DEVA Pro with Bluemini R2R--Combining the Best of the HIFIMAN Latest Developments
Apr 19, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #196 of 345
Est-ce que tu ne serais pas plus en sécurité avec des intras comme les Final ZE3000 (je vois que tu les as dans ta signature)
Tu aurais une qualité d'écoute, tu entendrais ton environnement et ca ne serait pas pousse au crime comme un Deva que je possède d'ailleurs mais qui est immanquable par ses dimensions ...
Ou sinon un UX3000 que je te conseilles tout autant par son agréable signature même si fermé tu ne serais pas complètement déconnecté.
Sinon le Deva n'est pas un casque fragile mais je parle des parties plastiques, pour le simili-cuir il faut faire attention.
Merci @BlueA !
The ZE3000 are too closed, too isolating for my purpose. I think the same would go for the UX3000. I have the on-ear VK-X, but I need something totally open. I don’t even trust the ambient mode on ANC-capable gear, as they won’t necessarily amplify all of the frequencies I need to be aware of.
I’m not too worried of someone snatching them from my head, dogs have a pretty chilling effect on thieves especially when they look little wolves. That would be a sad day though.

May 7, 2022 at 6:32 PM Post #198 of 345
I got my bluemini replaced at the local dealer yesterday. New one is perfect and doesn't have the same weird noise/static coming from the left earcup. The staff thinks it might be some sort of grounding issue on my original bluemini, but anyway they will send it back to Hifiman to check.
Hi, I am having problems with the Bluemini and want to hear other owners opinions. I am new to this forum and I am not native English speaker so please excuse if my English is not clear.

I bought Diva Pro but had to return twice due to the Bluemini problems similar to mentioned here. First one had very obvious crackly sounds via Bluemini so I immediately returned and purchased another. Then the second one had this annoying static noise which is exactly like described in this thread. I had to return this right after the purchase again.
Last week I received my third headphones and this time it sounded fine without any problems.

However I have just noticed another weird thing with the sound via Bluemini. When I turn down the volume very small, as small as you can just manage to hear, I can hear this very distorted music sound coming only from the right side.
I already had a lot of trouble with the Bluemini I am weary of this weird condition. I tried it with different devices(Pixel 6 pro, MotoG and iPad) and different codecs(SBC, AAC, aptX, aptXHD and LDAC) and they made no difference.
I also tried USB connection and the same problem happened so it seems not a bluetooth problem but DAC problem?
When it is wire connected there are no problems mentioned above.

I am also a bit concerned about the rather loud cracking noise comes after “power on/off” voice when I turn on/off the power. Is this normal??
I started having doubt that the Bluemini has quality control issue…
Or am I just very unlucky??
Any comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.

19/June/2022 update
I asked Hifiman for the replacement and received another Bluemini. I am happy to report that all issues are resolved. The new unit also has no static noise between the tracks. Now I am happy with this headphones!

12/September/2022 update 2
Unfortunately the same problems started over the time so I wrote a long email to Hifiman to report the issue. I also posted about the problems later on this thread...

Last edited:
May 10, 2022 at 4:53 AM Post #199 of 345
Hi, I am having problems with the Bluemini and want to hear other owners opinions. I am new to this forum and I am not native English speaker so please excuse if my English is not clear.

I bought Diva Pro but had to return twice due to the Bluemini problems similar to mentioned here. First one had very obvious crackly sounds via Bluemini so I immediately returned and purchased another. Then the second one had this annoying static noise which is exactly like described in this thread. I had to return this right after the purchase again.
Last week I received my third headphones and this time it sounded fine without any problems.

However I have just noticed another weird thing with the sound via Bluemini. When I turn down the volume very small, as small as you can just manage to hear, I can hear this very distorted music sound coming only from the right side.
I already had a lot of trouble with the Bluemini I am weary of this weird condition. I tried it with different devices(Pixel 6 pro, MotoG and iPad) and different codecs(SBC, AAC, aptX, aptXHD and LDAC) and they made no difference.
I also tried USB connection and the same problem happened so it seems not a bluetooth problem but DAC problem?
When it is wire connected there are no problems mentioned above.

I am also a bit concerned about the rather loud cracking noise comes after “power on/off” voice when I turn on/off the power. Is this normal??
I started having doubt that the Bluemini has quality control issue…
Or am I just very unlucky??
Any comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.
Hi there, sorry to hear that. If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at customerservice@hifiman.com, we will always be there at your service.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
May 10, 2022 at 5:38 AM Post #200 of 345
Hi there, sorry to hear that. If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at customerservice@hifiman.com, we will always be there at your service.
Hi, I have already emailed to the customer service and mentioned it. At the moment the sound is not affected when listening with normal volume so I decided to keep using it as it is. It already took a few weeks to solve my initial problems so I would rather keep using it for now. if the problem get worse in the future I will contact the customer service. Thanks for your response.

19/June/2022 update
I asked Hifiman for the replacement and received another Bluemini. I am happy to report that all issues are resolved. The new unit also has no static noise between the tracks. Now I am happy with this headphones!

Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 10:18 PM Post #201 of 345
Hey guys! Here is my review of HifiMan Deva Pro including the Bluemini R2R module. Let me know if you have any questions for me. Cheers! :D

HifiMan Deva Pro + DROP THX AAA 789 Linear Amp.jpg

May 14, 2022 at 12:39 AM Post #202 of 345
Hey guys! Here is my review of HifiMan Deva Pro including the Bluemini R2R module. Let me know if you have any questions for me. Cheers! :D

HifiMan Deva Pro + DROP THX AAA 789 Linear Amp.jpg

Very nice, This largely concurs with my observations using the Deva Pro Wired. In comparison to my pre-MassDrop HD650s they’re more open and present a deeper, broader sound stage. I agree that they lack a bit of detail in comparison but it seems like a good compromise to me for the improved openness. Personally, I think the Deva Pro has a slightly more robust bass than the HD650 but by a hair and I prefer the Deva Pro’s treatment of the mids generally. Depending on your personal taste the Deva Pro could be a nice upgrade from the HD650 or an interesting side-grade with a warmer, wider profile.

On fit and build I also agree. They aren’t especially cheap feeling but they aren’t premium feeling either. They’re comfortable but they do tend to slip around a bit due to the low-ish clamp force. I don’t know how much the Bluemini R2R weighs, but I’d be weary of it unbalancing an already somewhat unstable set.

Overall I’d recommend them, especially at Hifiman’s open box prices. They typically have both the wired and wireless versions of the Deva Pro on their site at a decent discount from MSRP.

May 15, 2022 at 6:17 AM Post #203 of 345
Have you tried connecting it to an Android phone with a USB cable?
When I do it I get a nasty volume limit.
I can't raise the volume higher than a given limit and it is very lower than the Bluetooth connection.
I tried USB connection with some android phones and the volume was much lower than the bluetooth connection as you mentioned. I also tried it my Mac mini USB port and the volume was sufficient probably louder than bluetooth connection. I wonder why...

May 15, 2022 at 6:27 AM Post #204 of 345
Hello guys. Wanted to tell you that I had to return my Deva Pros today sadly. It looks like mine had an issue with the Bluemini. In BT mode the sound cracked for a second or two when I pressed play, and then when I stopped playing they made a weird noise and then a pretty loud beep (tried with PC, phone and laptop, all with the same result). I also tried using the Bluemini in wired mode with my PC and laptop and experienced the same cracking noise in addition to loud static when nothing was playing. Non of these issues happen when in normal wired mode. Contacted Hifiman support and they told me non of this should be happening.

Has anyone else experienced something similar?
Hi, I had the noise problem with the bluemini too. I had to return it twice because I had the noise issue with the sound from the bluemini. when the headphones are connected with normal wire there was no problem. Now I am using my third pair of headphones and it is working fine apart from minor issue with very low volume. I wrote about it in this thread.

May 15, 2022 at 7:20 AM Post #205 of 345
I tried USB connection with some android phones and the volume was much lower than the bluetooth connection as you mentioned. I also tried it my Mac mini USB port and the volume was sufficient probably louder than bluetooth connection. I wonder why...
I think it is because it can't bypass the Android internal volume control.

May 19, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #206 of 345
After a couple of months using the Deva Pro, I'm still very happy with the sound quality and comfort.

The main negative point is the vague battery level info. It works in steps of 20% (20 - 40 - 60 - 80 - 100), i.e. just 5 steps.

When charging and discharging, the indicator stays at 80% for most of the time. Charging time is slow compared to other devices I have.

Below 60%, the battery level drops quite quickly. When it reaches 20%, the headphone can no longer be used, as there is a warning beep every 30 seconds or so.

For a headphone meant for indoor use, this is not a big deal (you can continue listening while charging), but it should be improved.

Last edited:
May 20, 2022 at 6:57 AM Post #207 of 345
After a couple of months using the Deva Pro, I'm still very happy with the sound quality and comfort.

The main negative point is the vague battery level info. It works in steps of 20% (20 - 40 - 60 - 80 - 100), i.e. just 5 steps.

When charging and discharging, the indicator stays at 80% for most of the time. Charging time is slow compared to other devices I have.

Below 60%, the battery level drops quite quickly. When it reaches 20%, the headphone can no longer be used, as there is a warning beep every 30 seconds or so.

For a headphone meant for indoor use, this is not a big deal (you can continue listening while charging), but it should be improved.
Just an fyi, when the Bluemini starts beeping you don't actually have 20% battery left, regardless of what the visual indicator suggests. Not even CLOSE actually. It lasts about another maybe five minutes or so AT MOST after the beeping starts before it just dies completely.

Its battery life indicator is mostly worthless, though with it only having ≈6-7 hours of total battery life w/ proper hard-locked LDAC 990kbps anyways, I really don't find it a big deal in the slightest, but that's just me.

May 26, 2022 at 1:26 PM Post #208 of 345
Hi, I want to buy a balanced cable for Deva Pro.
I am new to audio and the balanced cable options are very confusing so hope someone can help me out.

I own Fiio KA3(dongle type USB dac/amp) and it has a 4.4mm balanced output.
So which of the following cables is the right one for balanced connection for Deva Pro?
Or can I connect it balanced in both ways?

Option 1
4.4mm TRRRS to dual 3.5mm TRS(separately goes to both ear cups)
Option 2
4.4mm TRRRS to 3.5mm TRRS(from tip to sleeve L+R+L-R-) into left side cup.

Any advice is appreciated.

May 26, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #209 of 345
Hi, I want to buy a balanced cable for Deva Pro.
I am new to audio and the balanced cable options are very confusing so hope someone can help me out.

I own Fiio KA3(dongle type USB dac/amp) and it has a 4.4mm balanced output.
So which of the following cables is the right one for balanced connection for Deva Pro?
Or can I connect it balanced in both ways?

Option 1
4.4mm TRRRS to dual 3.5mm TRS(separately goes to both ear cups)
Option 2
4.4mm TRRRS to 3.5mm TRRS(from tip to sleeve L+R+L-R-) into left side cup.

Any advice is appreciated.

I went through this same process of confusion and research. This is the cable I ended up buying. It works perfectly. I have it terminated to a 4.4mm.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNwX2KE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back