Dethonray Pegasus SG1 - BT DAC/Amp Combo
Jul 19, 2023 at 7:23 PM Post #527 of 700
I don't use an iPhone. But for BTR7 & UP5, I find my Android phones Galaxy s23 Ultra & LG V60 in LDAC codec better than AAC codec, and the difference is more evident with high quality files.
Android phones support LDAC
iPhones only support AAC & SBC

S23 ultra settings:

Screenshot_20230720_021237_Settings.jpg

Jul 20, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #528 of 700
I don't use an iPhone. But for BTR7 & UP5, I find my Android phones Galaxy s23 Ultra & LG V60 in LDAC codec better than AAC codec, and the difference is more evident with high quality files.
Android phones support LDAC
iPhones only support AAC & SBC

S23 ultra settings:

Blind tested of course.

Jul 29, 2023 at 4:58 AM Post #532 of 700
I have used Sennheiser's USB Bluetooth dongle, but the power consumption of the mobile phone is high. The simplest, most practical, and stable way is to pair it with an iPhone. lol
Exactly, the Sennheiser dongle is not worth the trade off.
Simple is best imo, hence I recommend either pair Audio player Or phone alone with the SG1

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2023 at 1:12 AM Post #533 of 700
Have anybody pairing sg1 Gold with their Tender1 ? it also sound incredible, very smooth and layaring with big soundstage presentation. before i think the tender1 is less in bass , but gold sg1 can easy drive the bass out , now i am very satisfy with this combo when common go out.

WhatsApp Image 2023-07-31 at 6.27.48 PM.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2023 at 3:01 AM Post #535 of 700
How about blue one? Blue is more beautiful than black. lol
Tender is my first planar magnetic unit IEM, paired with SG1 gold,the timber is amazing. But Tender is a little picky about DAP or AMP, only the powerful gear could make it perform well.

1690893077284.png
My friend have blue one, i have try both, the blue one sound warm than the black one, the black one sound more transparent. Tender1 also is my first magnetic IEM, i have consider it between audeze euclid, tender1 have better present in density and depth. it have try my friend n8ii before, but still sg1 gold or dtr1+ drive better, both have better in soundstage and density. For convenient, i have pair it with sg1gold in daily use.

Aug 3, 2023 at 9:28 AM Post #536 of 700
Didn't know diffent color tenders have different tuning, that's cool.

Sg1 gold is very good for planar iem. Euclid on low gain sounds flat and dull, like with most other portable sources. On high gain, it's a different story. There's plenty of current on tap to wake up the bass and dynamics without needing any eq.
20230803_092359.jpg

Aug 3, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #537 of 700

Sg1 gold is very good for planar iem. Euclid on low gain sounds flat and dull, like with most other portable sources. On high gain, it's a different story. There's plenty of current on tap to wake up the bass and dynamics without needing any eq.
20230803_092359.jpg
Cool! I have used Audeze LCD3 and the impression is very good. This cable is not look like the original one. Is there a significant improvement compared to the original cable? Paired with low sensitivity IEM, SG1 gold is really great!

Aug 3, 2023 at 6:57 PM Post #538 of 700
My friend have blue one, i have try both, the blue one sound warm than the black one, the black one sound more transparent. Tender1 also is my first magnetic IEM, i have consider it between audeze euclid, tender1 have better present in density and depth. it have try my friend n8ii before, but still sg1 gold or dtr1+ drive better, both have better in soundstage and density. For convenient, i have pair it with sg1gold in daily use.
For the same unit, if the housing aluminum alloy has color difference, the timbre should not have a big difference. If there is a difference, it should also have relationship with the burn in time, or the matching difference brought by different sources.

Aug 4, 2023 at 2:35 AM Post #539 of 700

Yes, many earphone in SG1 Gold is different story, especial planar iem or other difficult driving earphone, in my case is fitear titan, now i am also paring it with sg1 gold, it like the different world sound, before i am seeking the player or player with amplifier for titan, but the result is treble too sharp or the bass too hard and small soundstage. finally, the sg1gold can solve it in a easy way. i found that if the earphone is driving well, most of time the sound is balance without any eq turning.

Fortunately, my friend have blue tender1 to try, so can test the different, we both use the same source.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2023 at 2:59 AM Post #540 of 700
For the same unit, if the housing aluminum alloy has color difference, the timbre should not have a big difference. If there is a difference, it should also have relationship with the burn in time, or the matching difference brought by different sources.
Yes, the main different is in the tone presentation, the blue one is sound warm than the black one, we both use sg1gold with tender1 combo, but my friend is main for Japanese music and me is Western music. i think it maybe one of the reason of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back