my M3 built by then and maybe some new cans as well.

Dec 4, 2006 at 11:53 PM Post #18 of 161
Just got my new Oberon Audio CDT-1 CD player today. Unfortunately I have to leave in the morning for 2 weeks. It sounds great from first impressions though, and is built very solid. I'll of coarse be bringing it to the meet for evaluation. This CDP is not well known yet, but I think that may change soon.

Dec 5, 2006 at 6:31 PM Post #19 of 161
I sure hope someone might be able to make it to the meet with some of the higher end Grados like the PS-1, HP1, HP2 or GS-1000. I've been DYING to hear theses.

I'm trying to get another source to bring with me as well. Last year I had the Archos AV500. Hopefully if the timing works out well, I'll be bringing the Cowon A2 this year. Yeah I'm a sucker for PMP's.

Dec 9, 2006 at 6:07 AM Post #20 of 161
Count me as a definite maybe. I never know for sure when I have to travel on business.

If I can make it, I can bring all kinds of things...

Wheatfield HA-1, HA-2, HA-4
AKG K1000 SRPP amp, the *original* Millett hybrid prototype, bunch o' Headroom amps. K-1000's, etc., etc....

Pete

Dec 19, 2006 at 5:23 AM Post #21 of 161
Im in!

Ill Bring L3000's if i still have them
smily_headphones1.gif

might also tag along maxxed PPA and a pair of KSC-75s

Dec 21, 2006 at 11:19 PM Post #23 of 161
Really looking forward to hearing all the great electrostat gear that will be there. I have given away my Sony XA20ES CDP and JA20ES MD player. I also sold the Sony MDR-V6's. But I'll be there with my new CDP and everything else I have listed.
Al or Alex is the Blue Hawaii going to be ready? I really want to hear Al's new McAlister amp too. Will they both be able to play Senns. and Stax? It'll be interesting to compare to Rob's delectable ES-1. Hey Alex do you know the name of the Hotel that's just down the road from the library? Across from the strip mall, and McDonald's on the corner of North Dallas Pkwy. and Windhaven Pkwy. It seems like it was a Holiday Inn. It would be very convenient.

Dec 22, 2006 at 3:18 AM Post #25 of 161
There will be 2 sets of HE60 and 2 sets of Omega 2 (as long as both Rob and Al come to the meet). I am looking over Al's Blue Hawaii now I am guessing it will be up and running this weekend and I will start mine in the new year and hope to also have it done by the time of the meet (Maybe no nice case). I will drive by there as I do remember a few hotels being around there and I will let you guys know.

-Alex-

Dec 22, 2006 at 4:51 AM Post #26 of 161
Very cool. I'm really interested in hearing the HE60's out of the other amps, as I only had the opportunity to hear yours from the HA70 last meet, which made it impossible to compare them to the Omega's. Sounds like you and Al have made some major gear changes. I'm also looking forward to hearing your CDP again, I'm guessing you have it cased by now. Thanks for checking on the Hotel/Motel situation too. I don't need anything fancy, just a place to crash for 2 nights, hopefully closer than the one I stayed in last time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by plaidplatypus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
swt61, let me know what you find out. I'll need a place to stay if I go too.

If you want to leave your car at home and ride with me I'll be passing through S.A. on my way, and it would be no bother. I plan on getting there the day before and leaving the day after, so 2 nights.

Dec 22, 2006 at 6:23 AM Post #27 of 161
I've been lurking around for a while, finally made an account, and I'm definitely glad to see there's a meet coming up soon in DFW! I'm excited!
I'll bring:

cans:
Koss KSC75
Sennheiser CX300, with multiple sets of UE tips

amp:
CMoy (hopefully my cousin will have the time to build it by then, not sure yet..)

sources:
iPod mini 4 GB 2nd gen
Microsoft Zune 30 GB

PS: High probability that I'll buy myself a new pair of IEMs for xmas, I'll reply later with what I end up getting
600smile.gif

Dec 22, 2006 at 2:21 PM Post #28 of 161
Oh that reminds me:

I can also bring my Kramer Modded Quarter Modded Sharpie Modded SPC Recables KSC75's
icon10.gif

Dec 23, 2006 at 11:32 PM Post #29 of 161
We'll see about the McAlister, as it's been bouncing in Canadian customs / UPS for almost a month... but, I'll guess it SHOULD be ready for the meet. If I wasn't such a bonehead (to be documented in glorious detail later), the Blue Hawaii would already be up and running, and I'd be shopping for better tubes.

Dec 24, 2006 at 1:02 PM Post #30 of 161
Things are a little rough for me right now as some of you may have already read about, but I plan on being at this meet. I'm sure by that time I'll be more than ready for the distraction from everyday life that these events hold. I'll be driving up from Port Aransas. My usuall route is through S.A., Austin and Waco, but anyone close who may want a ride is more than welcome. I have room for 3 others, 4 if you don't mind scootchin' close in the back seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back