Dethonray Pegasus SG1 - BT DAC/Amp Combo
Dec 27, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #586 of 699
Hi I just got the SG1 but I do not hear any sound when I connect my headphones to it. I confirmed that it is connected to bluetooth of my phone and song is playing but I can't hear anything. I am using Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro connected to 3.5mmm output. Battery indicator is showing green as well and bluetooth is solid blue. I also tried the balanced output with other headphone and could not hear anything with that as well. Volume on my phone is at maximum.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2023 at 9:27 AM Post #587 of 699
Have you turned it off and on with the headphones plugged in? I’ve had this happen before. Also switch between high and low gain.

Dec 28, 2023 at 9:40 AM Post #588 of 699
Edit: Sorry wrong quote

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2023 at 9:41 AM Post #589 of 699
Hi I just got the SG1 but I do not hear any sound when I connect my headphones to it. I confirmed that it is connected to bluetooth of my phone and song is playing but I can't hear anything. I am using Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro connected to 3.5mmm output. Battery indicator is showing green as well and bluetooth is solid blue. I also tried the balanced output with other headphone and could not hear anything with that as well. Volume on my phone is at maximum.
From my experience with the SG1 this usually happens on two occasions:

1. Some unwanted multi pairing problems going on, that the SG1 is not (properly) capable of. In this case, first switch off the BT of all other devices around you, except of the one you would like to connect to. Then delete all current BT connections of the SG1 by pressing the play and forward button the same time, until the SG1 blinks. Then pair your device again!

2. The SG1 for some reason is not properly charged. Sometimes it shows full or half full battery, but would still play no sound. In this case it helps to charge the SG1 again for a while and try again.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2023 at 11:50 AM Post #590 of 699
I tried to charge and then it started working even though the light was always green even before. Have not tested for long. But one thing I noticed that even on high gain the volume is lower than expected for a dedicated amplifier. It is even lower than my LG G8 which is a phone. It cannot drive my DT770 Pro 80 to the same levels as G8 which is quite disappointing that a dedicated amplifier cannot even beat a phone.

Dec 28, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #591 of 699
I tried to charge and then it started working even though the light was always green even before. Have not tested for long. But one thing I noticed that even on high gain the volume is lower than expected for a dedicated amplifier. It is even lower than my LG G8 which is a phone. It cannot drive my DT770 Pro 80 to the same levels as G8 which is quite disappointing that a dedicated amplifier cannot even beat a phone.
You have exact problems as you had with the AK pa10, is it coincidence or you're just trolling these threads?

Dec 28, 2023 at 1:12 PM Post #592 of 699
You have exact problems as you had with the AK pa10, is it coincidence or you're just trolling these threads?
No these two products are literal disappointment for me so much that I probably will not spend any money on a dedicated source. Some people were always against that, saying that spending money on sources is waste and you are better off with a cheap dongle as they sound mostly same. But I still went ahead and purchased these two weird amplifiers one of which PA10 was not charging at all with a low power charger even though I have never witnessed anything like this and the other SG1 was literally showing charged with green light on and still not sound and when I used it with the same DT770 PRO 80 it was way underpowered compared to G8. These two actually have made me realized how good G8 really is and how you should not underestimate the old equipment and overestimate the shiny new thing. Anyone who has G8 can compare it with SG1 and confirm that single ended quite powerless compare to G8 and it's low gain is comically low. Should have spent $1000 on headphones. Lesson for others.

Dec 28, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #594 of 699
Get the gold model.

Dec 28, 2023 at 6:17 PM Post #596 of 699
Lol, don’t blame ya.

Dec 28, 2023 at 6:23 PM Post #597 of 699
Yep, those are typical problems with the SG1. As I and others have written before, the SG1 is more of a "nerd device" for those who like its charm and can live with its faults. If you want to get a slick user experience (and also more driving power) you better go with BTR7 or similar...just sound will be a bit more neutral and less warm.

Dec 29, 2023 at 6:47 AM Post #598 of 699
No these two products are literal disappointment for me so much that I probably will not spend any money on a dedicated source. Some people were always against that, saying that spending money on sources is waste and you are better off with a cheap dongle as they sound mostly same. But I still went ahead and purchased these two weird amplifiers one of which PA10 was not charging at all with a low power charger even though I have never witnessed anything like this and the other SG1 was literally showing charged with green light on and still not sound and when I used it with the same DT770 PRO 80 it was way underpowered compared to G8. These two actually have made me realized how good G8 really is and how you should not underestimate the old equipment and overestimate the shiny new thing. Anyone who has G8 can compare it with SG1 and confirm that single ended quite powerless compare to G8 and it's low gain is comically low. Should have spent $1000 on headphones. Lesson for others.
A new SG1 must be charged for more than 3 hours when it arrives to ensure the new battery is working properly.
Besides you say the output power is not as good as your LG G8, is the volume on your phone running at low level? Since the SG1 has a 2 vrms output, it's unlikely that volume requirements will not be met.

Dec 29, 2023 at 7:49 PM Post #599 of 699
A new SG1 must be charged for more than 3 hours when it arrives to ensure the new battery is working properly.
Besides you say the output power is not as good as your LG G8, is the volume on your phone running at low level? Since the SG1 has a 2 vrms output, it's unlikely that volume requirements will not be met.
The volume of the phone is at maximum. This was also very surprising for me as well. But LG G8 also puts out close to 2 VRMS on High impedance load. SG1 being a dedicated amplifier should be more powerful but not from my experience even though officially it puts out at 2.8 VRMS which should be more than G8.

Dec 29, 2023 at 8:51 PM Post #600 of 699
Ping anson@dethonray.com. he will help you.
I have sg1 and gold. Sg1 could drive HD650 very well, 300ohm 103dB, If DT770 is even harder than HD650. Gold is a better choice.
G8 output is 2Vrms, is this no load test? 2Vrms could drive most of the headphones, how about the battery life when connect dt770 pro?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back