DEVA Pro with Bluemini R2R--Combining the Best of the HIFIMAN Latest Developments
Jun 2, 2022 at 9:34 AM Post #211 of 354
I went through this same process of confusion and research. This is the cable I ended up buying. It works perfectly. I have it terminated to a 4.4mm.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNwX2KE
I'm new to this topic but as far as I've read, the only chance to wire the Deva or Deva Pro in balanced mode is a cable that uses a 3,5 mm TRRS output on one side (single sided, only left socket). So I am not sure that this cable could work balanced, or does it?

(sorry for my Englisch, I'm not a native speaker)

Jun 2, 2022 at 10:25 AM Post #212 of 354
I'm new to this topic but as far as I've read, the only chance to wire the Deva or Deva Pro in balanced mode is a cable that uses a 3,5 mm TRRS output on one side (single sided, only left socket). So I am not sure that this cable could work balanced, or does it?

(sorry for my Englisch, I'm not a native speaker)
It is different for Deva and Deva Pro.
For the former your only option is to use a cable that has a 3.5mm balanced TRRS plug on one side and a balanced cable of your choice to the other side.

For the Deva Pro you can use the same cable but you can also use a regular cable with two mono 3.5mm plugs that ends in a balanced plug of your choice to the other side.

Jun 2, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #213 of 354
It is different for Deva and Deva Pro.
For the former your only option is to use a cable that has a 3.5mm balanced TRRS plug on one side and a balanced cable of your choice to the other side.

For the Deva Pro you can use the same cable but you can also use a regular cable with two mono 3.5mm plugs that ends in a balanced plug of your choice to the other side.
Thanks for the answer but: Are your sure? Because at https://store.hifiman.com/index.php/deva-pro.html they say "The socket can accomodate both dual-sided unbalanced 3.5mm cable and a single-sided 3.5mm balanced cable [...]" and I always thought that means that any wire with dual endings can not be balanced concerning the Deva Pro.

Sorry for asking but I'm looking for a balanced wire for the Deva Pro myself and it is almost impossible to get a single ended 3.5mm TRRS cable that is fitting my needs. And it probably would make things easier if the dual side-option would work but I am concerned it does not.

Jun 2, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #214 of 354
Thanks for the answer but: Are your sure? Because at https://store.hifiman.com/index.php/deva-pro.html they say "The socket can accomodate both dual-sided unbalanced 3.5mm cable and a single-sided 3.5mm balanced cable [...]" and I always thought that means that any wire with dual endings can not be balanced concerning the Deva Pro.

Sorry for asking but I'm looking for a balanced wire for the Deva Pro myself and it is almost impossible to get a single ended 3.5mm TRRS cable that is fitting my needs. And it probably would make things easier if the dual side-option would work but I am concerned it does not.
IMG_20220602_180706.jpg

Jun 2, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #217 of 354
I'd still be wary of it -- how many different balanced amps have you confirmed it to work with correctly and which ones specifically, if you don't mind me asking? 😅
Too many to mention.
Everything works perfectly, the wiring is the standard of the industry.
If it doesn't work is because of the wrong wiring in the amp and not the Deva but as I said I never encountered such issue

Jun 2, 2022 at 5:51 PM Post #218 of 354
Too many to mention.
Everything works perfectly, the wiring is the standard of the industry.
If it doesn't work is because of the wrong wiring in the amp and not the Deva but as I said I never encountered such issue
Have you (or anyone else) ever tried the Qudelix 5K with the Deva Pro? Because with an unbalanced cable it sounds just fine for me (with some EQ even better than the Bluemini R2R for my taste) with the Deva Pro.
Also the Qudelix allows the Pause/Next Track/Previous Track and Volume-Controls the Bluemini is lacking so I am thinking about selling the Bluemini R2R and keeping the Qudelix. I know: It is a little strange to take a all-in-one-solution appart and mix the Deva Pro with a different mobile Amp instead of taking the one, it is shipped with. But as I said, the Qudelix sounds quite well for me and offers some nice extras.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2022 at 12:50 AM Post #220 of 354
Have you (or anyone else) ever tried the Qudelix 5K with the Deva Pro? Because with an unbalanced cable it sounds just fine for me (with some EQ even better than the Bluemini R2R for my taste) with the Deva Pro.
Also the Qudelix allows the Pause/Next Track/Previous Track and Volume-Controls the Bluemini is lacking so I am thinking about selling the Bluemini R2R and keeping the Qudelix. I know: It is a little strange to take a all-in-one-solution appart and mix the Deva Pro with a different mobile Amp instead of taking the one, it is shipped with. But as I said, the Qudelix sounds quite well for me and offers some nice extras.
I haven't tried the Qudelix but hey, why not use the solution you like the best? As long as you don't have problem with the cable then it should be fine.

Jun 3, 2022 at 8:17 AM Post #221 of 354
I use my 5K with the OG Deva all the time, and it sounds great, but I have a balanced cable.

Jun 3, 2022 at 4:59 PM Post #222 of 354
I use my 5K with the OG Deva all the time, and it sounds great, but I have a balanced cable.
Perfect - can you tell me which cable you are using? That would be a great help.

Because I love the idea to use it balanced and single ended with the 3.5 TRRS but I am completely confused with the differnet wiring/pinouts. I only know the wiring/pinout of the 5K is supposed to be R- R+ L+ L- and I've read in a forum that the Deva have L+ R+ L- R- so I thought that a simple wire that connects one to another won't work? Or am I completly wrong and everything is much easier?

Jun 4, 2022 at 8:03 AM Post #223 of 354
Perfect - can you tell me which cable you are using? That would be a great help.

Because I love the idea to use it balanced and single ended with the 3.5 TRRS but I am completely confused with the differnet wiring/pinouts. I only know the wiring/pinout of the 5K is supposed to be R- R+ L+ L- and I've read in a forum that the Deva have L+ R+ L- R- so I thought that a simple wire that connects one to another won't work? Or am I completly wrong and everything is much easier?
I bought a cable from Hart Audio so I have the options for different terminations without needing adapters. They make great stuff! AFAIK the pro has the same option for a TRRS cable, with the difference of also being able to use dual 3.5 plugs that I don't have on my OG version. The website doesn't contradict that, and I'm not sure why they'd use something non-standard. Also keep in mind the wiring of the TRRS plug is different than the 2.5 balanced end. But long story short, mine works fine.

Jun 4, 2022 at 2:11 PM Post #224 of 354
I bought a cable from Hart Audio so I have the options for different terminations without needing adapters. They make great stuff! AFAIK the pro has the same option for a TRRS cable, with the difference of also being able to use dual 3.5 plugs that I don't have on my OG version. The website doesn't contradict that, and I'm not sure why they'd use something non-standard. Also keep in mind the wiring of the TRRS plug is different than the 2.5 balanced end. But long story short, mine works fine.
Thank you - Hart Audio is often mentioned when it comes to cables, but as I am situated in Germany, I hope there are alternatives here es well. Or maybe I will give it a try.

"Also keep in mind the wiring of the TRRS plug is different than the 2.5 balanced end."
That ist exactly the point I'm not getting yet. How do I know, if the wiring of the plugs from the cable are fitting for the Deva (Pro) 3,5mm TRRS and the K5 2,5mm TRRS? Is it just trial and error or is there any hint?

For example: How do I know if this cable would work?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/325...12000023689553375!sea&gatewayAdapt=4itemAdapt

Jun 4, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #225 of 354
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back